Plus size yoga DVD

Options
What plus size yoga DVD's do you like? I'm not sure if I should order Megayoga, Peggy Cappy, or Just My Size.

Replies

• Adriana1440
    Adriana1440 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump?
  • CObluegrass
    CObluegrass Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just use yoga videos on YouTube. I get bored too easily to stick with a dvd or two and I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. My favorite is Yoga with Adriene but she isn't specific to plus sized, but you can make adjustments.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    See if these sites have reviews (or at least video clips)

http://www.collagevideo.com/search?q=yoga

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/SearchResults.asp?searching=Y&sort=5&search=yoga&show=10&page=1

Peggy Cappy is always really good....
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    @Adriana1440 - how much experience do you already have with yoga? I have a lot, including yoga teacher training, and don't do anything specific for Plus Size but just avoid the really cardiovascular styles like Power Yoga/Ashtanga/Vinyasa/P90X, cuz I know I have neither the stamina nor upper arm strength for them.

Before buying DVDs, why don't you see what your library has to offer?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    I just use yoga videos on YouTube. I get bored too easily to stick with a dvd or two and I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. My favorite is Yoga with Adriene but she isn't specific to plus sized, but you can make adjustments.

This is funny to me because with minor tweaks, I've been doing essentially the same routine for 14 years ;)
    I just add or subtract depending on my fitness level.

I did recently swap out two Krishna Das songs for another two KD songs from his new album.

• Adriana1440
    Adriana1440 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have no yoga experience, I do have a good library so that dose sound like a good place to start. Thanks