5 ft and shorter success stories

Options
im 4'11" and i see plenty of success stories for people over 5 ft. id like to see if there are any other super shorties who have success story. i feel like being as short as i am i dont see any progress because i feel so compact. im currently 210 hoping to get into the 130's and lower.

Replies

• katnat12
    katnat12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya! I'm 5' and feel like I look huge and it takes forever to see a difference! I'm at 199 right now, also hoping for the 130s.
  • whitemagnolia1
    whitemagnolia1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello! 4'11'' here. I would also like to hear shortly success stories. Please post, thanks.
  • justcindy59
    justcindy59 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I used to be 4'11 now at age 60 I'm 4'9 probably due to being so obese for over 40 years. My highest weight was 382. I ask myself over and over again ..... how did I let it get so out of control? I have many, many different reasons but I'm tired of hearing that they are all excuses.

I lost 20 pounds 3 years ago and kept it off. I started MFP August 31, 2014 with a starting weight of 362 pounds and since that day I have been binge free.

I have lost over 114 pounds in 11 months with MFP. Today I weigh 246 and that is the lowest I have been in 20 years. I can't wait to get into the Hundreds. I know it will happen because I want this ....really want this. I have learned so much from this site and made a few good friends. I constantly read the success stories and love seeing all the before and afters. This is my goal, to be a success story too. There are so many other reasons, too many to list.

It took a long time for me to see a difference and if my daughter hadn't made me take pictures I probably still wouldn't believe I have lost over 100 pounds. I was surprised that it took even longer for others who knew me to see a change in my weight. I have a hard time taking in praise so it doesn't bother me if no one says anything. Go by how you feel and how much easier life is with each pound lost.

I hope you all reach your goals. You wouldn't believe how fast time passes. Keep going strong.

• get8fit
    get8fit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" used to be 5'. Age and osteoporosis have taken me down a notch. I am 67yrs old and have been on MFP for 5yrs now. Starting weight 126 now 106. I do Pilates about 5days a week ( 10 minute solutions) I am at my goal but would like to start weight training, use 5lb weights now but looking to increase. Wishing all my fellow shorties much success

• marsandval
    marsandval Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 4' 10 and I have lost 22.5 pounds. I am fluctuating between 101 and 103 would like to loose about 5 more. Still have they blasted belly fat though, so I have been doing the ab exercises and weight training in hope of tightening that up.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" and am 53 years old. I started MFP in Jan 2014 at 150 lbs and failed. I started again Jan 2015 and am now 116 lbs.
  • terr91payette14
    terr91payette14 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    thank you all for the success and progress stories. it always helps to hear how well other are doing on their path. i feel it is very encouraging and helps me to continue. i always feel a little down if i weigh in and weigh the some as i did a week ago but i need to remember it takes time. i hope to hear more success stories as i keep going and that one day i can post my own photos and story as well
  • fablevins
    fablevins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »
    I am 4'11" and am 53 years old. I started MFP in Jan 2014 at 150 lbs and failed. I started again Jan 2015 and am now 116 lbs.

Congratulations! What did you do differently this time?
  • deannaxsmithx
    deannaxsmithx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    4'9" and 20 years old. I started at 138lbs. This morning I weighed 99lbs. I started MFP in January and I'm on a streak of 202 days.
    No matter how tall, short, big or small you are, you can lose weight and be healthy. Keep at it and I promise you'll see results.
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    This time I committed. Bought a food scale, researched the forums. Exercised regularly.
  • HopeMurray31
    HopeMurray31 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, I'm 5' tall and I weigh my heaviest at 213. I want to get down to 110!
  • azucker88
    azucker88 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, I started at 190lb I am currently 171, just a lb shy of 20 lbs down! :) I have 36 more lbs to go! ! You can do it :) I am only 49 days in
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I started in Febuary 2015 at 128lb and am currently 102lbs, looking to get to about 98lbs.

I have aimed for 1000cals a day but go by a weekly average which has been consistently in the 1000-1200 range, though I have had the odd 2000cal days. I have been losing 1-2lbs a week with no plateau and I don't exercise. I did take up swimming but I had a sports injury and am still recovering. Currently about 16.6% body fat.

I eat mostly fruit & veg which has always been my favourite food since childhood (salad, roasted veg -yum!)- I know my protein and fat levels are abysmal and need addressing. When I'm finished losing body fat and have recovered I intend to attempt a re-comp.
  • terr91payette14
    Options
    I'm 23, I'm 5' tall and I weigh my heaviest at 213. I want to get down to 110!

we have similar weight and goals! i have never met someone, online or in person close in height, weight, and goals. i want to be closer to 115-130 but i wont know until i get there lol
  • terr91payette14
    Options
    azucker88 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2, I started at 190lb I am currently 171, just a lb shy of 20 lbs down! :) I have 36 more lbs to go! ! You can do it :) I am only 49 days in
    thats awesome! in about a month in but have only changed my diet. i start mfp after starting my diet change so since i began im 5lbs total down but on mfp i think its 3
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    4"11 here!
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    4"11 and need to lose 60lbs! Started 5:2 yesterday
  • kimikat91
    kimikat91 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, my heaviest was 267 and im 5'2 1/2. 24 yrs old. Im down to 235. I cut out sugar almost completely. Im stuck at 235 right now and struggling a little with bingeing. But i know i can get thru it. My goal weight is 120.
  • DonnaLeeFarris
    DonnaLeeFarris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thank you all for the success and progress stories. it always helps to hear how well other are doing on their path. i feel it is very encouraging and helps me to continue. i always feel a little down if i weigh in and weigh the some as i did a week ago but i need to remember it takes time. i hope to hear more success stories as i keep going and that one day i can post my own photos and story as well

• TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    5' 1'' and down 20 pounds, 48 to go :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!