Tanning Lotion?

MsSquatAlot
MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
Hey Everyone!

For those of you who fake bake - what tanning lotion do you use? I have been using Solid Black 100x and had some great results but I am almost out and wondering if anyone has any other suggestions?

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    The sun.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Well, aren't you clever.
  • TSith
    TSith Posts: 244 Member
    In the winter I use jwoww one and done! :)
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    I'm curious about answers here. I am a pale girl but tan pretty easy if I go to the river...problem is I always burn first. The other problem is, I don't want to look like a carrot stick. Hoping there are finally self-tan products out there that wont make my skin the same as an Oompa Loompa.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Thanks TSith! I will look into JWoww (they would have good products haha)

Purring- I am so pale and always wear sunscreen due to my tattoos but I do tan during the summer or when we are going on vacation. Thinking about this one, great reviews. http://www.amazon.com/Darksyde-Ultimate-Silicone-Bronzer-Tanning/dp/B00GDJZH5K/ref=sr_1_4?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1438719495&sr=1-4&keywords=tanning+lotion&refinements=p_72:1248873011
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    I used the fake bake brand in the past and have a few friends who do now. They love it.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Clarins makes 6 of the top ten tanners, something for everyone. I like the liquid bronze and the delectable mousse. They also make a gel that dries really fast, it's all made with beet sugar so it develops red/brown and not orange like drug store brands. If I couldn't get Clarins I'd use Vita Liberata or St. Tropez.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    TSith wrote: »

I also use jwoww. I've also used Australian Gold Cheeky Brown. Both are my go-to products for indoor tanning.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Jennloella wrote: »
    Clarins makes 6 of the top ten tanners, something for everyone. I like the liquid bronze and the delectable mousse. They also make a gel that dries really fast, it's all made with beet sugar so it develops red/brown and not orange like drug store brands. If I couldn't get Clarins I'd use Vita Liberata or St. Tropez.

Thanks!!! I will look into these now.
  • MsSquatAlot
    TSith wrote: »

I also use jwoww. I've also used Australian Gold Cheeky Brown. Both are my go-to products for indoor tanning.

Cheeky Brown seems to be a really popular brand from what I have seen too.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    I used the fake bake brand in the past and have a few friends who do now. They love it.

I did not know that was an actual brand Ha! Thanks!
  • karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    I've tried hard candy, nothing. Last week I bought Loreal, didn't try it yet. I've read excellent reviews on LovingTan it's 35$ and lasts up to 10 days, it's waterproof, you can watch some youtube videos. It's summer now so I have a tan but I will definitely try it in september.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Are any of these mentioned gradual tanners or is it a one application type of gig?
  • MsSquatAlot
    Karen - I am guessing hard candy is a self-tanner? I have never used one because I am terrified I will miss somewhere or end up carrot-like. Haha
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    I use St tropez
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Are any of these mentioned gradual tanners or is it a one application type of gig?

They're gradual -- at least the ones I mentioned. They don't leave your skin orange, either. I prefer to use them, not for the accelerated bronze pigment they provide, but for the moisturizers in the lotion. They even smell good!
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    I worked at a fake and bake and found with or without lotion I tanned
  • karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    yes, all of these are self tanners but I've never been carrot like. It's more like a dark bronze look, it looks natural
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    I think this is a favorite exchange today:

MsSquatAlot- Hey Everyone! For those of you who fake bake - what tanning lotion do you use? I have been using Solid Black 100x and had some great results but I am almost out and wondering if anyone has any other suggestions?

myheartsabattleground - The sun.

MsSquatAlot - Well, aren't you clever.