No Cake Birthday ?

Options

Replies

• HMcCan1
    HMcCan1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    23sevoo3rmtd.jpg
    I saw this on pinterest and made it for a friend for her birthday. She loved it!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    :/ ^
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    When I turned thirty, I made myself Birthday Applesauce. with Strawberries.

You could have a fruit pie .... whatever is special to you. If your birthday comes and goes and you feel like you missed out, it's not worth it. Eat something, enjoy it, and move on.

Usually we can't eat a whole birthday dinner AND cake with ice cream anyway. In our house, unless specified, a birthday is a special dinner OR dessert. Not both.

Got personal pizzas for my 50th. I was happy as a clam !!!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    pie
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    HMcCan1 wrote: »
    23sevoo3rmtd.jpg
    I saw this on pinterest and made it for a friend for her birthday. She loved it!

I think I would cry if someone gave me something that looked like a cake and was really fruit. Since there are nuts and frosting on it you didn't even save that many calories changing the cake to watermelon.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    23sevoo3rmtd.jpg

...what the...
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Slice a mush mellon and a catalope. Skin. Stack in layers. Put long skewers through layers from bottom. Top with a strawberry. Tada! Sugar free, fat free, all natural lucious "Layer cake". Regarding the frosted one, I don't care for frosting at all, and that sugar would make me crash.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    23sevoo3rmtd.jpg

I think I would cry if someone gave me something that looked like a cake and was really fruit. Since there are nuts and frosting on it you didn't even save that many calories changing the cake to watermelon.

But it's a pretty good idea for the OP, who specifically asked for non-cake alternatives.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Slice a mush mellon and a catalope. Skin. Stack in layers. Put long skewers through layers from bottom. Top with a strawberry. Tada! Sugar free, fat free, all natural lucious "Layer cake". Regarding the frosted one, I don't care for frosting at all, and that sugar would make me crash.

I assume you mean free of added sugar, because that would be pretty high in sugar. Adding nuts or maybe latering with greek yogurt would help lessen the sugar crash.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    23sevoo3rmtd.jpg

But it's a pretty good idea for the OP, who specifically asked for non-cake alternatives.

It's probably equal in calories, so not really.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    23sevoo3rmtd.jpg

Did you read the OP? She didn't ask for lower calories.
  • LolBroScience
    Options
    23sevoo3rmtd.jpg

Did you read the OP? She didn't ask for lower calories.

You're right, I misread it. I saw cannot control my food intake around junk food, and figured it would not make sense to recommend an alternative comparable in calories.

OP please try a cauliflower cake.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options

I think this must be the saddest sentence ever.

OP, it's your birthday! And you like cake. The best advice was definitely go out, have a piece of cake in a restaurant where you most likely won't order a whole, huge cake and just dive in mouth first and NOM NOM NOM your way through it, and then come home where there is no cake.

Or get a very portion controlled cupcake.

Or a birthday tiramisu. That's what I was forced to have on my last birthday. Yeah, you heard me. Forced! :)

Or maybe cake flavored ice cream?

• LolBroScience
    edited August 2015
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

OP, it's your birthday! And you like cake. The best advice was definitely go out, have a piece of cake in a restaurant where you most likely won't order a whole, huge cake and just dive in mouth first and NOM NOM NOM your way through it, and then come home where there is no cake.

Or a birthday tiramisu. That's what I was forced to have on my last birthday. Yeah, you heard me. Forced! :)

I was being sarcastic. Please see my reply on page one about a cupcake.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I'd cry.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    LOL I did when I reread the OPs first post but it's still a sad sentence!
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options

I've seen some amazing things done with cauliflower.

• LolBroScience
    Options
    edwardetr wrote: »

I've seen some amazing things done with cauliflower.

Who cares, it's still no cake substitute.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    It's still cake and that is not what you requested but there are some great recipes for diet soda cake and cupcakes on Pinterest. Someone brought one with frosting to a recent function I went to and it was delicious. I have a massive sweet tooth and I am loving the Halo Top low cal ice cream.