WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2105

Options

Replies

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    v5wz5y925zce.jpg

Michel, this is the blue that I would love to do the head in, if'n I were painting it.

lvmn24qni828.jpg
    And this was just an idea, either painted on or just buy some cheap ones for fun times.

More in a few minutes.

DJ

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Oh Im in love with my phone too!! We were lucky enough to find the phone table not soon after finding the phone on e-bay. It was like 40.00 and had the attatchment on it to plug into the modern plugs. If you stand and answer the phone its a tight cord to your face....the phone (I call it a she) she makes you have to sit down... We always let it ring a couple of times, because we like it so much :-)

I think the Navy has conditioned me to be my neat self. Moving about 24 times in our marriage makes me a pro at "creating the homey enviroment" 1# so I didn't go mental, and 2# so the kids could acclimate faster. A couple of Christmas's were the Tree on a cardboard box because we moved during the down time from Christmas to New Years.

So here is my yesterdays labors.. I have the mirowave with the food scale and the measuring items handy, and the blender. The other pics are my "grazing area cabinet". The last pics are my attempt at organizing the tea area, and my pint glasses. I still have room to fix stuff and its nice to not have that shelving cabinet up on the counter!

100_3292_zpsyo8wnw16.jpg
    100_3294_zps5gfr1yye.jpg
    100_3295_zpsvbh2thz3.jpg
    100_3296_zpsxfeebn0f.jpg
    100_3297_zps42pcl83b.jpg

Enjoy the day, my tomato plants are whining for water...so I need to go visit them. I cut off two ends of some celery stalks so I am going to plant them today too... just for giggles.
    Becca (having fun with photobucket.....ooh and Im down 1.4 lbs from yesterday!!!)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes! My back is stiff and sore today but not screaming pain so u suspect it will be better after a few days. I don't have back problems per se but as I'm aging I'm having more sporadic episodes of pain when I overdo it. Yesterday's was the worst to date. Which has served as a huge kick in the *kitten* for putting weight back on. I can't afford to be down. The whole family fell apart for petes sake!

Interestingly (not) my least painful position is standing ... So I've been doing light cleaning at waist level ... Getting aot of steps in.,,

My dad and mom both had the shingles vaccine ... Guess it wasn't effective for dad .... Thanks for your suggestions and sympathy.

Lisa ... I like the quilt. Gifts with special thought are treasures.

Lillian ... Two cutie pies!

The furniture ... Again I'm going to say he should do a few consignment pieces. Really. Has Jack looked at the quality of furniture lately? It's pretty much junk! And that junk costs a fortune. We've been searching estate sales and Craigslist for items we want because the older stuff is so much better. Real wood. Quality construction. Jack has proven he can duplicate that or do even better.

It's a beautiful day here. A friend is coming over for a visit. She's into homeopathy so I'll get an earful of advice ... But I love her and every once in awhile I even agree with her!

Beth in WNY

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Dozer, welcome. Please tell us a bit more about yourself to help us get to know you. Also we ask that you sign each post with the name you want us to call you. Sorry to hear about the Diabetes, but the good news is that losing weight can often get rid of it. I have just gone off all my diabetes medicine in the past month. There are a ton of health benefits from weight loss, but then I needed to lose a lot more than you did. This is a very supportive group so come often and chat when you’d like.

Gayle, I’m glad you’ve got a leg up on things. Tee hee hee I hope you are feeling better?

Michel, I agree that your duck needs to have very colorful tail feathers, at the least. I’d probably paint the head blue and the beak yellow. I’m going to try to show a picture of one with the blue head. Well, sent the pic before I got finished with this.lol

Joyce, the tax free weekend is before all the students have to leave for college. Many of them will be going here and out of state very soon and as you know, you can’t wait until the last minute to shop. Glad you had a nice dinner.

Glowworm, I’m not sure if you are new with us but welcome. This is a great place for support. It looks like you are doing great and congrats on trying the kale. (I haven’t tried it yet. Lol) Please tell us a bit more about yourself and sign each post with the name you want us to call you. Come often and join right in.

Lisa, the quilt is beautiful!!! What a special gift.

Lillian, both the grands are precious.

Sylvia, it sounds like a great time with the in-laws. Isn’t it wonderful that you are able to do that hiking and climbing? I know I sure couldn’t have a year ago. Hope the walk today works out some of the kinks.

