what do you eat for breakfast

Options
Losingforelliot
Losingforelliot Posts: 2 Member
I need breakfast ideas. I don't have lots of time so it either has to be something that i can heat up at work or eat in the car on way to work. Eating at home before work doesn't usually pan out. I'm not a shake kind of person either.

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I just saw a recipe for oatmeal pancakes that can be made in advance - I have to go find it again - I wanted to copy it for me but was on my phone this morning.... will have a look and post if I find it. From memory was quick easy and yummy
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I eat a quest bar on the train. Every day for over a year.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    ok - found it:

3-4 tbs raw porridge oats
    1 tub greek yoghurt
    Mash in banana
    Cinnamon

Leave overnight

Crack in 2 eggs & stir

Cook

Eat.

Can add other stuff in there like blueberries etc. i think that you don't need to keep it overnight and cook it in the morning - maybe just leave for a couple of hours should still work? I don't know - haven't tried it yet!!!

• NikkiMichelleS
    NikkiMichelleS Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Some of my easiest go to breakfasts are make ahead.
    Greek yogurt with granola or fruit ((buy a large container of one you like, portion in small Tupperware containers you can take to work))

Chia puddings ((Google it, lots of great recipes, gets a lot of nutrition in it! Make ahead night before))

Hard boiled eggs (make several ahead to eat through out the week)

Soaked chia seeds (1-2tablespoon in water, leave overnight; they are high in fiber & fill you up for awhile)-- pair with fruit or protein

Other quick n easy to go:
    Bagel with lox n cream cheese (a favorite!)
    Vanilla almond milk
    Avocado toast with sprouts
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of egg muffins every Sunday night to last me to Saturday morning. I just use a mix of veggies (currently doing leek and carrot to recreate an old favourite quiche recipe) plus egg whites and whole eggs. The ratio is up to you. My latest batch was 2 whole eggs with 250grams of egg whites for 12 muffins. You can also add in cheese or meat, basically whatever you would put in an omelette or frittata. Mine usually work out to around 50 calories per muffin and I eat two, along with some fresh berries and yoghurt/cottage cheese. If you're just going to have the muffins on their own, I'd probably make a double batch and eat 3 or 4. I just heat them up for a minute and a half in the microwave and I haven't had any problems with them last all week in the fridge.
  • ashika74
    ashika74 Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    *Fruit bagel (blueberry or cinnamon bagel)
    *30g ricotta cheese
    *50g banana or 30g frozen berries or 50g strawberries

I toast this in my sandwich maker..until crisp
    Sooooooo good
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a cup of plain Greek yogurt with high protein chocolate granola
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    toast with egg and cheese and sometimes a piece of meat

and coffee. lots of coffee
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I usually have yogurt with Kind Maple Quinoa Clusters sprinkled in and a banana.

Quick and easy :)
  • allanthfc
    allanthfc Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Serving of oats in a tub. Add water. Stirr and devour. Add raisins if sweetness is needed.

Actually quite palatable if you get used to it.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is greek yogurt with berries and cinnamon or berries and granola. I like plain Fage greek yogurt. I do the 0% one and sometimes the 2% one. For the berries, I do blackberries, raspberries, blueberries or a mix of the three. I love that breakfast combo so much that when I'm falling asleep the night before, I'm excited to wake up in the morning and eat it. For any of my fellow grain-free folks, Larabar Renola is an awesome granola substitute. When I did eat grains I liked to eat Nature's Path and Bear Naked granola, but any one you like would do.
  • monilovesmocha
    monilovesmocha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, there! I know how crazy the morning can be! I make 5 batches of overnight oats on Sunday evenings and then put them in the fridge so I have breakfast for the week. I either heat them up in the morning or eat them cold (both work, depending on what you like) and they are easy to eat in the car.

There are TONS of recipes out there, but I first started with one from Skinny Taste and then modified it to my liking. Here is my recipe:

1/2 cup Quaker Oats
    1/2 cup sweetened vanilla almond milk (you can add more in the morning, if you like it more runny than solid)
    1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
    1 scoop vanilla-flavored brown rice protein powder
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/4 medium banana, sliced
    1/8 tsp cinnamon

Stir together all ingredients except the banana. Place in mason jar and seal, then refrigerate at least 8 hours. In the morning, slice 1/4 of the banana and place on top.

Calories (per MyFitnessPal with above ingredients): 334

I've made other variations, too, where I've thrown in almonds or other nuts, added agave nectar or pure maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg, or different kinds of berries or fruit. Have fun with your favorite flavors!
  • becki1815
    becki1815 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Vitamuffins, awesome flavors, $100 calories. I pair that with fruit, usually blueberries, that I eat in the car.
  • Candidalagasse
    Candidalagasse Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lol a bowl of raisin bran. Mmmmm
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Cup of coffee and a bowl of (oats, milk, fruit, nuts, protein powder). :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    becki1815 wrote: »
    Vitamuffins, awesome flavors, $100 calories. I pair that with fruit, usually blueberries, that I eat in the car.

I like those! I had to stop eating them because in combination with the fiber in my Quest bars and everything else I eat it was just too much.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Today was omelette with laughing cow jalapeno and a habanero cheese stick and toast
  • cyberpunkme
    cyberpunkme Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    a kind bar and a cup of milk.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I bring breakfast to work. I have the following in heavy rotation:

-Greek yogurt w blue or strawberries (depending on lunch it might also have Designer Whey Unflavored protein powder mixed in)
    -Cottage cheese with a cut up peach or pear (fresh please!) (sometimes an apple)
    -But I usually pair that apple with PB Greek yogurt dip (2 oz yogurt & 32 g peanut butter, stir til blended/smooth)
    -English muffin with PB&J (sometimes I only bring half an English muffin and pair it with an orange or half a grapefruit)

(I usually bring the last two if I have a lower cal lunch like salad or soup... darn you peanut butter.)
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    i eat instant oatmeal every day