Options

Replies

• Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    cycov wrote: »
    I don't need an extension for my seatbelt on the plane
    I can put the try down on the flight and have it not rest on my belly
    I don't have to request a table instead of a booth. I can fit in them now!!
    :smiley:

That's wonderful!
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've gained all of my weight back, due to injury and stress but when I was smaller I noticed the following things.

People listened to me more and cared about my opinion.

Definitely being able to shop in more stores and not just plus size.

Not having to take so many meds for diabetes.

Not being fat shamed. My mom does this to me all the time. I know she's concerned about my health, but it just makes me literally dig in.

I look considerably younger when I'm a smaller size. I'm in my forties and I look very young for my age, but when I lose weight I look even younger and tend to get carded a lot. (That would always make me smile
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda shocked when I shop for clothing now---I still shop like I'm big.

People are soooo much nicer to me.

My butt hurts when I sit now. Lol
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    The tattoo on my hip is getting bigger!! Well, it looks like it anyway because I'm getting smaller!
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, so inspiring!

About 45lbs down and only half way but here are mine so far:

-i can wear my engagement ring again and actually moves round and round on my finger.

- my wedding ring is too big and will probably need serious resizing when I'm done.

-The cellulite on my thighs is improving

- when my husband and i went for a walk he noted my pace is now the same as his and I'm not out of breath as often

- i was checking myself out in the mirror and he asked if i was holding in my belly i said not really, he said wow your waist is soo tiny, it really made me smile.

-having always been the chubby one im now lighter than both my sisters and secretly i am super chuffed about this :)
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Duchy82 wrote: »
    -having always been the chubby one im now lighter than both my sisters and secretly i am super chuffed about this :)

Totally relate to this. Growing up I was the big one, the biggest in the family. Got comments about it a lot, which quite frankly were counter productive. These days however I am the smallest one in the nuclear family that I grew up in. Still slightly overweight but heading to normal BMI, only my husband and my youngest nephew in better BMI territory. But being (a lot) smaller than my mother and brother does bring that secretly chuffed feeling to my face
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Duchy82 wrote: »

Totally relate to this. Growing up I was the big one, the biggest in the family. Got comments about it a lot, which quite frankly were counter productive. These days however I am the smallest one in the nuclear family that I grew up in. Still slightly overweight but heading to normal BMI, only my husband and my youngest nephew in better BMI territory. But being (a lot) smaller than my mother and brother does bring that secretly chuffed feeling to my face

Fortunately my family never made negative comments about my weight and my mum and dad aren't exactly thin, but i always felt negative about my weight myself. I'm actually pretty proud of what i have achieved and recently volunteered at the gp's to go on the scale that's never happened ever!
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    This is a bit embarrassing but...

My nipples are really noticeable now, and it's sort of cringey. I want them to go away again! I look like I'm constantly flashing everyone through my t-shirts.
  • desigurl82
    desigurl82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The towel being able to be wrapped around me properly and fitting in swings!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Even in the middle of summer, I have to turn the little space heater on in the office where I work because it gets chilly at night in here. When the 1st shift workers arrive in the morning, they always complain that it's like a sauna in my office. And I feel like it's just getting comfortable.

This. I have a heater under my desk at one campus and I DREAD working at the other one because there is no heater. :anguished:
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I went to sit down last night in my desk chair, and my body tensed expecting my shirt to ride up at the lower back and have cold leather chill my skin... but it didn't. My shirt stayed right where it was supposed to be.

I guess I've gotten used to the chair hitting my lower back and chilling me and I didn't even realize it was happening until it didn't any more.
  • msharrington315
    msharrington315 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The brain catching up with my weight. It took me until a few months ago to not "feel" 400 pounds anymore. I still have lingering behaviors, like hiding my body behind the side of my coworkers' cubicle when I talk to them... Or putting on a pair of pants thinking, "These look too small..." when in reality they are loose on me...
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    The brain catching up with my weight. It took me until a few months ago to not "feel" 400 pounds anymore. I still have lingering behaviors, like hiding my body behind the side of my coworkers' cubicle when I talk to them... Or putting on a pair of pants thinking, "These look too small..." when in reality they are loose on me...

That is always a dead giveaway to me when someone's lost a whole lot of weight. You still keep the habits of leaving room for all the extra body you don't have anymore. When you've got the skinny person who's holding their breath to squeeze around people and objects, it's a safe bet they picked up that habit from being bigger at some point. It makes me smile when I see it. :)
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My unexpected result the last time around was oddly, lower self esteem. My achievements were quite great, but I wasn't pleased with my new, smaller self. I didn't feel beautiful anymore. I've since dealt with a lot of this and am eager to try again.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My sense of balance is off, particularly when walking down stairs.
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    My sense of balance is off, particularly when walking down stairs.

I just realized this this morning as I walking and managed to snag a hole in my jeans on a fire hydrant!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    The weirdest one for me was my life insurance. Went down by $20 a month ($240 a year) because I reported my weight loss. They sent a nurse out to verify my weight, then lowered the premium.
    And I'm not even in Onderland yet!

Bargain!
  • ReinventVictoria
    ReinventVictoria Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good morning , I've only been here 22 days however I wanted to share a few changes I've noticed

I stared at 186 and I'm now 172, 5"3.

1 when I sit up in the bath the water flows better no more dam

2 when I walk my arms don't hit my hips anymore

3 the fat doest bulge out of my pockets

4 no more heartburn

5 no more shortness of breath

Took 3 weeks for someone to notice and say something :)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!