Mean Girls

Options
124»

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Wait...so if the point of the article is her attitude change about walking away from mean people and being over it, why are you airing your grievance about your encounter in a public forum?

I know I missed the gif show, but seriously, I don't understand this post.

yeah, she seems to be having a problem with 'irony'.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    I feel really bad for you, to be honest.

And that's ok.

You've made your assumptions and you are comfortable with them.

I could tell you things, to refute your assumptions, but would you hear them?

I laugh, I make light-hearted jokes because I am on the end where I know what occurred.

I can tell you personal details about my life - the good and the bad, the sufferings and the joys. I could tell you of my accomplishments, of the bright spots of glory. I could tell you of the sacrifices I've made for others, and the ones others have made for me. I can tell you what I've endured to stand up for what I believe in. I can tell you of the glorious heights and the dark valleys. But what would be the point?

tumblr_lznmlmJ6xQ1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Oh my gosh, even your comebacks are lame. If I were you, responding to the irony of my ironic post about you assuming I was assuming (see what you did there?). I'd go with:

0os4n61cb0yz.jpg

I'm not mad at ya girl!

Have a great day and play nice :)

You're doing a great job of being the person your god wants you to be! Keep on keepin' on!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Wait...so if the point of the article is her attitude change about walking away from mean people and being over it, why are you airing your grievance about your encounter in a public forum?

Did I air my grievance? What did she do to me? I don't have a grievance with her.

The article was about the benefits of aging - one of them being having an attitude that is resilient - not just to mean people, but about many things, including one's own thoughts about oneself, relationship issues, friendship and more.

I just noticed that quote about mean girls in the article, and realized I'd recently had an experience like this, where I was content, self-accepting, and another person came out of nowhere to try to attack that self-acceptance. I was like, "oh, I know what she's talking about, that happened to me. What do you do when it happens to you?"

What then happened was I got attacked for calling her mean.

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

yeah, she seems to be having a problem with 'irony'.

Mondays are confusing.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options

Did I air my grievance? What did she do to me? I don't have a grievance with her.

The article was about the benefits of aging - one of them being having an attitude that is resilient - not just to mean people, but about many things, including one's own thoughts about oneself, relationship issues, friendship and more.

I just noticed that quote about mean girls in the article, and realized I'd recently had an experience like this, where I was content, self-accepting, and another person came out of nowhere to try to attack that self-acceptance. I was like, "oh, I know what she's talking about, that happened to me. What do you do when it happens to you?"

I read it. And you're bringing up the event and labeling another woman. Isn't that airing a grievance?
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I feel really bad for you, to be honest.

And that's ok.

You've made your assumptions and you are comfortable with them.

I could tell you things, to refute your assumptions, but would you hear them?

I laugh, I make light-hearted jokes because I am on the end where I know what occurred.

I can tell you personal details about my life - the good and the bad, the sufferings and the joys. I could tell you of my accomplishments, of the bright spots of glory. I could tell you of the sacrifices I've made for others, and the ones others have made for me. I can tell you what I've endured to stand up for what I believe in. I can tell you of the glorious heights and the dark valleys. But what would be the point?

tumblr_lznmlmJ6xQ1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Oh my gosh, even your comebacks are lame. If I were you, responding to the irony of my ironic post about you assuming I was assuming (see what you did there?). I'd go with:

0os4n61cb0yz.jpg

I'm not mad at ya girl!

Have a great day and play nice :)

You're doing a great job of being the person your god wants you to be! Keep on keepin' on!

You are so much today.

God is my refuge and strength. He is perfect, I am not.

I decided to be cute and change the tone, even made a self-deprecating joke, but no, you had to keep digging at me.

I'm done responding to you.

• kk_inprogress
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »

I read it. And you're bringing up the event and labeling another woman. Isn't that airing a grievance?

Mean girls like @kkenseth can only be dealt with in one manner. Tie them up and spank 'em.

Thanks for the input, Cupcake.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Mean girls like @kkenseth can only be dealt with in one manner. Tie them up and spank 'em.

The "input" comes after the spanking. Literally.

This is not what Jesus would do.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options

I spit my water ALL over my computer. Thanks a lot.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options

A squirter. Thanks for the heads up.

I set myself up for that one. oops.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options

Check your in box. I sent you something ; )

You should quote that on the "how to get women" thread. Creepy messages like ^ that are my favorite.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options

Check your in box. I sent you something ; )

You should quote that on the "how to get women" thread. Creepy messages like ^ that are my favorite.

Quit being mean and accept my internet romancing.

Take your cranky pants to the gym and stop derailing this thread.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

Well... http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06/19/spanking-for-jesus-inside-the-unholy-world-of-christian-domestic-discipline.html
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

Well... http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06/19/spanking-for-jesus-inside-the-unholy-world-of-christian-domestic-discipline.html

Welp. I stand corrected. Now I want to join those forums and read the awkward. Thanks, Seneca.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »

Welp. I stand corrected. Now I want to join those forums and read the awkward. Thanks, Seneca.

Just when you thought you'd seen everything...
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    One moment doesn't define who she is. Quit judging.

Fair enough. How about, I met a woman who was unneccesarily mean to me at one moment in her life, not judging at all, what say you?

Better?

I think if you truly have good self esteem, you wouldn't have needed to make this thread about it. Maybe look inward? I'm a super nice, very chill individual... but I misread a situation the other day and greatly embarrassed myself with my own bad attitude. These things happen.

ETA: I think you're doing us all a disservice by introducing an anecdote as part of the discussion and then pulling back completely when we're curious about it. It reminds me of those cryptic, attention whoring FB posts like "WORST DAY EVER. Don't even wanna talk about it"

Whats the harm in letting us in on what really happened?