Im back, been gone for over a year. Maintained weight. (Pics)

Options
ILxScalco
ILxScalco Posts: 72 Member
edited August 2015 in Success Stories
Just wanted to let everyone know im back and will be active again. Long story short, started MFP in 2013 at 280 pounds, currently 153 pounds. Mainted weight for 2 years and now Im body building. Will post pics tomorrow and will do Q&A after I post pics. Good night everyone. Sweet dreams. :)

Also, my profile pic wont update correctly unless you click on it. Anyways, good night. Talk to you all tomorrow. :)

Replies

• ILxScalco
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have a ton of before and after pics so stay updated!
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see pics
    Congrats for maintaining
    I stopped exercising ( for personal reasons) and fitness pal for one year and I gained it all back, 23 lbs.
    only when I saw the scale exactly to where is was 4 years ago did I come back ! 9 days now for me, 1 lbs down.
  • ILxScalco
    Options
    @Happyme2009 congrats! Keep up the good work. Proud of you!

Stay tuned everyone! Before and after photos, diet tips, my workouts, all coming when I get home today.

- Anthony
  • ILxScalco
    Options
    Alright so here we go, early 2013, this was me. At 5ft8" I was 280 pounds.
    ylcqn7mietvq.png

I woke up one day, looked at myself and the mirror and hated what I seen. I never looked back from that day on.

Cardio 5x week for 1hour for 1.5 years, never missed a day. 6 months go by, here's what I see.
    s64uzeh2rwav.jpg

At this point I am becoming happier and that pushes me to train harder. At 7 months in I switch my workouts from 5x cardio a week to 3, then lift for 2 days. 2 Months go by. Here's what I see.
    f9xbfoknc64y.png

At this point I'm so much happier in life, but...my craving for a better me is still there.
    At nearly over 1 year...this was me.
    szvmn79yn4vu.jpg

1.5 years in, this was me.
    7njs4jnuhgn0.jpg

1.8 years in, this was me.
    wdrj44i170i8.jpg

And finally, today. Well, this picture is now a week old. But you get my point.
    kf64q75u2atm.jpg

xz02yt4rz8t7.jpg

v1hgzpxerudu.jpg

1y9kgt9hctjn.jpg

I will post my exact cardio workout and lifting workout tomorrow when I get home. I hope you all enjoy this. Have a good night.

- Anthony.

• ILxScalco
    Options
    Forgot to mention. My current weight is 153. :)
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look great.
  • gaulmc
    gaulmc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Man what an inspiration you are, thanks so much for posting the pics. I Have just joined today, thanks Anthony
    Kind regards gaulmc
  • cmasongreen
    cmasongreen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A Day to Remember? Bring me the Horizon?
    ....you're an alright guy
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Nicely done.
  • ILxScalco
    Options
    Thanks you all.
  • wonna13
    wonna13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW. You know I like the fact that you saw yourself and said I am going to do something about it. You stuck with it. I noticed you were getting happier and happier and allowed that to keep motivating you. What I learn from you is to stick with it. Change will come. Thanks so much for posting it really helped me.
  • ILxScalco
    edited August 2015
    Options
    wonna13 wrote: »
    WOW WOW. You know I like the fact that you saw yourself and said I am going to do something about it. You stuck with it. I noticed you were getting happier and happier and allowed that to keep motivating you. What I learn from you is to stick with it. Change will come. Thanks so much for posting it really helped me.

You're right. And I appreciate it. Something's different about me now. I absolutely LOVE it when people tell me I can't do something. My brain instantly goes into the "Oh yeah? Let's prove them wrong" Being told I can't do something gives me more motivation than anything else.
  • ILxScalco
    edited August 2015
    Options
    A Day to Remember? Bring me the Horizon?
    ....you're an alright guy

Haha, thanks ;)

Also, I'm a HUGE fan of MGK. Been to 4 of his Road Trippin' concerts in the past 2 mnts. Me and my GF always get backstage passes and chill with him 30 mins before his shows. He knows us by our first names now. I love it.
  • ILxScalco
    Options
    LilannB wrote: »
    You look great.

Thank you, Lilann!
    gaulmc wrote: »
    Man what an inspiration you are, thanks so much for posting the pics. I Have just joined today, thanks Anthony
    Kind regards gaulmc

Thank you, Gualmc!

• Fuelly
    Fuelly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!

Btw, I am a huge Cubs/Bears/Bulls/Hawks fan. I live about 200 miles west of Chicago, but I head to the city any chance I get!
  • ILxScalco
    Options
    I've been reading around on the Success Stories on this forum. I've quite a few people mention in the comments about " How do we know this person is real" "How do we know this person isn't just stealing pic"

My Facebook name is Anthony Manescalco, I have the same profile pic on there, I will accept all friend requests, just please take into consideration I man in a relationship...Pls don't add me just to flirt. I'm not interested. I will glady give diet tips, and anything health related. If you can't find me, just msg me your FB name and I'll add you.
    :)
  • ILxScalco
    Options
    Fuelly wrote: »
    Inspiring!

Btw, I am a huge Cubs/Bears/Bulls/Hawks fan. I live about 200 miles west of Chicago, but I head to the city any chance I get!

Me too. I was just there 2 weeks ago for a concert. My hotel was half mile from the Navy Pier! It was great.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    ILxScalco wrote: »
    I've been reading around on the Success Stories on this forum. I've quite a few people mention in the comments about " How do we know this person is real" "How do we know this person isn't just stealing pic"

My Facebook name is Anthony Manescalco, I have the same profile pic on there, I will accept all friend requests, just please take into consideration I man in a relationship...Pls don't add me just to flirt. I'm not interested. I will glady give diet tips, and anything health related. If you can't find me, just msg me your FB name and I'll add you.

Can you share a "day in the life" diet wise? Do you follow any specific plan, or is more IIFYM?
  • ILxScalco
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ILxScalco wrote: »

Can you share a "day in the life" diet wise? Do you follow any specific plan, or is more IIFYM?

I don't mind sharing at all. Back when I was losing weight...I only focused on a few things. (Eating wise)

This was my diet for the first year.

- 1,600-1,700 cals
    - 1500mg sodium strict
    - 70g+ protein
    - 50g carbs or less.

The next week I would switch it to a 5 day juice diet. (I did this so my body would never get use to the same foods, so I would not hit a plateau.)

The juice diet I just drank a mixture of greens, along with protein shakes. No solids for that 5 days.
    - 1300-1500 cals (really hard to get a good amount of cals with just juice)
    - 1000mg sodium strict
    - 3,500mg potassium

The next and final diet I switched between was the Atkins.
    - 10 carbs
    - 1600-1700 cals
    - 1500mg sodium strict

So to sum it down. 7 days calorie diet, 5 day juice diet, 7 day Atkins. I would alternate between the 3.
    I never hit one plateau because of the the constant diet change.

A day in my life now...my diets completely changed because I'm only trying to build muscle/going for my six pack.

- 2000- 2,200 cals
    - 1,500 mg sodium strict
    - 150g protein strict
    - Ab work outs - 30 mins
    - Bicep/Triceps - 30 mins
    - 5 min cool down
    - Incline treadmil (9 inch incline) 3mph for 30 minutes.

The only thing that changes is my body part workouts, the calories,protein, and sodium stay the same.

Any other questions, please, feel free to ask.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    So inspirational! Congrats! You look so happy and healthy, and what a terrific attitude, too. So glad you posted this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!