Replies

• bigbabi74
    bigbabi74 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :)
  • staceylw31
    staceylw31 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    did you replace a lot of those foods with fruits and veggies and did you drink lots of water?
  • bigbabi74
    Options
    staceylw31 wrote: »
    did you replace a lot of those foods with fruits and veggies and did you drink lots of water?

Well I only drink water except when I have a craving for something else than I'll have a glass of skim milk or tea. Yes I have started eating more fruits, i always ate alot of veggies. I try to drink 64oz or more of water per day...
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • elizalinda2015
    elizalinda2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bigbabi that's amazing what is your sw well done you have me ready to do this challenge. Did you cheat at all?
  • Sparkle__
    Sparkle__ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work!
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this for September! Although with nuts I can't just eat a few, I like new things to motivate me.
    So I am going for it.
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You had me at ice cream, lost me at chocolate!!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    Calories in vs calories out is the main component of weight loss, but anyone who says whatever you put in your body to get those calories doesn't matter is lying.

But nobody says that. To achieve a calorie deficit we can eat anything, but for health and satiety we need enough of a long list of nutrients, and the best way to achieve that, is by eating a variety of fresh whole foods every day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Well done bigbabi74 B)
  • greetingsliv
    greetingsliv Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bigbabi74 wrote: »
    :) Thanks all. I really appreciate all the positive feedback :D

• greetingsliv
    greetingsliv Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Excellent excellent job! I complained about the rude remark you received. It was totally rude and unnecessary. Losing 16 lbs is an achievement in any normal nice person's mind. Keep up the hard work. I'm happy to hear you have lots of support. I'll continue to watch your progress. Ox
  • SparkyTinman
    SparkyTinman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So awesome and to be honest, I think it is a great idea! They say it takes 21 days to form a habit, avoiding all that stuff is a great habit! You've inspired me to try this because the night time junk food binge is my absolute worst enemy - I have a bloated 'chip hangover' still from last night and have felt gross all day long from it. But I fear I could end up with a LOT of calories if I turn to nuts. Have any other salty/crunchy ideas that might help? (Though I think maybe just a tea and going to bed earlier may have to be my solution...not sure my inner junk food addict will be able to stick with anything in moderation.) Please keep posting and congrats on the double digit loss!!! That is so awesome and really, truly inspiring to those of us that have 100+ to lose!!!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a Beachbody program. There are shake powders. They're expensive, but they won't tell you what is in them. There are cheapo plastic food containers. There are videos.

And there are salespeople who call themselves "coaches." They pretend to be your buddy so that you'll say Yes! when they hit you up to buy the stuff. Small-time scam artists. Dishonest people.

21-day fix. Ugh and puhleeze.

• bigbabi74
    Options
    Thanks everyone and as far as other crunchy salty stuff I tried low fat popcorn lite butter.
  • bigbabi74
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Sounds like a Beachbody program. There are shake powders. They're expensive, but they won't tell you what is in them. There are cheapo plastic food containers. There are videos.

And there are salespeople who call themselves "coaches." They pretend to be your buddy so that you'll say Yes! when they hit you up to buy the stuff. Small-time scam artists. Dishonest people.

Beachbody I could only wish. I'm so far away from a bathsuit it's ridiculous. If you're not here to give support or motivation please take your negative comments and move along. This isn't the place for it!!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    bigbabi74 wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »

Beachbody I could only wish. I'm so far away from a bathsuit it's ridiculous. If you're not here to give support or motivation please take your negative comments and move along. This isn't the place for it!!
    I'm happy for you that you lost the weight!!

Just don't get sucked into using...or, worse...selling that stuff.

Congratulations on your loss. Well done. I mean that! :)
  • bigbabi74
    Options
    I want get sucked in. It's to expensive for me and shakes are gross. I am going to do it the hard way. Exercise, portion control, and eating right. But thanks!!!
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I'm happy you're happy with your loss. The reason people are saying it's not healthy is losing weight fast can contribute to loss of lean mass with fat. You reduce this by losing more slowly. Just something to consider.
  • bigbabi74
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    I'm happy you're happy with your loss. The reason people are saying it's not healthy is losing weight fast can contribute to loss of lean mass with fat. You reduce this by losing more slowly. Just something to consider.

As I stated in a earlier post. I have and am still being monitored by my doctor and she sees nothing wrong. So with that being said to each their own!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!