Yoga Nightmare

Options

Replies

• KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I've had boobs pop out in class and I've farted. Yoga people are generally a good accepting bunch so any judgement would have come from inside you, not them. Suck it up buttercup and go do some more yoga!
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm not dainty about anything. If I rip one in a yoga class its pretty obvious it was me. The class I was in was so laid back sometimes there was applause...
  • TehBunny
    TehBunny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The side effect of that for me is it made me want to eat better before yoga so I wouldn't be gassy before class. I hope you'll give it another try. Yoga is awesome.
  • scr183
    scr183 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Laura732 wrote: »
    I'm not dainty about anything. If I rip one in a yoga class its pretty obvious it was me. The class I was in was so laid back sometimes there was applause...

That is awesome.

Honestly, the first time it happened to me, even though I was embarrassed, it was kind of an "achievement unlocked" moment. Like -- hey, I'm here, I'm working hard, and them's the breaks (pun intended).
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    with all the cleanses going on in yoga studios, farts are inevitable
  • tiger400
    tiger400 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    As long as you all fart at the same time and blow the ceiling off lol. Chill Lauren Beth it happens to us all
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    If it's gotta happen somewhere, be thankful it's in yoga. EVERYONE that has taken more than one yoga has experienced that. Once you got passed the internal embarrassment, I bet your joints felt better, so go back for more!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    don't eat 4 hours before class - you'll be fine.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    lmao. This thread has turned me off completely of ever doing yoga outside of my living room.
  • sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It has happened to me! I was really embarrassed especially since that particular class was super quiet. I got over it even though I haven't gone back to that particular class yet. I'm a nurse so I deal with all kinds of bodily functions every day. It doesn't bother me as much anymore.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    48e06566baaaa3f43027524cce29ca61.jpg
    farting_17_things_girls_do_but_will_never_admit.gif

• seachelle76
    seachelle76 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry I laughed, but if it makes you feel any better, I exacerbated an old injury (from twenty years prior) and wound up fracturing my lateral malleolus/ankle (after fracturing it twice before, having multiple sprains and even physical therapy) simply standing on one leg. When I came out of the pose I felt that horrible numbness and knew. A trip to the doctor confirmed it and I had to wear a cast (for the third time). That was my first and last yoga class. I can injure myself literally just standing still.
  • helenfirth13
    helenfirth13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lol happened to me also
  • stevehendry22
    stevehendry22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi im a personal trainer , many times my client has farted whilst training very can be awkward also especially females who do it
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Yoga is awesome and great if you have digestive issues. Everyone farts in class. I have while initially embarassing noone really cares bc they know its part of the yoga! Queef now that is more embarassing but noone knows where it came from!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this thread would be about farting in yoga.
  • stevehendry22
    stevehendry22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    lol why do you fart a lot in yoga lol
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It happens and it really is no big deal. Regular yogis definitely don't judge or care. With all the deep twists it can be inevitable. I generally eat easy to digest things before class.
  • helenfirth13
    helenfirth13 Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Steven so rude making a comment about my knickers . They only show after working out as they cling to my bum with sweat. My partner likes panty lines usually great sex after getting in from gym . He loves the sweaty smell also so everyone to there own
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Hi im a personal trainer , many times my client has farted whilst training very can be awkward also especially females who do it

can you please explain how a woman doing the EXACT same thing a man does is more awkward or embarrassing?