Locker Room Etiquette

Options

Replies

• tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    my gym/pool only has a communal changing area. I'm finding it pretty uncomfortable! Most of the women in there are quite happy stripping off but then they are probably about 60 pounds or more lighter than I am!

The only thing worse would be mirrors, I don't need to see myself fighting out of a wet swimming costume first thing in the morning - like a whale wrestling an octopus:embarassed:

Hahahahaha whale wrestling an octopus! Funny.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    This topic makes me laugh! I was a camp counselor for adults and teens that have disabilities and when I worked with the males they would do this all the time... but then again, some of them didn't know any better.

Also, at my one camp, we had communal showers... think one big open room with shower heads and no curtains what so ever. Imagine my shock when I first went to shower and everyone around me was naked.. and here I am in my bathing suit trying to be as modest as possible!
  • maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    Lol my little bro actually once told me about seeing an old guy blow drying his junk in the locker room. Eww....
    \

This is hilarious! I was just going to post that a male coworker has seen this happen at his gym---foot propped up on a chair for "full access" and everything. Makes me LOL!

Idk Beef, I haven't been to a gym in a long time, but as a kid I remember all the women being naked (of course the gym was at a very liberal college), and me being FREAKED OUT!!
  • slick_fox
    slick_fox Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    lol. You see the bad naked bodies of all the seniors that use the locker room at my senior center. Everything sags in the wind, tats that you can't determine the original tat, veins, veins, etc. It really make me feel good about the body I have. You just got to laugh it off.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    American really need to get over nudity!!!!

haha no doubt...it's a north american phenomena where nudity is considered disgusting...but that's how we were taught.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    In the ladies changing room you can be changing and look up to see a little boy watching you. Do men take their kids in the changing room too?
  • sonyyyyy
    sonyyyyy Posts: 33
    Options
    I wish i was open like hat.. Usually i take my stuff to the handicap bahtroom to change lol
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I have a blow out...on my junk and I love to show it off in the gym locker room
  • JDMPWR
    Options
    American really need to get over nudity!!!!

haha no doubt...it's a north american phenomena where nudity is considered disgusting...but that's how we were taught.

Exactly. Homophobes I swear...
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Lol my little bro actually once told me about seeing an old guy blow drying his junk in the locker room. Eww....
    Was he using a vented brush to style it?
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I think it's disgusting, I really don't need to see how you landscape down there. I'm very comfortable with my body, but I don't think everyone needs to see my naked body. I stopped using the locker room at my gym because of how nasty it is. Just think of how many naked people are sitting on that bench you need to sit on to change your shoes...disgusting! And to think some women bring their children in there with them...I don't think the gym is the right place to teach an 8 year old boy about a woman's anatomy.
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have a blow out...on my junk and I love to show it off in the gym locker room
    You are killing me today!!! LOL:laugh:
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was shocked at first about this but now I don't care anymore either. It does feel a little awkward sometimes in Zumba when I see somebody who I just saw nude a few minuites before.......but if they don't care then hey!
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am a CNA so I am completely used to seeing older people without clothes. However, they are in a nursing home/SNF for a reason and it has to be done/seen.

I don't mind naked bodies at all, I think people should embrace their bodies. We're taught at a young age that nudity and sexuality is bad, when in fact it isn't at all. :)
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am a CNA so I am completely used to seeing older people without clothes. However, they are in a nursing home/SNF for a reason and it has to be done/seen.

I don't mind naked bodies at all, I think people should embrace their bodies. We're taught at a young age that nudity and sexuality is bad, when in fact it isn't at all. :)
  • JDMPWR
    Options

We have a winna!!!!!
  • korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm quite self conscious and dry myself in the shower cubicle and stick a t shirt on plus some boxers.

there is a guy that goes to our gym who is about 200 pounds heavier than me.

I was once in the changing room and I sat on the bench and he was across from me getting un dressed. I bent down while sitting to do my laces, sat back up only to find his sweaty back side about half an inch from my nose!

PERSONAL SPACE DUDE!!

Don't mind nudity in the changing room but a guy flossing (not his teeth) while talking about the weather isn't pleasant!!
  • ninaws
    ninaws Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    just this morning i stopped my workout cos i needed to pee, walked into the changing rooms and an older lady is in just knickers(panties) bent over at the waist, boobage dangling everywhere...i tried to look away but it's a mirrored changing room!

I first time I went to my gym, I walked into the locker room and BAM! There was an old lady, her back to me, bent over and completely naked. It was quite a sight to see! And I don't understand the girls who dry their hair and do their makeup completely naked. Even at home, I at least put on panties first.

Granted, I'm also completely amused by the people in the locker room who go to great lengths to change without exposing themselves at all -- pulling on their shorts under their skirts and doing the under-the-shirt bra change. I mean, it's just boobs and coochies and bums. We all have them.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha... this is awesome man. I hate that stuff as well. Or like taking a leak at the urinal... I don't wanna talk to you while we're each holding peckers in hand. Ew. I remember when I was in high school and had to go to PT for my ACL reconstruction. I went to change and this old guy was in there, and he must of had elephantiasis or something... it was like, "GOOD GOD, MAN!" Of course, I had to send my buddy in so that he was subjected to the same eye-gouging experience. lol
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    Sorry how old are you people?? If YOU have a problem with naked bodies then YOU should stay away from the changing room!! What goes on in there is kinda reflected in the name don't ya think!?