What is something you are NOT eating now that you used too.....

Options

Replies

• Chicasonamission
    Chicasonamission Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I just eat less of it than I used to.
    That being said, I've made special effort to cut back on Pepsi, pizza and dairy (lactose intolerance, not extremist food religion).

I can't judge I have all 3 expect I do diet Pepsi and veggie pizza and ice cream....lol
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything I DON'T eat. I definitely don't have huge sandwiches with bacon, cheese, avocado, meat, and mayo on a daily basis. But I still eat all those things within reason. Admittedly I don't eat much bread/pasta/rice because I like to eat high volume and prefer meat and veg.
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I don't think there's anything I DON'T eat. I definitely don't have huge sandwiches with bacon, cheese, avocado, meat, and mayo on a daily basis. But I still eat all those things within reason. Admittedly I don't eat much bread/pasta/rice because I like to eat high volume and prefer meat and veg.

Well that is definitely working for you....you look GREAT! :smile:
  • MimiMadrone43
    MimiMadrone43 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I quit: sugar in my coffee (still add a tablespoon of creamer although I plan to phase that out as well), soda, redbull, sweet tea (keeping track of my food intake made me realize how many calories I was drinking everyday), fast food, processed foods and "mixes" (if we're going to have cake, brownies, cornbread, etc.......it needs to be homemade and made with the best ingredients our budget allows. Our family's just been having fun with trying new foods, experimenting with recipes and finding a healthier balance we can live with for the long haul. When I'm hungry now I don't just ask myself "what sounds good?" it's "what do I need right now?" and plan meals and snacks based on calories and my gram balance of carbs/protein/fat/fiber.
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    I quit: sugar in my coffee (still add a tablespoon of creamer although I plan to phase that out as well), soda, redbull, sweet tea (keeping track of my food intake made me realize how many calories I was drinking everyday), fast food, processed foods and "mixes" (if we're going to have cake, brownies, cornbread, etc.......it needs to be homemade and made with the best ingredients our budget allows. Our family's just been having fun with trying new foods, experimenting with recipes and finding a healthier balance we can live with for the long haul. When I'm hungry now I don't just ask myself "what sounds good?" it's "what do I need right now?" and plan meals and snacks based on calories and my gram balance of carbs/protein/fat/fiber.

That is what I am aiming for....great job....best wishes to you and your family.
  • fireandfox
    fireandfox Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    On a daily basis/2 or 3 times a week I no longer eat/drink:
    Pasta
    Rice
    Bread (almost completely cut out unless on a special occasion)
    Milk (usually almond or soya instead)
    Granola
    Cereal (completely cut out)
    Egg yolks (perhaps no more than 1 or 2 a week compared to 5/6 whites a day)
    Condiments
    Margarine/butter
    Olive/vegetable oil (it's either 1 calorie or coconut oil unless for an occasion)

I'm pretty healthy anyway so never had to explicitly cut fast food, crisps, biscuits etc. since i rarely ate them anyway.
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    fireandfox wrote: »
    On a daily basis/2 or 3 times a week I no longer eat/drink:
    Pasta
    Rice
    Bread (almost completely cut out unless on a special occasion)
    Milk (usually almond or soya instead)
    Granola
    Cereal (completely cut out)
    Egg yolks (perhaps no more than 1 or 2 a week compared to 5/6 whites a day)
    Condiments
    Margarine/butter
    Olive/vegetable oil (it's either 1 calorie or coconut oil unless for an occasion)

I'm pretty healthy anyway so never had to explicitly cut fast food, crisps, biscuits etc. since i rarely ate them anyway.

Wellllllllllllllllllllll lol I am not there yet but thanx for sharing I will have to add some of those to my list too. :smile:
  • esandford140
    esandford140 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My kids' leftovers....
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    For the most part we (my fiancé and I) have given up diet soda and switched to sparkling water instead. I really like the La Croix flavored sparkling waters. No artificial sweeteners, calories, or caffeine. :smiley:
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    My kids' leftovers....

Bwuahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that would help lls
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    For the most part we (my fiancé and I) have given up diet soda and switched to sparkling water instead. I really like the La Croix flavored sparkling waters. No artificial sweeteners, calories, or caffeine. :smiley:

I recently started drinking La Croix....trying to find the coconut flavor one but right now on grapefruit and raspberry.
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I have just learned to not eat as much of it as I once did. I enjoy pizza, cakes, cookies so no need to cut them out just limit them and have smaller portions. I do watch bringing crackers in the house as I lose control so eat them only when im out or when I can by a single serving size
  • TDMitchell2010
    TDMitchell2010 Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I gave up cheese and started losing weight after I hit a plateau. I miss it. :(
    I am also on a low carb diet. Only eating vegetables for my carb intake. So I gave up bread, pasta, sweets, cheese, and ice cream.
  • half12345
    half12345 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out. Whenever I try to do that, it's all I want to eat!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I gave up cheese and started losing weight after I hit a plateau. I miss it. :(
    I am also on a low carb diet. Only eating vegetables for my carb intake. So I gave up bread, pasta, sweets, cheese, and ice cream.

I lost 70 pounds while eating cheese every day. The key is to moderate it--in the beginning, preportioning the cheese worked.

I also had 40%+ carb intake.

As for things I have completely cut out? Only cokes, mostly because they're not worth the calories at all. I have cut way back on my consumption of a variety of things from pasta to red meat to potato chips, but nothing is entirely off limits.
  • sherrynickel
    sherrynickel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My one rule that I have stuck to is this, "no white at night" meaning = no rice, no potato, no bread, no sugar, no anything white at all, ever. The" at night " is a key to this equation.
  • Chicasonamission
    Options
    My one rule that I have stuck to is this, "no white at night" meaning = no rice, no potato, no bread, no sugar, no anything white at all, ever. The" at night " is a key to this equation.

I'm going to try this. Thanx for sharing.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

thats-racist.gif
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    Nothing, actually. I don't eat some things very often, but I didn't cut anything out. Just cut down on the amount.

This.

The things that I now have once in a while (usually once a month if that) compared to weekly (sometimes daily):
    - soda
    - potato chips
    - candy bars
    - fast food/take out (thank you meal prep!)
    - alcohol (this one surprised me the most, but I miss it the least)
    - anything fried (I actually prefer most things baked)
    - bagels (leaving the East Coast probably helped this the most)
    - sauces loaded with heavy cream and butter
    - pasta
    - processed frozen foods (mozzarella sticks, pizza bites, jalapeño poppers, etc)
    - hot wings
    - deli meat
    - pizza (this went from almost daily to about every other week and my choices now are much healthier)
    - fruit juice
    - ice cream/frozen yogurt/gelato

I've changed this simply because the less I had these things, the better I felt. My workouts also greatly improved when I was no longer bloated and weighed down! But you better believe that I still crave and enjoy all of them, just quite a bit more responsibly these days :)

• maryelgin1988
    maryelgin1988 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A Hawaiian delight sandwich.... From Seattle.