Calorie counters.

Options

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I mean, honest, I want to understand. My understanding would be that instead of counting 1 thing (calories) you're counting 3 things (protein g, carb g, and fat g). Or possibly you're just counting one of those. But really, there's still counting. Like, if your goal is 200 g of protein, then that means your goal is 800 calories of protein. Right?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    I mean, honest, I want to understand. My understanding would be that instead of counting 1 thing (calories) you're counting 3 things (protein g, carb g, and fat g). Or possibly you're just counting one of those. But really, there's still counting. Like, if your goal is 200 g of protein, then that means your goal is 800 calories of protein. Right?

You would just look at the 200 gram part, not at the calorie equivalent. But, yes, you are still counting something. And the sources of the data would be the same sources you'd use to count calories (food packaging, USDA, etc.) So I'm not seeing where one is more accurate than the other.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

yeah, if you're tracking macros, by default you are tracking calories....not really sure what point the OP is trying to make here...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10793-1377118139-35.gif

• jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    OK, well, just be generally aware that 1 gram of carbohydrates or protein has about 4 calories and 1 gram of fat has about 8 calories, in case you ever want to know that for any reason. You're not wrong about the margin of error in calorie trackers, but then, the same margin of error would apply to any tool used for tracking macros either. So, whatever floats your boat.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Fat =9 calories not 8

That would be a big underestimation
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    daynerz wrote: »
    Eat when your hungry. Eat according to goals. Don't eat till your full. Eat till your satisfied. I know I'm always roaming over these boards and reading these newbie posts.
    Whales are the most offended , by the book

I'm *really* sorry for this but it's "you're". Not "your".

Also, I'm with the people who wonder how the OP can count macros but not the calories (which is where his macros are coming from).

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Eat when your hungry. Eat according to goals. Don't eat till your full. Eat till your satisfied. I know I'm always roaming over these boards and reading these newbie posts.

Also, I'm with the people who wonder how the OP can count macros but not the calories (which is where his macros are coming from).

This is one of my pet peeves too :#:D

• WBB55
    edited August 2015
    Options

Just FYI, it's against forum guidelines to correct people's English and grammar.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Just FYI, it's against forum guidelines to correct people's English and grammar.
    As is pointing out violations of... oh, wait, that's very tricky, isn't it?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

193wjkq1xsdrxgif.gif
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

yeah, if you're tracking macros, by default you are tracking calories....not really sure what point the OP is trying to make here...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10793-1377118139-35.gif

agreed Lebowski. Now pass over the white russian.
  • WBB55
    Options

Oh crap! Looks like bars for me!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    rickysee wrote: »
    I don't believe in calorie trackers. Extremely inaccurate. I am only concerned with the macros I consume and my body fat %. I never step on a scale either

I think you stumbled into the wrong place, the entire basis of MyFitnessPal is counting calories. But then you are just trolling for a response, right?
  • glassyo
    Options

LOL I actually just read the guidelines to make sure and....how could any of what I said be considered an attack? The first thing I did was apologize! (And not even sarcastically.)

• glassyo
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

193wjkq1xsdrxgif.gif

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, I don't care if people didn't like him. I miss Kurt. :(

• x_blackrainbow
    x_blackrainbow Posts: 439 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

*kitten*-you-dolphin-meme-generator-*kitten*-you-dolphin-and-*kitten*-you-whale-d93123.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

This is true

It's one of the reasons I always wear my grammar t-shirt when foruming

5135yT1xa-L.jpg
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options

LOL I actually just read the guidelines to make sure and....how could any of what I said be considered an attack? The first thing I did was apologize! (And not even sarcastically.)

Yes, looks like the spirit of the rule is for attacks versus the gentle correction you did, but you could always Flag > Report your own post and ask a mod to review it.