What made YOU decide it's time to change?
I recently posted my above before and after pic on here and got asked the question:
"What made you decide it's time to change?"
It was an interesting question that helped me to remember all the reasons how I got where I am today, so I thought i'd put it out there to everyone else.
For info, mine were:
- Comments I got from family members I hadn't seen in a while (and they don't hold back!) about how I had put on weight etc. Not nice to hear, but gave me the motivation to do something about it
- Online shopping and seeing really nice outfits I wanted to wear but when buying them, didn't fit as well as I thought they would
- Embarrassingly, sometimes being offered a seat on public transport (for those not from London, on trains we have 'priority seats' which get offered to the less able to stand/elderly/pregnant) as people had mistaken my rounded stomach for a baby!
- Wanting to do a charity 5k at the best of my ability when I was 25 (life goal - DONE)
- Being fed up of being unhealthy/tired/out of breath anymore when walking or going up stairs
I'd love to hear all of yours reasons too and see before and after pics of you have them! PLEASE SHARE
- All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 390.7K Introduce Yourself
- 43.3K Getting Started
- 259.5K Health and Weight Loss
- 175.5K Food and Nutrition
- 47.3K Recipes
- 232.2K Fitness and Exercise
- 378 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.4K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.5K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 73.1K Success Stories
- 152.6K Motivation and Support
- 7.8K Challenges
- 1.3K Debate Club
- 96.3K Chit-Chat
- 2.5K Fun and Games
- 3K MyFitnessPal Information
- 22 News and Announcements
- 850 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 2.2K MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions