Options
1235»

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    I have a birthday this week. I too am skipping the cake and going for a banana split. I think it is healthy...got a banana...strawberries...pineapple...and even a cherry. Those are healthy are they not? I also heard somewhere...chocolate can help you lose weight. :)

Hmm banana splits in my time were a banana, 3 scoops of ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce, that was it...

I will leave you with this...

6aauqz7es2v3.png

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Get a massive Piñata and get everyone to beat the crap out of it.

Just don't one in the shape of a Disney Princess. Then it starts looking a bit like the Police should be involved...
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

I'm embarassed to say after all the responses, but I actually thought the watermelon cake looked delish, and I dont like regular cake :/
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    OP, are you someone who needs dessert? Maybe choose to indulge in a favorite savory dish instead.

Otherwise, I'm with the 'get only enough cake for a single serving' crowd, whether that means bringing it home or eating it out.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have a birthday this week. I too am skipping the cake and going for a banana split. I think it is healthy...got a banana...strawberries...pineapple...and even a cherry. Those are healthy are they not? I also heard somewhere...chocolate can help you lose weight. :)

Hmm banana splits in my time were a banana, 3 scoops of ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce, that was it...

I will leave you with this...

6aauqz7es2v3.png

Ok I'm used to these

th?id=JN.dPIgdwEiItgcGjucXVtcXw&pid=15.1&P=0

Is that lemon sauce on yours? That would turn me off.. lol.

And now I want a banana split.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    No the yellow is the pineapple.

I think though that after seeing your picture I might just buy the stuff and make one from home...that strawberry ice cream looks really good!

If I make it at home...I could put some cookie dough ice cream on there and some butterscotch or caramel sauce.

Okay...my banana split went from about 500 calories to a 1000+... :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I think though that after seeing your picture I might just buy the stuff and make one from home...that strawberry ice cream looks really good!

If I make it at home...I could put some cookie dough ice cream on there and some butterscotch or caramel sauce.

:D

I guess there's a different culture about banana splits, lol. I'd make one but I have pretty much none of the ingredients except whipped cream, fudge sauce, and vanilla ice cream.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday at the weekend and i'll be having some cake. Went for a meal on Saturday just gone and had an early birthday cake then too. It's a one (or twice on this occasion) off and no doubt whatever cake i get on Sunday will be shared with the rest of the party too.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    HMcCan1 wrote: »
    23sevoo3rmtd.jpg
    I saw this on pinterest and made it for a friend for her birthday. She loved it!

That cake is a lie.

OP, This is my plan for my birthday in a couple of weeks: Go out with friends, have a piece of cake, enjoy the company, come home where there is no cake. It's one day, enjoy it.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

:D

I guess there's a different culture about banana splits, lol. I'd make one but I have pretty much none of the ingredients except whipped cream, fudge sauce, and vanilla ice cream.

no peanuts?
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    My vote is to get the most amazing slice of cake you can find... The cake slice of your dreams! Enjoy every last bite. Forget the alternatives--you'll only obsess over what you really wanted and then you'll have wasted calories on something substandard. A few hundred extra calories would have bought you the best.

Buy one piece or make a cake, slice it into 12, and invite your friends and neighbors to have it with you. No cake left over for later, and you stay on track.

Happy birthday!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I just made a chocolate zucchini cake lightened up a little and it was 221 cal for a piece, just about anyone can fit that into their calories for the day. I just did. With chocolate chips and walnuts on top (no icing on this type of cake)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,123 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My husband's birthday was this past weekend. We went out to dinner, and for dessert each had a dark chocolate fondant ... something like this ...

Ital-0512-recipes-choc-fondant-630.jpg

Probably in the neighbourhood of 600 cal, but that's OK. I had exercised for it. :) And let me tell you ... it was delicious!!!!