Not losing weight...

Options
2»

Replies

• knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    Sometimes it can take 4 to 6 weeks for the scale to really show a difference. If your clothes are fitting better - then you HAVE seen change. Celebrate non-scale victories like that, being able to work out longer, etc. Sounds like you are off to a good start, keep going and you will see the scale move!!! You can do it!!!!
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I know it is easier said than done but don't base your success with just the scale. We are always looking for the scale to go down. You are probably loosing inches and that is also being successful.
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options
    ARG! So many of us go through this when we start out! I'm on month 2 of all-out working out 7 days a week, new foods, new approach and I keep bouncing about with 4 lbs. It's totally not just you and I'm hoping the "whoosh" effect someone mentioned happens soon! LOL

It's definitely frustrating, but the thing I keep telling myself is it HAS to happen at some point. You can't keep putting this much effort and energy into something without some kind of change. Keep the faith - you CAN do it... just not as quick as you may want to.

GOOD LUCK & Keep up the good work!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    You're doing all the right things. That first big loss is typically water weight. Give your body a chance to adjust to the new changes. Here's another bit of advice; stop weighing yourself so often it's gonna make you nuts. You didn't gain all that weight in a month, so it's gonna take a minute for it to come off. You're on the right track, just hang in there.
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    ARG! So many of us go through this when we start out! I'm on month 2 of all-out working out 7 days a week, new foods, new approach and I keep bouncing about with 4 lbs. It's totally not just you and I'm hoping the "whoosh" effect someone mentioned happens soon! LOL

It's definitely frustrating, but the thing I keep telling myself is it HAS to happen at some point. You can't keep putting this much effort and energy into something without some kind of change. Keep the faith - you CAN do it... just not as quick as you may want to.

GOOD LUCK & Keep up the good work!
    I'm exactly the same but I've been bouncing around 5 lbs for 3 months now. It's really hard to remain upbeat about the inches lost when the scale goes up and down more times than a yo-yo!
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    this happened to me. turns out it was a week before my period. I was down to 137 then I gained to 143 during my period. =[ it could be because your bloated or water weight!!
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You may be retaining water due to your strenuous exercise. Definitely try to drink enough water - especially with that much exercise you should be drinking even more water. And add protein to recoup after workouts. You'll see the results eventually!
  • ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Options
    I experienced this too, I am new to MFP and have lost 5 lbs but before that I had been working out and didn't lose but my clothes felt better.. hmmm go figure..
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    I've been on here for 50 days and the first month I gained 3 pounds. Its figuring what works for you. Suddenly I had an injury due to over worked muscles and lost the 3 pounds I had gained.

Now I have started Low Carbs (2 days) and eating as clean as I can, bloating is gone and I think I am starting to lose. I cheated and stepped on the scales tonight and am just a bit higher then this morning yay!

Here is a site to help you set up for low carb if you chose to do it. I was also doing the 30 day shred and lost 4 inches in 2 weeks before my injury.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/nutrient_calculator.htm
  • meaganlael
    meaganlael Posts: 32
    Options
    Thank you all for the motivation! Hopefully for all of us who aren't yet seeing slim numbers on the scale, we all still know that what we're doing is only making our lives better, smaller numbers or not!

Also, I've been taking Green Tea pills because I read that they can help with weight loss, but I'm wondering if maybe this is having some kind of adverse effect also. Anyone know anything about these?
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    yes I know the feeling as my weight loss has stalled too adn I cannot possibly spend more time in the gym or on the toilet with all the water I drink. I work hard and sometimes exercse 2x a day and still no major results and I was just going to suggest like I am going to try ...lowering the carbs and focusing on more on protein and fats

I also have cut calories a bit more since I ws i maintenance mode vs weight loss mode so now I am 1350 and not 1600 and will see how that goes.

I went to have thyroid and blood sugar tested too which ws all normal but something you might want to rule out as well

best of luck it will happed!