Issues with hitting minimum cal intake

Options
2»

Replies

• StaceySudol
    StaceySudol Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wine.. Ice cream... These things do not make for healthy eating

Of course they do, eat a variety of fresh meat/fish and eggs, a range of coloured fruit and veg and a handful of seeds and nuts. Add a nice snack of ice-cream or a glass of wine before bed. As long as it is within your calorie goal you will lose weight and enjoy it. That is much more likely to be a long term way of eating than the tiny amount 900 calories gives you.

Try not to see food as good or bad, it can all have a place somewhere. Ice-cream is great calcium ;)

I always try to leave room for popcorn at night. I love to have a snack like that. I need to keep my hands busy.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Of course they do, eat a variety of fresh meat/fish and eggs, a range of coloured fruit and veg and a handful of seeds and nuts. Add a nice snack of ice-cream or a glass of wine before bed. As long as it is within your calorie goal you will lose weight and enjoy it. That is much more likely to be a long term way of eating than the tiny amount 900 calories gives you.

Try not to see food as good or bad, it can all have a place somewhere. Ice-cream is great calcium ;)

I always try to leave room for popcorn at night. I love to have a snack like that. I need to keep my hands busy.
    Try knitting to keep your hands busy :) It's a win win
  • StaceySudol
    Options
    At this point, as long as I eat what I have planned out for dinner and my popcorn tonight, I will hit 1,310 calories.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Popcorn is a great snack. I had some earlier and I'm just about to have a Mars Ice-cream bar, only 148 calories.

Seriously, you can still enjoy those types of foods and lose weight. It's about moderation :)
  • StaceySudol
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Lol I crochet!! I started to do it so that I could keep my hands busy. I use to smoke (quite 15.5 years ago) and since then my hands need to always do something. Crocheting has certainly helped with that.... But it also stopped me from having my popcorn last night because I had a project I wanted to finish lol
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Lol I crochet!! I started to do it so that I could keep my hands busy. I use to smoke (quite 15.5 years ago) and since then my hands need to always do something. Crocheting has certainly helped with that.... But it also stopped me from having my popcorn last night because I had a project I wanted to finish lol

I used to smoke, too, and knitting helped me a lot!!