is it ok to eat most of my calories at night?

I tend to eat very clean, so i alwayd have calories left. I also have bigget appetite at night, so i eat a big dinner and before bed or during midnight i drink 32oz of milk. Always eating cleanand under my caloric need. Is it ok?
Can someone explain me IIFYM and give me some tips too, please?

Replies

• charl19912015
    charl19912015 Posts: 3 Member
    I always got told that eating past 8pm.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Yes you're fine. Energy expenditure vs intake is ultimatum. We don't run on a clock.....we run on a constant cycle. Meal timing is relevant for very nit picky times like contest shows and only temporary
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Eat as late as you want unless eating interferes with your sleep.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    I eat about 1600-1700 calories from 7-before I got to bed every day
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    I need fuel for the day and the after work workout

Not eating all day would not work for me

Your mileage may vary
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    It doesn't matter when you eat, but you'd probably have more energy if you spread it out.

I would venture that your excess calories in the evening are due to a fear of running out during the day.
  • KaneNLN
    KaneNLN Posts: 39 Member
    Meal timing is irrelevant, if you enjoy it keep doing it.

Personally I love coming home from the gym about 9pm and eating 80g of carbs and 100 protein
  • vidalsouza6
    vidalsouza6 Posts: 16 Member
    since i began diet i have a constant hunger during the nifht and i eat a lot, so i usually keep most of my calories for night.
    Is IIFYM real? What do you advice me?
  • vidalsouza6
    I also started eating normal, so yesterday i ate at my friends house and i ate chicken coated with bread crumbs, i had a healthy dinner but today i ate rice with squid. I weighted myself and i weighted 5 punds more…
    Ia it normal to gain weight when getting back to normal eating?
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    It's normal to weigh more and less and more as your weight fluctuates throughout the day/week. If this bothers you weigh yourself weekly or find a way to keep track of a trend of your weight over time (like trendweight.com if you've got a WiFi scale or a FitBit account with your recorded weight)
  • vidalsouza6
    But everyone eats junk food and dont get fat but i eat rice or chicken coated woth bread and i gain weight…
  • vidalsouza6
    Is it normal that after a binge(clean food also) i lose definition of my abs and i looks fatter, like softer?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Is it normal that after a binge(clean food also) i lose definition of my abs and i looks fatter, like softer?
    If you ate something different (salt, sugar, carbs, . . . ), you might be carrying a little extra water. It will work itself out naturally. Try to be patient with yourself and your body.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Who needs 4 cups of milk? Holy cow! Literally!
  • vidalsouza6
    my prebed snack is 8 cups of skimmed milk
  • vidalsouza6
    but, i have been working out pretty good, ive been eating clean the rest of the day and ive been doing my cardio... if i retain water, i will look softer. so, how can i know if i have gain muscle, fat or water?
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited August 2015
    How old are you?

If you're under 18, you should go to Spark Teens.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited August 2015
    but, i have been working out pretty good, ive been eating clean the rest of the day and ive been doing my cardio... if i retain water, i will look softer. so, how can i know if i have gain muscle, fat or water?

It's not the things you eat in just one day that make a difference in how your body looks that same day. It is about having a calorie deficit over time. So it'll just take time to see the real changes.

It doesn't sound like you're following a sensible program, though. Choosing nutritious food is good, but you don't have to eat clean to lose weight.

Not eating all day and then having 8 cups of skimmed milk at night is not sensible, at all. Especially if you're still growing. Binging isn't good. It sounds like you need more information about nutrition and weight loss.

If you want to lose weight and keep it off in a sustainable way, you would do much better to eat a well-rounded diet, and to eat to fuel your activity while keeping a deficit. I think smaller deficits are easier for lots of people to handle and maintain.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    edited August 2015
    my prebed snack is 8 cups of skimmed milk

Not sure if my eyes are working correctly but that's 2 liters of milk?
    Is that right?

That's a 1000 calories of liquid (2% milk)!

But everyone eats junk food and dont get fat but i eat rice or chicken coated woth bread and i gain weight…

Well...

Read up on calories in - calories out [CICO]

I'm a night eater too, but I make sure I count my calories in and my Polar M400 and heartrate monitor do a good job of counting the calories out [i.e. energy burned during the day]

Best of luck.

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    @vidalsouza6 for your I can not answer but for me now at age 64 if I am trying to lose weight I do not need to eat again at bedtime.