log my lettuce??

Options
Obviously the salad dressing is something I would definitely log but do u guys log the lettuce, tomatoe, celery etc that's in there as well? I get if it's a starchy veggie - it should be logged...

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    I do. I figure that since I'm logging everything else, I may as well.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    If you want to be accurate then YES. If someone were to only have 250 deficit, not logging veggies like that cuts into your actual deficit.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I try to log my veggies to the exact amount
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose weight, I would suggest yes. Every little matters, right?

For example, 1 cup lettuce = 5cal (according to the first entry on MFP). If you eat it every day, don't log it and therefore under-report by 5cal every day (hypothetically speaking), that's 35cal per week, or 1820cal per year. That's a whole extra day's worth of food you've not taken account of.

It all adds up!

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I track lots of things in addition to calories including fiber. It's important for me to log as accurately as I can.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I do log lettuce. Heck, I even log cilantro. That's more so I remember my recipes than for the calorie count, though.

Tomato and celery actually have calories worth logging (in the quantities I eat them!).
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Well you are counting calories and those things have calories, so absolutely.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    The only ingredient I don't log is water.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I usually do 100g each of tomatoes, cucumber and bell pepper as my base for salads, and like 75g of spinach.. so yes I log it because I eat a LOT of vegetables
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I do for lettuce but for many other vegetables I use as a topping, like onions, I don't. Even the above example of 1 cup of lettuce being 5 calories--5 calories in a day is in the noise.

Now if I wasn't losing weight I would tighten up my tracking and track everything.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I rarely log lettuce, unless I'm trying to be exact. Even when I do I just guess at how much there was, same for tomato and zucchini, etc. I haven't had any problems losing weight by not logging those things accurately though. If you are not seeing results then you would probably want to be exact at least for a little while.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Every single thing.
  • PSS33884
    PSS33884 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I do. It has calories and carbs. Even though it is an extremely small amount, I take insulin based on the carbs I eat. I need to be as accurate as possible.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I log everything, although I might skip the 10g of lettuce I sometimes put in my tacos.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I set me goal 50 under where is should be so I can skip lettuce, celery, onions etc. BUT I logged them for awhile until switching to this way.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    My body logs every calorie that I eat, so I count them all.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I log lettuce, but am not that precise about it - sometimes I just say "1 leaf" in my sandwich or whatever. I would take the same approach with celery, if I ate it. Pretty much all other vegetables I would log accurately. Veggies can add up to a significant amount, so I definitely wouldn't ignore them entirely.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log all of the veggies I eat, even lettuce. My big meal salads have about 70 calories from greens, cucumber, pepper, and tomatoes alone, and if I'm eating one or two of those a day it adds up!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I just ate 60 calories worth of lettuce and shredded carrots. So yes. Log your lettuce.
  • ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If its going in your mouth, it goes in your food log