Lenora, when you reach a certain weight, does that medical diet put you back on normal foods? I can’t see drinking shakes and eating bars the rest of your life, so hopefully it does. What rate are you losing weight on that diet? If you cook one of their meals can you not modify it slightly or eat a bit less to keep from going over in calories? How long have you been on that diet? My doctor had a fat doctor in the office upstairs from him and wanted me to go to them a few years ago, but I didn’t because insurance won’t cover it. I think he said they start with some kind of shakes for quick weight loss in the beginning, so the patient didn’t get discouraged and stop. LOL The lipstick that I talked about is great because I have lost the definition of my lips as I got older, especially since I smoked for so many years. This goes on with a distinct outline, right where you put it on, so it gives the lips definition again. Hope you like it if you try it.

Tammy, welcome. Please tell us a bit about yourself to help us get to know you. I think pre-planning is always a good thing. The nice thing is, if I plan and log my food then change what I actually eat, I can change it on the log. If I don’t plan ahead, I have no idea how many calories I might get in a day. The thing is, it’s whatever works for you. Good luck.

Katla, glad you and DH have decided on your own adventure even though you won’t go to help the kids. I’m sure you will have a great time.

Pip, if you are going to keep trying to stir things up, you might need a bigger pot! You are too funny, just like your dogs. But where is Yogi? Didn't he get to play dress up?

Heather, I’m glad you are going to start typing your memoir. So do you have the whole thing written out in longhand? I hope you have a nice visit with your friend. A true friend doesn’t have to be entertained all the time and is happy for you to carry on with your life. My kind of visitor. smiley-laughing002.gif

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

This morning I was helping DH finally finish wiring the new outside lights. He was going to stop after the one and I said, let’s finish the other one. The weather is beautiful!!!! So I ended up doing the second one and just had him hold the fixture while I attached the wires. I’ve never actually put up a new light fixture before but seen it done and it was a snap. After the first one went up, I said, let me turn it on to make sure it’s working. Well, it wasn’t! DH looked concerned and I quickly remembered there was no light bulb in it. LOL

I wish you all a happy and healthy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Lisa gorgeous quilt.

Liillian darling

Beth agree with about the furniture. Hope back feels better soon.

DJ funny about the light bulb.

Got a great deal on a one piece swim suit at Kohl's. It was on sale and I had coupons. $8.60. I was delighted when i got one for under $30 last year. Now no excuse not to start swimming again. I swam competitively when I was growing up.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    For all of you Christian prayer warriors would you please pray for our minister's 1 year old son as he had a seizure earlier this morning. As he was being transported by ambulance to the closest hospital he became unresponsive at one point.
    I would appreciate all of your prayers. Thanks o:)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Beth in WNY - thanks so much and I will pass that on to Jack. He worries that he would have to charge too much with the materials and time invested BUT I think people are willing to pay the amount when they are getting that quality of work. :)

Janetr OKC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    hidee ho all,
    we are home left around 10 this morning, had I known we were leaving this morning I would have gone for seafood last night, instead had 2 slices of pizza...
    Oh well,Tom was going to go to Watkins Glen this weekend, but at least we are home so he can watch it..
    wish we had stayed another day.. but it was nice to just get away...
    have a dog passed out on my lap so will keep this short..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    DJ - I have about 30, 000 words scribbled in pencil. It's not ordered and certainly not beautifully written! I just jotted down whatever I remembered in any kind of order, though it has a sort of timeline. Masses of very slow editing to do. :* I am just pleased to have made a start. I am not very good with Word, so it's a bit of a struggle getting the thing into a suitable document, but I managed it for the last book so I will do it again. ;)

Heather UK
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    DJ ~ Good for you learning to do the wiring. And, that missing light bulb is too funny.

Colored my hair with John Freda's (?sp) light natural blonde this AM. Didn't change the color at all so I am disappointed as it's a light brown. Will go back to L'oreal next time.

I would love to have eye liner tattooed on my lids. I cannot see to put it on at all and like Grits said, it goes all over the place and I end up wiping if off. The only thing I would be afraid of is that it would be too thick which I wouldn't like.

Carol - Peach
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,921 Member
    Options
    @GRITSandSLUTS, about your DnL's comments....it is so strange that people who are not succeeding at something will criticize the plan of someone who is succeeding. If what you are doing is working for you, then no one should be criticizing you.

@lhannon062709 , your quilt is beautiful...thank you telling us about why you chose the design...the bride will love it

@3dtammy, when I started on MFP I logged my food for the day in the morning and then stuck to the plan no matter what.....I gained weight in part because I have difficulty telling the difference between hunger and emotions. I eat on schedule and only the food that I have planned....it worked for me....others will tell you different...you have to experiment and find out what works and they stick with your plan....I eat a lot of the same things every day.

:'( Katla, I'm sorry to hear that you won't be coming to Port Angeles soon...let me know if you decide to come up later so we can meet.

2157045gp85zev8ri.gif Jake has been gone for over two hours so I had plenty of time to do my weight training using some of Mary's stronglifts 5X5 ideas....it was a much better workout than my old one....also did some chores and watched some TV that I like.

