What do you put in your coffee?

Options

Replies

• ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Butter and coconut oil. Almost bulletproof!
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options

Splenda = 0 calories
    Unsweetened vanilla Almond milk = 7 calories for 1/4cup!
  • kalislim
    kalislim Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Butter and coconut oil. Almost bulletproof!
    What's the purpose of butter and oil?
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I don't think one can be addicted to coffee as it is essential for life ,like air, water and food .
    There is no choice.... .. Is there ?
    Just to make sure before my morning ride I add a cup of strong expresso to my 3cup coffee thermos so I can survive.
    I usually add a tsp. of splenda per cup coffee of whichever strength.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened cashew milk (creamier than almond or soy) and splenda. I believe the cashew milk is about 25 calories a cup, so I probably use 5 calories' worth. At Starbucks I get coconut milk.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I drink it black and it has it's advantageous. Mostly people are more willing to get me coffee for no reason because all they have to pick up is a black coffee. Nothing special, nothing complicated.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Black weekdays
    Whip cream on weekends
  • LittleLadWantsToWin
    LittleLadWantsToWin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    drink it black
  • anewghost
    anewghost Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Black drip coffee, or 2 shots of espresso with a half tsp of dark cocoa powder and heated cashew milk, no sweetener. I hated black coffee until I started buying decent beans and a good grinder.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    whole milk and Truvia - about 40 calories in 16 oz.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I switched to black when I decided to lose weight. In rare occasions I'll add a bit of milk (1% is what we have).
  • dc1arkson
    dc1arkson Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I put in black coffee two shots of myproteins zero calorie Banana Flavdrops also the white chocolate one is nice in coffee too
  • slowrollem
    slowrollem Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was like you and always used a ton of creamer in my coffee. I've backed down to 1tbsp in a single cup now of Fat free/Sugar free vanilla creamer. It's only 15 calories but it definitely doesn't taste like real cream.

• MollyJE19
    MollyJE19 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Stevia and evaporated milk.
  • Nnaska
    Nnaska Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Black with 2 packets of sweet leaf stevia. I try to only drink coffee two times a week because I am very easily addicted and will have serious withdrawals if I miss a day (after many days of consecutive coffee drinking).
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I cold brew mine overnight and it ends up highly concentrated. About two ounces of cold brew, 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond or cashew milk and ice. Sometimes I put in a few drops of Mexican vanilla extract or cinnamon. It's about 15kcals.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup skim milk and 2 splenda packets usually.

Me too but only iced coffee!
  • felixthemaster1
    felixthemaster1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    2-3 sugars. I hate bitter things. I can't have dairy so not using creamer/milk is no problem for me. Nothing else tastes good so I don't really use almond or soy milk.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    Usually dairy milk or half and half, or unsweetened nondairy "milk" (soy, almond, coconut, rice, cashew...), depending on what's available. Even a full ounce of half and half is only 40 calories.

Sometimes black, especially if I'm drinking it iced, or if the only thing available is powdered "creamer" or a sweetened liquid creamer (can't stand sweet coffee), or vegetable oil-based creamer that leaves little pools of oil floating on top of your coffee (yuck).

Sometimes a dash of ground cinnamon.

I haven't changed since I started tracking. I just log it and make it fit.