appetite stimulater

Options
Is there anything that will make me hunger or stimulate my appetite?

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep, some good hard cardio....... I could eat a horse after 2 hours of roller blading.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Try eating at set times every day. Your body will come to expect it and start getting hungry in anticipation.
    Kind of like the pavlof effect.
  • tinaschultz0327
    tinaschultz0327 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Kanoojumps Won't stuff like that just give me muscle? I want to get body fat
  • tinaschultz0327
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »
    Try eating at set times every day. Your body will come to expect it and start getting hungry in anticipation.
    Kind of like the pavlof effect.

I did not think of that thanks
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    go ride a bike for an hour
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Kanoojumps Won't stuff like that just give me muscle? I want to get body fat
    Cardio will give you a little muscle if you start intensively using those muscles, just not a lot.
    The downside is that you would have to eat even more food to eat all the exercise calories back.

But yes, exercise can work appetite increasing for some people.

• Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    content removed by staff
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Ah, bummer! Sorry, that was the only advice I had. I'm in the "trying to lose weight" category, so I'm not sure what else is out there for making you hungry.
  • tinaschultz0327
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Ah, bummer! Sorry, that was the only advice I had. I'm in the "trying to lose weight" category, so I'm not sure what else is out there for making you hungry.
    That's okay. I hope you reach your goals! Good luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Who needs pot... You want to be real hungry... just lift real heavy. While lifting i could eat a horse..
  • tinaschultz0327
    Options
    RedWolf09 wrote: »
    I wish there was some hunger stimulating supplement but I don't think there is. I personally prefer to not use pot so it's become a mental thing. Condition your body to handle more food and slowly you'll no longer need to force it.

Someone mentioned to me that I need to try eating on a schedule and my body will get used to it. Today was day one with scheduled meal it was so hard that I could not eat all my calories for today but I will try again tomorrow thank you
  • tinaschultz0327
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Who needs pot.. you want to be real hungry... just lift real heavy. While lifting i could eat a horse..

Over exercising can cause a delay in my menstrual cycle! I am very active as it is. I am trying to gain weight to hopefully help regulate my menstrual cycle so I can become pregnant. If I don't become pregnant at leat have a normal cycle.
  • yellowantphil
    yellowantphil Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I don’t know much about either of these, but I have heard of supplements named Apetamin and Eatmor. I don’t know what’s in them, but if you read reviews online, some people say they work.
  • tinaschultz0327
    Options
    I don’t know much about either of these, but I have heard of supplements named Apetamin and Eatmor. I don’t know what’s in them, but if you read reviews online, some people say they work.
    Thanks I will look into them I will post on here to share info about them
  • shashan0808
    shashan0808 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Apetamin works!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Who needs pot.. you want to be real hungry... just lift real heavy. While lifting i could eat a horse..

Over exercising can cause a delay in my menstrual cycle! I am very active as it is. I am trying to gain weight to hopefully help regulate my menstrual cycle so I can become pregnant. If I don't become pregnant at leat have a normal cycle.

I am not talking about over exercising... lifting 3 days a week (full body progressive lifting) is more than adequate to help support muscle growth during a bulk. Also, i generally would recommend lowering cardio or eliminating it to reduce your calorie expenditure.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

I am not talking about over exercising... lifting 3 days a week (full body progressive lifting) is more than adequate to help support muscle growth during a bulk. Also, i generally would recommend lowering cardio or eliminating it to reduce your calorie expenditure.

cosign …

training three days a week is not overtraining..

after my deadlift sessions I could probably crush 2000 calories and still be hungry an hour later…

• besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about calorie dense foods like avocado, oils, full fat dairy if you can handle lactose and nut butters. Give me a spoon and cashew butter and you have to fight me to take it away again. Expect scratch marks.
    If you're expecting to get pregnant be careful to read med labels. Side effects can be bad for future baby.
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    If you are good with lactose you can try whole milk, drinking is way easier when you don't feel hungry. Peanuts and pistachios are another I use to bump up the calories, also easy to consume when you don't feel hungry :smile: