From Fluffy mom at 35 to IFBB Physique Pro at 38. --w/ PICS :)

Options
_bellator_
_bellator_ Posts: 50 Member

Hey guys, I'm Darla. ;) Some of you may remember me from MFP days gone by...I started logging with MFP in 2012, (after having 2 babies back to back and being out of the gym for over 3 years) ...and have used this app almost every day since.

Last year, I qualified to compete nationally in Women's Physique...so I took a huge leap out of my comfort zone, and flew from Texas to New Jersey to compete in this year's NPC Universe, where I earned my IFBB Pro Card. (Some of you may have no idea what that means, but some of you will. :)

It took me about 4 years to transform my body. I haven't missed a single workout since I started back lifting...if I miss a workout, I make it up the next day, period. I'm 38 years young now, and I have never felt better, not even as a teenager...never. Weight training and competing is my way of life now, and I can't imagine any other way.

This journey has taught me many things over these years, but the things that I'm really grateful for are:

1. This isn't a diet, it's your LIFE. You are only accountable to yourself.
2. Less is not always better. Under-eating is just as destructive as over-eating.
3. Success comes from consistency, intensity, and time...not perfection.

But the MOST enduring things I learned are these 2 quotes, and I learned them well...

~~"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
--Earl Nightingale

and

~~"Your biggest challenge isn't someone else; it's the ache in your lungs, the burning in your legs, & the voice inside you that yells, "I can't!" But you don't listen, you push harder. You hear the voice whisper "I Can"...and you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are." --unknown

I'll let my pictures tell the rest of my story.

This was where I started, in Jan 2012.

k91ele25ebav.jpg

And this is my total transformation, which took almost 4 years...

ztlhj5xwc7xd.jpg

Some contest shots...

hpra8578642m.jpg

gykqt4j7pep1.jpg

c93wjfqd8zeh.jpg

ibcyy77o0xe0.jpg

0jilqwu642fp.jpg

qnulo81xpbtt.jpg

vv129ukymebv.jpg

nclvt2rr76w7.jpg

6u6o3znloo5j.jpg

And a couple of me and my guy, just for fun...

ag2ew3onylow.jpg

iubilt1p2dn4.jpg

Replies

• DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!
  • lilypippili
    lilypippili Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is mind blowing, great job!!
  • WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi Darla - thanks for posting! Your photos are fantastic (huge understatement here!!!) and show how hard you've worked and the success that you've achieved (and for that, a hale and hearty Congratulations!), but taken together with your words...the things that you've learned and the quotes that helped keep you moving forward...you've kept it real and that's the best inspiration i can think of. Again, thanks so much, and warm wishes for continued success.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! You should be very proud of yourself.
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just wow!all
    Yoir hard work
    And dedication has paid off.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    great job.
  • _bellator_
    _bellator_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. :) it's been a fun journey. Never thought I'd get this far, but I guess you never know until you try.
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have done an amazing job. Your pictures are inspiring. I am going to continue my weight lifting. You ROCK!
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    CRAZY!!!!! Good for you!
  • venicebeachbabe
    venicebeachbabe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do you have a fitness instagram? I'd love to watch your journey especially if you're going to be doing ifbb shows! Thanks for the motivation. I use to lift and play with the idea of competing then life took a turn for the worst. I lost all my muscle mass and gained plenty of fat. After mentally pushing myself to fix my life I got back on track in late June. My muscles are coming back and my fat is coming off but I have to remember it takes time! Your post is so encouraging!
  • vlovell24
    vlovell24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Omg, you look amazing.
  • StephaniHepburn
    StephaniHepburn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look AMAZING! It's just shows what can be achieved with dedication and determination :) You are an ambassador for all women with the goal of being superfit, healthy, and beautiful! Xxx
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you look phenomenal!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. Your pictures are amazing. Very well done! :smile:
  • Fiona031072
    Fiona031072 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are everything that sheer willpower and determination stand for. I think this is probably my favourite success story on here so far. I don't know you, but even I'm proud of you. You are both gorgeous and brilliant. Good for you girl. Xxx
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Congradulations.
    So what did you have to do, to make that change.
  • jcmeast0305
    jcmeast0305 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ~~"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
    --Earl Nightingale

Love this quote. Thank you for it. Great job and congratulations.
  • lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! I too, am on my journey to the stage. Working toward my very first competition in Bikini in October. It's the hardest thing I've ever done (as you know).
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! I don't want to compete in any competition, but something close to this is what I'm aiming for. Your legs...wow!!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow. Your point about under eating being as harmful as over eating really spoke to me. I'm working hard to not get skinny, but to get strong but I have a tendency to shy away from the calories, even if they are good for me. Thank you for reassuring me to not be scared of the good calories!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!