<3 Barbie

• janetr7476
    Options
    Carol - Peach - I had the same concern, I have never worn, nor do I like, lots of thick black eye liner. In fact the gal who did it asked how I got it on so thin and made it look so natural. At any rate, they will do it EXACTLY as you like it. Thin, thick, black, dark brown whatever. I love love it. :) Most people never knew I had done because it just looked like the makeup I normally applied. Truly, the eyeliner was a lot easier than the brows. The eyeliner did not hurt at all. That being said, every one is different.

Janetr OKC
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Lisa gorgeous quilt.

Liillian darling

Beth agree with about the furniture. Hope back feels better soon.

DJ funny about the light bulb.

Got a great deal on a one piece swim suit at Kohl's. It was on sale and I had coupons. $8.60. I was delighted when i got one for under $30 last year. Now no excuse not to start swimming again. I swam competitively when I was growing up.

:heart: MNMargaret

Me too!!! Gayle Minneapolis
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Some of u have been chatting for sometime, can u share how long??? Gayle Minneapolis
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Gayle in Minn~ I got you beat with swimsuit, a few years ago it was early fall and stopped at walmart ,picked up this cute one piece black suit for 7.00 when it rang up it was 3.00 ;)
    I think I have been on here a couple of years, cant really remember..
    love all these ladies <3
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday. I had a very nice evening, didn't make church, DS and family came over and we set outside and just talked. DH worked in the yard yesterday and is looking nice. We went to ACE and got a large grasshopper and put in the rock garden. So feeling good this morning. I am working today 6-4:30 and not with the boss so going to be a good day.

janetr--Your DH is very talented. Love the cabnit. I agree that he could sell them with no problem.

Becca--I love your house phone. I remember my grandmother having one and being on an party line. I like the idea of the leaves on the table and the meaning. Please share a picture when you are done. Wise words!

Beth--sending prayers and healing thoughts. Hope you are feeling better today.

katiebug--Sounds like you have been busy getting the house ready for DS. Think of the calories you have been burning.

Lisa--Love the quilt. So pretty.

Lillian--What a speical picture. You are so Blessed.

Sylvia--Sounds like your trip is going well and having a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.

Rebamae--Sending prayers and hugs. Hope they figured it out and is doing better.
    It sure has been a slow and quite day here at work. So getting caught up on alot of little things. DH came for lunch and told me DS and family are coming over about the time I get off work. They live in an apartment and wanted to have a garden so they put one in our back yard. Things are starting to get ripe so they are coming over to pick. Hope they do not stay long as would like to get to bed early since I work tomorrow and I call my mom on Sunday evenings. Well ladies take care.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • janetr7476
    edited August 2015
    Options
    17761776 wrote: »
    Some of u have been chatting for sometime, can u share how long??? Gayle Minneapolis

I have only been on here since the first week in June. :) But I love it and am very glad I found this beautiful group of ladies.

Janetr OKC
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi to all my dear friends. This last week has about put me over the edge both at work and home. DD#1's bF and family supposedly are threatening to take the baby away from her and hide her away somewhere so that DD cant' find or see her. Well of course that's illegal but she is so high strung and can't follow directions and won't do anything to take control of her life, so I was stuck in the middle to the point I finally had to say "stop texting me I can't help you". She's is having a meltdown, refusing to talk to DH since he laid down the law a couple of months ago about her behavior. I sent her phone numbers for free counseling for the 100th time and a number to the legal aid society for free legal advise, but she won't contact them.

Of course she can't actually drive anywhere because she gets lost, and the bf uses her car to go to work. She can't figure out if she takes him to work and picks him up then she gets the car all day long. I tried that logic for hours when we were discussing DH's birthday a couple of weeks ago. She simply doesn't get how that would work since the bf has her car. Round and round we go.

She wanted to leave and tried to get the family to agree to a verbal custody agreement but they won't. I tried to explain this is something you have to have a lawyer do, you can't do this yourself, but she doesn't agree. But they won't allow her any custody ( according to her) if she leaves, so now she's stuck and doesn't know what to do no matter what I tell her.

OK enough of that. I'm sorry I have not been here to support you; I just had to take some time away from everything possible to keep from going crazy. Hopefully next week will be better. I am on track to have 6 hours of exercise in this week!

Take care, Meg from unbelievably humid OMaha
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    spin- 45min, 84ar, 93aw, 9-15g, 11.9mi = 414c
    walk treadmill- 5min, 3.5sp, 18.11ap, .28mi = 55c
    total cal 469
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    when my profile pic of the kids was taken, yogi wasn't born yet. guess i'll have to do another.