ewai05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ewai05 wrote: »
    what do you like to eat for breakfast every morning
    I like oats with egg
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Most days, I have some bran flakes with dried fruit or muesli with yoghurt. When I'm off work and have enough time to make something else, I tend to go for some pancakes, french toast with fruit, omelettes, or some shakshuka.
  • bellesb169
    bellesb169 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It varies but its usually something like:
    * 2-3 hard boiled egg whites, 1-2 turkey sausage patties
    * 2-3 hard boiled egg whites, 1 chicken sausage patty
    * 2-3 hard boiled egg whites, 1/2 of a protein shake, and some fruit

It's pretty simple so I need to work some variety in my diet.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    This is my favorite go-to breakfast, probably have it 5 days out of the week.
    2 poached eggs / or egg whites
    2 tablespoons ghost pepper salsa
    30 grams avocado
    2 slices of bacon / or 2 oz of smoked sausage
    coffee

I make enough bacon or sausage for about 3 days, so all I have to do is heat it up in the microwave.

• maryroans
    maryroans Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually only have coffee and multivitamins, as I eat most of my calories in the late afternoon and evening and tend to feel nauseous if I work out in the mornings with food in my stomach. However, I will occasionally have a nutrition bar (Cliff, Luna, Lara, etc.) before/during my morning workout if I am feeling sluggish.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Waffles with pb2, honey, and blueberries
    Two egg whites 1 whole egg scrambled with cheese and salsa on toast or a waffle
    Greek yogurt with berries
    or just coffee so I can spend my calories on a bigger lunch or dinner!
  • JenniK614
    JenniK614 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Egg whites
    Turkey bacon
    Oatmeal
    Yogurt
    Toast with fruit preserves

I eat them in different combinations so I don't get tired of it. Sometimes I have one combination for breakfast and another for dinner just because I love breakfast food so much :smile:
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Two eggs wrapped with a flour tortilla, glass of milk and a banana
  • MissJM1
    MissJM1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Either

2x weetabix

2 soft boiled eggs with 2 slices toast

yoghurt with chopped banana and some almonds mixed in

Scrambled egg on toast

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I have two breakfasts I alternate. One is a 2-egg omelet with a couple of different kinds of vegetables and feta, and the other is steel cut oats with protein powder and berries. I usually have some kind of veggies on the side with the oatmeal (today I had a stirfry of cabbage, zucchini, and tofu), and I usually have some kind of additional protein (plain greek yogurt, cottage cheese, or smoked salmon, most commonly) with the omelet.

I have the omelet most often, but since I get eggs once a week from a farm I'll run out and supplement with the oatmeal, and besides it makes for a nice variety.
  • bellesb169
    bellesb169 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    30 grams avocado
    coffee
    I make enough bacon or sausage for about 3 days, so all I have to do is heat it up in the microwave.

This sounds delicious and low calorie!!
  • MamaFunky
    edited August 2015
    Options
    bellesb169 wrote: »
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    30 grams avocado
    coffee

This sounds delicious and low calorie!!

I had this for breakfast this morning and it totaled about 210 calories. That was with 2 poached egg whites (6 tablespoons of All Whites) and 2 oz of smoked sausage. It works good for me and keeps me full until lunch. I am one of those that likes to save up my calories for dinner and maybe a glass of wine/beer, so its nice to keep breakfast low cal most of the week. :smile:

• tinaolsson
    tinaolsson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 2 boiled eggs, and one hard bread with ham, tomatoes and cucumber. Delicious. (Saturday unhealthy french toasts) :smiley:
  • Linovitz
    Linovitz Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am with the hard boiled egg gang. I usually have some fruit too - normally strawberries or pineapple. I am not hungry first thing in the morning, so whatever I eat I take to work with me. Hard boiled eggs are high protein, low cal, and portable. For a change of pace, I have Kashi cereal. It does have a lot of carbs, but also a lot of protein. Once in a while, if I am in a hurry or eating in the car, I just have a Quest bar. For splurges - pancakes and sausages - yum!!!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I eat different things every day. Today I had 2 bacon, to over medium eggs, 1 biscuit and gravy, and 2 pancakes with maple syrup.
  • kvansteen
    kvansteen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Granola with fruit of some kind (usually berries) with soy milk and extra nuts like almonds. I also have coffee with honey.
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I eat different things every day. Today I had 2 bacon, to over medium eggs, 1 biscuit and gravy, and 2 pancakes with maple syrup.

Yum! Love biscuits and gravy. That is one of my favorite things to have for breakfast. I like my homemade version though...some of the gravy at restaurants taste like powdered gravy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I don't eat the same exact thing for breakfast everyday...but my go to during the week is pinto beans with scrambled eggs smothered in NM Chiles