SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- AUGUST 2015 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    drabbits2 wrote: »
    Say something helpful---not doing well with this at all. I need to reboot my commitment to not eating past 8pm. The only good news is I did switch up what I am snacking on--Whole Foods makes these fruit and veggie popsicles that are 70 calories (maybe 90??--but not terrible), so I have been having one of those instead of a bunch of cookies. So that is a small improvement, but it's not enough. Say helpful things...

My advice is to just pick a time & do it. Maybe start at 9pm.

This is not easy. Hell, the entire neighborhood was outside last night drinking beer and snacks. I just set my mind that there is no eating after 6pm. Losing this weight is my top priority. Eating late night can blow a good day for me. I just do it!

One day at a time. It seems to be working so far.
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Aug 7

Me: 5*
    LNS: 2
  • JuliaJuliaBoBulia
    JuliaJuliaBoBulia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me:4
    LNS: 0!

When I'm done with dinner, I brush my teeth and use some strong mouthwash and then I don't get the urge to snack because mouthwash and chocolate don't go well together!
  • Mariang165
    Options
    Say something helpful---not doing well with this at all. I need to reboot my commitment to not eating past 8pm. The only good news is I did switch up what I am snacking on--Whole Foods makes these fruit and veggie popsicles that are 70 calories (maybe 90??--but not terrible), so I have been having one of those instead of a bunch of cookies. So that is a small improvement, but it's not enough. Say helpful things...

Welcome, I think you have just joined our challenge? Yes? This is my 2nd month so firstly,

You are doing great, if you are anything like me, you want to start our perfect, and if you are not, then you stop and maybe even give up! Here is why I think you are doing great; you joined this challenge, you have already made a change; switched the bunch of cookies for lower calorie foods and are asking for help - bonus and well done.

My first month challenge was to be honest, and report EVERY day, that was my success. While I was so pleased with the many successes of our other 'Pals', I didn't compare myself with them - I compared myself to my 'before self'. So every night was LNS for me, but in July I reduced my monthly total and now in August I have a new goal to shoot for!

Some thoughts:
    Drink water
    Brush your teeth
    Walk around the house, walk one flight of stairs (if you have some)
    If you LNS, eat less or better choices ( you are already doing this, well done!)
    Come on line and make yourself read every post on this thread, and as the month goes on, it takes you even more time, and then go to bed, if you can.
    As per some of the earlier suggestions, weigh yourself!
    Your biggest success this month, will be to stay with us, report in, be patient and perhaps see your first month as your awareness month for setting next month's goals!

Good Luck, looking forward to following your daily updates! Cheers, Marian
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Me: 6 LNS: 1
    Streak: 6
    Last night was tough. LNS habit was really calling my name! I resorted to a glass of crushed ice (w/diet peach-tea drink). VICTORY!
  • old_me
    old_me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Me: 3.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,120 Member
    Options
    Me: 3* :) LNS: 1 This is my first real attempt to get to grips with the midnight munchies.
  • anamibell
    anamibell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A little late on the train here ...
    Been snacking for the past week, so hoping this challenge can turn me back around !
    Me:2
    Lns:6
  • Megan__Marie
    Megan__Marie Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post the past few days, but I have been keeping track ...
    Me: 6
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Me 3
    LNS 5
    Woot woot
    3 day streak.

• raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I was so hungry last night around midnight but because of this challenge, I did not get up and go into the kitchen. Thank you!

Me: 3
    LNS: 0

• CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Slept very little last night which made it very difficult.

Me: 8

Everybody is doing great!
  • Mariang165
    Options
    Aug 8

Me: 6*
  • 50andfabu
    50andfabu Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It's Aug 9, but can I join now?
    No eating after dinner. Starting today.
  • Mariang165
    Options
    raindogmaa wrote: »
    I was so hungry last night around midnight but because of this challenge, I did not get up and go into the kitchen. Thank you!

care180 wrote: »
    Slept very little last night which made it very difficult.

Me: 8

Everybody is doing great!

Congrats to you both, I know how hard it is, well done!
  • mary_s__davis
    mary_s__davis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    Wow...August already!!??

Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
    Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
    LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
    Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
    if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!
    I will join in these suggestions. I will not snack after 8:30 pm and will accurately measure anything I eat or drink.
    Molly3
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    For all of you Christian prayer warriors out there would you please pray for our minister's 1 year old son as he had a seizure earlier this morning. As he was being transported by ambulance to the closest hospital he became unresponsive at one point.
    I would appreciate all of your prayers. Thanks o:)
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I am hoping you each have a Sensational Sunday!! B)

Well, I blew it last night :s
    I was hungry so instead of eating the planned food I pulled the zucchini bread out of the freezer and ate 3, yes 3 big slices. Sure was good but not worth the consequences!! >:)
    It was a gift from a neighbor so I did not through it out as hubby has really enjoyed it.

Mariang165 You did it , gal!! Great job!

@TerriRichardson112 It is so good to see you here also!!
    raindogmaa wrote: »
    I really really wanted to snack last night... so I went into the bathroom and stepped on the scale. THAT deterred me from any late night snacking shenanigans!
    What a great idea! My scale is upstairs so maybe that would work for me - not only to weigh but on a different level than the kitchen
    WalkerPop wrote: »
    Last night was tough. LNS habit was really calling my name! I resorted to a glass of crushed ice (w/diet peach-tea drink). VICTORY!
    Good for you!!

Challenge Goal = 25/31
    ME = 6*
    LNS = 2*

Streak Goal = 10
    Streak = 0
  • KateM1966
    KateM1966 Posts: 8 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    KateM1966 wrote: »
    Me: 3*
    LNS: 6*
    YIKES!! Nearly at my limit of 10 LNS.
  • judithgreene2014
    judithgreene2014 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Welcome to LNS! You have gotten some fantastic advice from the group. My add on would be: I drink sparkling fruit favored no calorie water at nite, I don't purchase anything that is going to temp me later at nite to eat and I go to the gym 2-3 times during week, so a shower and to bed and ready for work the next day. Keep busy!

Don't compare to us, I have been doing this since April. You have to build up your LNS muscles! If you fall off the wagon, brush off and get back on. GB! o:)