What single food is the most nutritionally perfect?

Options

Replies

• Pop_claire
    Pop_claire Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Chai seeds are pretty good
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    Another vote for milk.

Milk is another good one.

So far we're at milk and fresh meat (not including pre-macroed, prepared foods).

mr knight, I seem to remember you have some experience with people on the autism spectrum?

I have met a few adults (and of course my own child) who has a diet comprised of bread products and dairy products... with the addition of a glass of vitamin C rich juice, I reckon you could live on that simple diet forever.

Anyways, some sort of dairy product/grain/vitamin C source combo. Pizza is really looking like the winner here.

Pizza seems to be huge in the autism community. I mean, it's pretty popular everywhere, but seems especially so with the ASD crowd.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Potatoes. Easily.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    rockmama72 wrote: »
    Pizza has all the macros.

^In all seriousness, this is my vote. A good ratio of macros. Endless variety of toppings. Meat, cheese, veggies, fruits, bread. Lots of possibilities for the micronutrients. Customizable for a variety of dietary needs.

Unless we're talking single-ingredient foods only, and then I have no idea. I'd be all kinds of dead if I had to choose one food to live on forever.

• coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

^In all seriousness, this is my vote. A good ratio of macros. Endless variety of toppings. Meat, cheese, veggies, fruits, bread. Lots of possibilities for the micronutrients. Customizable for a variety of dietary needs.

Unless we're talking single-ingredient foods only, and then I have no idea. I'd be all kinds of dead if I had to choose one food to live on forever.

Single food typically means single ingredient. If not, then soup, stew or casserole would easily be as nutrionally balanced as pizza. Though since all are cooking methods rather than a food with defined ingredients it's kind of cheating to say any of them.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Bacon. Better yet, bacon on pizza.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Is this a joke? It's not a single food, like the OP said, but even if we were making food combinations...

Do you really believe that pizza with bacon on it is the healthiest thing to eat or are you making some kind of joke?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Single food typically means single ingredient. If not, then soup, stew or casserole would easily be as nutrionally balanced as pizza. Though since all are cooking methods rather than a food with defined ingredients it's kind of cheating to say any of them.

Yes, but chocolate milk, breaded chicken wings, and kale omelets were all mentioned without being called out (as you're doing to me now). So why call people out now after the thread has drifted?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Yes, but chocolate milk, breaded chicken wings, and kale omelets were all mentioned without being called out (as you're doing to me now). So why call people out now after the thread has drifted?

Called out? Your post was the one that mentioned the difference, so I replied. It wasn't any type of attack or reprimand. Though I can't see why you would take it as such, I apologize if that's how it came across. Offense was not my intent.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Potato...
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

I didnt think of soup! However, it would have to have some fat in it, and most of the soups I make are damn near fat free. Casseroles are a good idea too.

Basically the dishes with a variety of ingredients in them are the best option in this thought experiment
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

I didnt think of soup! However, it would have to have some fat in it, and most of the soups I make are damn near fat free. Casseroles are a good idea too.

Basically the dishes with a variety of ingredients in them are the best option in this thought experiment

Except I doubt that is what is meant by "single food".
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Breast milk. You're living off it for quite a while.
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    Hmmm single food. quest bar?
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options

That is not a single food.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Guinness
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options

That is not a single food.

Whoops. I suck at this game. So any food that is comprised of several ingredients would be disqualified?

Then I say....Soybeans.
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    bacon
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Speaking of combining foods, and that eggs and milk seem to be top contenders in this thread, I am reminded of Marilyn Monroe's breakfast:

"Breakfast. I've been told that my eating habits are absolutely bizarre, but I don't think so. Before I take my morning shower, I start warming a cup of milk on the hot plate I keep in my hotel room. When it's hot, I break two raw eggs into the milk, whip them up with a fork, and drink them while I'm dressing. I supplement this with a multi-vitamin pill, and I doubt if any doctor could recommend a more nourishing breakfast for a working girl in a hurry."

So, raw eggs whipped in a cup of milk, and she still felt the need to supplement with a multi-vitamin. Unless that's code for something else she was popping.

• Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Teff?