Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weights Class

2»

Replies

• Lexikat21
    Lexikat21 Posts: 22 Member
    After losing weight with cardio and doing a Body Pump class 2-3x a week for 9 months, I had much more defined muscles, and was stronger and leaner. I wasn't ripped or anything, but definitely stronger and more defined.
  • hjensen2263
    hjensen2263 Posts: 68 Member
    I try to keep around 1800 to 2000 calories per day. I work out about 2 hours/day, so my calories are a little higher. Mostly weighted plyometrics.
  • hjensen2263
    I have had my body fat measured using the electron technology. It's about 18%.
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Should I expect a lot more weight gain? Should I be worried about bulking up too much?

1. Depends on how much you eat.
    2. No.

^^This.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I have had my body fat measured using the electron technology. It's about 18%.

And???
  • hjensen2263
    And what?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    the answer is NO, UNANIMOUSLY - what is your new question?
  • kuzmacombat95
    kuzmacombat95 Posts: 2 Member
    18% body fat is the ideal for a normal female. The idea that you gained muscle from those light of weights is preposterous. You just confused the muscle you're now seeing with the fat you lost. Obviously you're a woman, so you'll never get muscle bulk unless you're on testosterone. As such, its a good idea to actually lift heavy to gain lean body mass. Not only will it help you burn more calories during rest, but also keep you from being "skinny fat," since that's as unhealthy as being fat. You should also limit intense cardio to 30-45 mins, as more makes your body release cortisol.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    18% body fat is the ideal for a normal female. The idea that you gained muscle from those light of weights is preposterous. You just confused the muscle you're now seeing with the fat you lost. Obviously you're a woman, so you'll never get muscle bulk unless you're on testosterone. As such, its a good idea to actually lift heavy to gain lean body mass. Not only will it help you burn more calories during rest, but also keep you from being "skinny fat," since that's as unhealthy as being fat. You should also limit intense cardio to 30-45 mins, as more makes your body release cortisol.

Why are you reviving a three year old thread?
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member

Why are you reviving a three year old thread?

Zombie day