Full Body Circuit Training

I've been doing your run of the mill split workouts for years (4-5 days a week), and getting good results (when my diet has been on track), but I was bored and wanted to mix it up. I am not crazy about cardio, but I still wanted to push myself a little more during my workouts and starting thinking about crossfit and circuit training. After reading several articles and blogs, I decided on a 3 day a week, full body circuit workout. I thought I was in good shape, but after 2 weeks of the circuit training, I realized that there's a lot of room for improvement.

Here's my workout. It's an A/B schedule, that I do 3 times a week. Week 1 would be A,B,A, week 2 would be B,A,B, and so on. All workouts are 5 cicuits and all exercices are 10 reps. I've been getting in 3 or 4 circuits so far, so I've got some work to do before I am doing all 5 sets. Some sets I'm able to get 10 reps, but others I still need to tweak the amount of weight so I am able to get 10 reps.

Workout A:
Squat
Flat Bench
Wide Pull Ups
Shoulder Press
Chin Ups
Dips
Jump Rope (as many reps as I can get)

Workout B:
Deadlift
Incline Bench
Seated Row
Lat Raises
Barbell Curl
Tricep Press
Jump Rope (as many reps as I can get)

Anyone else do full body circuit training and want to share their workouts?

Replies

• dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    I don't do it very often because my current gym has a limited number of squat racks, but I've used a program that I read on T-nation a few times.

It went something like this:

Push press 8 to 10 reps
    Barbell rows 8 to 10 reps
    Squats 8 to 10 reps
    Pull-ups 8 to 10 reps

Rest 60 seconds and repeat circuit for 4 sets.

Immediately after the last set do 70 seconds of burpees and another 45 seconds of mountain climbers.

Rest 3 minutes

Deadlifts 8 to 10 reps
    Incline dumbbell press 8 to 10 reps
    Upright rows 8 to 10 reps
    Barbell lunges 8 to 10 reps

Rest 60 seconds and repeat for 4 sets.