What did you accomplish in the month of May?

Options
What goals did you meet (weight/fitness/health)? What were your best NSV's? What are your goals for June?

Rules for this thread:
Please only post positive things. No whining about unmet goals, however; you may mention them as goals for next month. :)

I'm having a rough week, and I'd just really like to see a long list of positive things here. i hope those who are too shy to start their own success topic, will at least reply here. And those who already posted their success stories may repost here as well!

Replies

• karikariboberry
    karikariboberry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I ran for 1 hour straight, and I've never done that before, I love running!
    Also, I threw out all my clothes from last summer as they do not fit me :)
    yay!
    a positive thread haha
  • bella_baby
    bella_baby Posts: 22
    Options
    I lost 13 pounds and began the C25k program!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant!!!!!!! Was on b/c for 12years, went off, never got a period, and bam. It must've happened when I first started ovulating.....so happy!!!!!
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    I started my new lifestyle on May 10 and since then, I've lost 7lbs! Two out of the three weeks I did next to no exercise because I injured my ankle exercising but I still managed to be under my calorie goal 99% of the time. :) Yay me!

For June, I'm trying to start off slowly so I don't injure myself again! My goal is to walk 60 miles this month and start incorporating some strength training. :)
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP and began the journey to a healthier & happier me! I also lost 5 pounds in May. :bigsmile:
  • lexrobin2
    lexrobin2 Posts: 33
    Options
    started mfp may 1st and I lost 9 pounds. the goal was 10, but i am very happy with the 9. 12 more pounds gets me to my goal of 150 by my birthday June 27. its a lot, but i know i can dig deep and do it. i have learned a lot this month and after reviewing my progress charts and going over my mistakes, i know where to focus to get this done in the month of June.
  • marlabelle
    marlabelle Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    In May I hit the 100 lbs. lost milestone & I bought (and can wear) a size 14 jean for the first time in 14 years!! This month I am shooting for onederland!!

- I'm one of those who haven't posted a success story. :)
  • lexrobin2
    lexrobin2 Posts: 33
    Options
    congrats! being a mommy is the most rewarding and important job of your life. and keeping healthy during pregnancy is the best start you can give to your baby. losing baby weight will be easier and the next challenge! God Bless you and the Little One!!!!!
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 11 lbs in June!:) In May after going through a major personal life shift, instead of turning to food to medicate, I made a lifestyle change and have stuck to it for 4 + weeks! I'm so thankful for my faith and the support or my family and friends. I know I'm just starting out but I'm looking forward to seeing even more positive changes in the future!

Happy healthy livin for all of you in June!

God bless
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Here was my May 2011:
    May 1st - Ran my first marathon
    May 2nd - Starting using MFP to keep track of my food and exercise
    May 30th - weighed in under 200 lbs (5.2 lbs lost since May 2nd!)

And for June 2011:
    Get down to 195 by May 20th
    Get a new PR in the 10k I am running on father's day
    Keep using MFP to my benefit all month long
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    For may I met my goal of losing 5 lbs. I entered into the Healthy zone of the BMI. I fit into 2 dresses and 4 bikinis nicer than previously, I also lost another 1/2 inch off each thigh and 1/4 inch off each upper arm (those are my 2 trouble zones) so I was thrilled.

My goal for June is to lose another 5lbs (and hopefully the bikinis and dresses will fit even better) I want to finish month 2 of my 2nd round of P90X and hopefully see some good results regarding my muscles. I want to try and eat more non meat dishes this month and successfully go to several functions without majorly pigging out.
  • SarahE12345
    Options
    I made an account on Sunday May 22nd. Start date was Monday the 23rd. Between when I weighted myself (Sunday night) and the end of may I lost 7 pounds!!!! That is 7 pounds in 9 days. And exercised a lot and ate a lot (but mostly healthy!) and was never hungry for munchy food (that alone is a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE accomplishment!)
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Lots of success for May!

1) Joined MFP!
    2) Lost 6 lbs. in May.
    3) Reached my goal of completing a mile in 20 min.

For June goals:
    1) Start strength training (meet with trainer tomorrow to learn how to do it!)
    2) Cardio workout 5X per week.
    3) lose another 8 lbs.

I can do this!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    In May I hit the 100 lbs. lost milestone & I bought (and can wear) a size 14 jean for the first time in 14 years!! This month I am shooting for onederland!!

WOW!! You are an inspiration! Great work.
  • SarahE12345
    Options

WOW!! You are an inspiration! Great work.

What is "ONEDERLAND"
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs. I ran 11 miles. My new "short" run on busy days is 5 miles (as opposed to 2). I fit in some old clothes. As for June, I'm just going to keep on being awesome! :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    1) Joined MFP and love it!
    2) Lost a little over 3 pounds
    3) Overcame several days of bad eating and got back on the wagon!

Goals for June: hit 176 pounds by my birthday! (currently 180)
    Best NSV: realizing that the scale doesn't matter so much as how I feel.
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I started MFP and signed up for a personal trainer!! :smile:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Made me a better butt!
  • Dalmacagain
    Dalmacagain Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is totally amazing. I hope I can say the same thing some day. Congratulations
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!