5 ft and shorter success stories

Options
2»

Replies

• hazelfg
    hazelfg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    wow so nice to see so many short people such as myself ! I am 4'11" . I did at one time weigh 221 ! I have gotten down to 195... want to get to 130 to see how I feel. I am 67. This was so great to read, I feel sooooo "not alone". :) Thank you !! :)
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" [close] heaviest was >160. Currently somewhere around 150 [been afraid to weigh myself after a 3 week setback]. Goal is 140 [maybe 135]. I am almost 45 [next week].
  • christineqk
    christineqk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'1"here. Started with 150lb in April 2014. Now at 129lb and I am positive about reducing more in the coming months. I can also clearly tell that some fat has converted to muscles.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    i feel like being as short as i am i dont see any progress because i feel so compact.

I'm 5'2", and I feel the opposite—even a 5– or 10 lb. loss is hugely noticeable when you're short.

Have you seen http://www.mybodygallery.com/? You can see photos of real people at your height & any weight you choose.
  • NancMoss
    NancMoss Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I'm 5'1 at 177lbs... I feel like a donut, short and overweight. Reading all of this stories give me hope. We should all add each other for support and motivation.

Thanks for such an awesome post! ;)
  • Sydmayn
    Sydmayn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly 5'1" and was 200lbs in Feb 2015. As of this morning I'm 163lbs. I was a size 16/18 AUS (12/14US) and now I'm a size 12 (8 US). Looking to lose another 30-40lbs and gain more Muscle.
  • julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I,m 52 and 5ft. I was 150lb after having a knee replacement last year and not doing any exercise. At present I am 143lb aiming to get to 119lb and see what I think - might stop before then. I am using a fitbit and exercising to help more accurately see what movement I am doing and as of this week have logged all my food intake - losing 2.4lb in the one week and 2 inches.
    Good luck with your endeavours.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    5' 1/2", 31. I started at 133 and I'm down to 111 pounds. My original goal is 110, but I might go to 105.

I've done body weight strength training and some running. Feel free to add. :smile:
  • ossentia
    ossentia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I started at 196(ish, I waited for a few weeks before weighing in). I'm down to 162ish (I fluctuate because I love my salt :smile: ). I've been slacking a lot over the last year or so. I maintained fairly well, but I'm not even close to where I ultimately want to be. I will say that I have noticed a dramatic difference in the 30 or so pounds that I've lost. My best advice is just to keep logging. Log everything, even on days when you know you're going over your calories. The awareness helps more than anything else.
  • LStanfield3614
    LStanfield3614 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 (and a half! lol). My heaviest was 117 after having my baby and now I'm down to 111. I'm hoping to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 106 or maybe a bit less. I'm finally starting to see a difference in my body :smiley:
  • MorbidCutie575
    MorbidCutie575 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and currently 183lbs. I'd like to get somewhere between 130-140lbs. I was on here before when I weighed 182lbs and dropped down to 138lbs. I got pregnant and bam! All the weight came back lol
  • terr91payette14
    terr91payette14 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ossentia wrote: »
    I'm 5'2". I started at 196(ish, I waited for a few weeks before weighing in). I'm down to 162ish (I fluctuate because I love my salt :smile: ). I've been slacking a lot over the last year or so. I maintained fairly well, but I'm not even close to where I ultimately want to be. I will say that I have noticed a dramatic difference in the 30 or so pounds that I've lost. My best advice is just to keep logging. Log everything, even on days when you know you're going over your calories. The awareness helps more than anything else.

yeah the past few days ive been forgetting to log because i have to do it on my computer and sometimes im just busy and forget. although im not paying as much attention to calories as i am the type of calories. ive recently switched to a vegan life style and ive switched to mostly fruits and veggies most of the day so ive been eating alot of good calories and have still lost 6 lbs this month which i am very happy with lol. but i do usually end up in my calorie rang regardless.
  • terr91payette14
    terr91payette14 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and currently 183lbs. I'd like to get somewhere between 130-140lbs. I was on here before when I weighed 182lbs and dropped down to 138lbs. I got pregnant and bam! All the weight came back lol

i was losing weight before i got with my current bf over a yr ago. i was down to 160 from 180 and then idk what happened lol. i just gained back to 175 and then i got pregnant which bumped me up to 211 post postpartum and now the fight is back lol.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    4'11 here. Started in June 2014 at 145 pounds(my heaviest weight) lost 37 pounds in 12 months. Went down to 108 pounds already but gained back 8 pounds due to faling off the wagon. I'm going to start again. Hopefully I get down to 100 pounds or less. Add me up! Let's be healthy together! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!