How long does it take to see results Weight Lifting?

Options
2»

Replies

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Will add on - & ask a Q! After a year of almost exclusively cardio (to reach my goal weight) I stared weightlifting about 3 weeks ago. I already see changes in my arms, shoulders, upperback, quads, and maybe a tiny bit in my glutes. However, no change whatsoever in my belly! Do I need to be patient or am just missing something?

I have the opposite problem, all my weight is stored in my *kitten* and thighs which make it hard to loose. My abs were pretty easy to obtain...

I stay away from pastas and bread, drink alot of water. Then to target the abs I bought a 8lb medicine ball and a yoga mat off amazon. Daily I do 4 sets of 25 crunches with the 8lbs medicine ball, do 3 1minute body holds, 3 sets of 20 flutter kicks. I almost have a V cut thanks to the routine, now I just have to get my *kitten* off the floor LOL.

• jamieben1824
    jamieben1824 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I cant seem to get past 200lbs on the dam scale

Yeah, the scale can be a bit disheartening when you're lifting. There's a lot happening with water retention, but also, for newbies, you can gain some muscle while cutting the fat. You're basically recomping, and when that happens, the scale doesn't tell the whole story. Hence, pictures. Take them. You'll thank yourself later.

This is so true, Why I don't weigh myself especially now that im lifting heavier than ever. Its true, its a long road but will pay off in the end!