5'3 and shorter that need to or have lost 30+ lbs

Options

Replies

• xonicolette
    xonicolette Posts: 151 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi! I am 23 and a single mom. I am 5'2 and started my journey in March 2015. I had a total of 80 lbs to lose. So far I have lost 30 lbs and still going! Here is my most recent progress picture attached. The first one is from the first of April and the one on the right is just from yesterday 8/4/15. I still have a long ways to go but happy to help others become or stay motivated and have others help motivate me! Adding you now and anyone else can add me as well :)

3sbeg3dr8jhm.jpg

• whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    5'2, 40 years old. 3 kids. SW 224, CW 159.6, GW 137. Down 64.4 lbs.

I strength train 3 times a week, and alternate cardio between those days.
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and at 182. Gained what I lost the first time around and really need help with starting good habits after a stressful year. Feel free to add me!
  • echotrufaith
    echotrufaith Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 5'3" with about 60 pounds to lose. I'm really struggling with staying on track and accountable here, but more friends couldn't hurt with that. Feel free to add me. I've also started an accountability group here and on Facebook to help with it. Let me know if you're interested.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and have lost ~60 lbs from my max weight of 188 lbs (in 2008). I was overweight/obese since I was a teen and stayed that way until last October when I reached a healthy BMI. I lost the majority of it over the last 3 years alternating deficits and maintenance. I'm currently cutting my last few lbs this month and then attempting a bit of recomp. I'm aiming for a range 120-125.

I held my fat everywhere (I'm a thick limbed hourglass). When I lost my weight, I lost fat everywhere, but primarily from my waist, upper back, shoulders, and hips. I'm still thick limbed, but I prefer it that way. Surprises were my ring size going down 2 sizes, my shoe size going down a size, fitting into small <anything>, and my face appears to be a different shape.
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    5'2 and 1/2 lol I have tons to loose! Feel free to add me!
  • ejb06070
    ejb06070 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    hxv4ded02c26.png

I'm 5'2 and currently weigh 220.8 (22 years old). I started out at 270 in March. I have been walking (jogging until I can't handle it, then walking until I can jog again) about 3 miles a day every day (usually takes me about an hour) except Saturday, where I go for a 6 mile walk (which is very leisurely, though also mostly uphill, and takes closer to three hours). I have cut out soda and have greatly cut down on my crap food intake. I had been drinking 2 SlimFasts per day, but recently ran out and don't have the money to re-up my current supply right now, so have been making do without.
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and I started around 150 lbs. I'm now just under 130 lbs. My goal is 115 lbs or so. Weight loss is slower. I've not hit a plateau, but some weeks I only lose a half pound. I'm part of some challenge groups which I find helpful.
  • EnrgizerBnny
    EnrgizerBnny Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    5"2 highest weight years back 211, highest weight this year 190, I am 166 now, its not necessarily about loosing weight but gaining muscle and toning . I have lost 24lbs in 32 days 95% nutrition
  • EnrgizerBnny
    EnrgizerBnny Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    4dipq58nptxj.jpg
  • sweetcherae
    sweetcherae Posts: 66 Member
    Options

5"2 highest weight years back 211, highest weight this year 190, I am 166 now, its not necessarily about loosing weight but gaining muscle and toning . I have lost 24lbs in 32 days 95% nutrition

Nutrition is definitely the key :-). Thanks for this :-)
  • sweetcherae
    sweetcherae Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ejb06070 wrote: »
    hxv4ded02c26.png

I'm 5'2 and currently weigh 220.8 (22 years old). I started out at 270 in March. I have been walking (jogging until I can't handle it, then walking until I can jog again) about 3 miles a day every day (usually takes me about an hour) except Saturday, where I go for a 6 mile walk (which is very leisurely, though also mostly uphill, and takes closer to three hours). I have cut out soda and have greatly cut down on my crap food intake. I had been drinking 2 SlimFasts per day, but recently ran out and don't have the money to re-up my current supply right now, so have been making do without.

Protein powders can get pretty spendy. I like to drink almond milk shakes. My favs are almond milk with cocao powder, banana, and tbsp or peanut butter. Also almond milk with kale, banana, and mixed berries. Super tasty. Low calorie and keeps you full :-). And great job on your weight loss :-). I can't wait to lose 50lbs
  • Bebejuice
    Bebejuice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I just started the Venus factor this passed weekend and so far feeling good. I'm 5' and 140 lbs the last time I checked. Before I got with my fiance I was 127lbs. He's currently deployed and will be gone for 2 months. I'm hoping to get down to 120-125 lbs. Anyone have any success stories with Venus? I'd love to hear from you and maybe we can help motivate each other.
  • wonna13
    wonna13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5 I am 218.8 now. I would love to get down to 135. Add me in. I am doing my best too. I am glad to be getting the support from people who understand.
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5" and started with 168.5 on May 1. Not losing more than 5-6 lbs a month, so after 3 month, I lost 16 lbs. 32.5 to go. Work out really heavy 5-6 times a week and eat around 1200 calories. I am impatient, but at the same time I like the steady 5 lbs loss a month. I know it will stay off. :D
  • ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" (or 5'2" on a good day!) and had my second baby three months ago. I was 13st 4lbs after I had him and I'm down to 12st 2 now. I'm aiming for 10 and a half stone. It still leaves me about a stone over weight, but I'm happy at that size and can maintain it better than when I weighed less.

I've not eaten below 1600 cals a day, don't know how you ladies on 1200 a day manage it every day!! I've started doing 5-2, so I have two days a week where I eat 500-700 cals and then the other days I can eat at my maintenance level around 2000. The only exercise I do currently is walking on average three miles a day and running around after my boys. My body is knackered after having my baby, so I need to gradually work on getting my fitness back.

I'm not doing anything too drastic to lose the weight. I'm tired of yo yo dieting, binging and purging. I'm just plodding along and making sustainable changes.
  • Miarim1
    Miarim1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hope you continue doing well with the Venus factor @Bebejuice . For all of you who are wondering what that is here's a link http://bit.ly/1IMpq7b
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Well under 5'3" here. A few months ago I hit the scale and discovered I was almost exactly 50 pounds over what my normal weight had been most of my life. The first 10 pounds I'd gained with a doctor's blessing, but it's time for the 40 pounds above and beyond that initial weight gain to go. Thanks to logging with MFP's food diary I've been able to shed 15 pounds so far.
  • rebeccalynncraig
    rebeccalynncraig Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5 foot and am 232 lbs. I've tried to lose weight before but while I'm great at starting, I'm terrible with following through. I'm working with a nutritionist right now and my husband is incredibly supportive, but it is a little daunting knowing I need to lose half of me to be healthy (over 100 lbs). Does anyone feel the same way or have any advice on keeping it up even though I feel my goal (even just losing 20lbs) feels unattainable?
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 and have lost 42 pounds (and still going!) Feel free to add me for motivation!!