Yoyo yoyo what again?!

Options
I've done it again... Gotten chubby. It's almost a two year rotation for the last 8 yrs, cut for 6 months-slowly gain a bunch of weight-work it back off etc... This time I want to lose it more gradually and try to actually make a lifestyle change instead of the fast and dirty gaining and losing of lbs. having a tough time getting my start on though with 2+ hours spent commuting and 9 in the cube. It's harder than ever to force myself to the gym and put in a quality sesh. Have two weeks of shaky start behind me but trying to get that mindset going. Goal is 25 lbs of fat lost dependent on if I can still put on a some muscle at 32. Short term goal is dropping some bad habits and at least getting in the gym every other day.

Replies

• kimikinsx3
    kimikinsx3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey! We're in the same boat! 3 hours of driving and 8.5 in the cube! Same goal weight loss too!! I'm in the same cycle of getting fit then loosening up and getting chubby again!!! Good luck! :)
  • wachmonster
    wachmonster Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I made it in today! And worked hard but ugh did chips and pizza for dinner after nothing but coffee all day, so overall not a great day. But ended the nite with a workout so will try to keep this thing rolling. Good luck to you as well, let's make into fall in great shape!
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is predominantly a food issue, so start there. Make sure you're in a deficit every day. Then slowly start adding in the gym.
  • wachmonster
    wachmonster Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks, much appreciated. I think I've heard something like the gym only affectless 10 percent of weight loss and the rest is all diet .