What do YOU eat in the morning?

Options

Replies

• Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Usually 3 eggs with leftover veggies and siracha. Since I am not riding due to a fall, it has been 2 eggs or chia blueberry pudding.
  • worldofalice
    worldofalice Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    60g porridge oats cooked in water, topped with agave syrup, cinnamon and heated up frozen berries. With a cup of tea and a satsuma, sometimes a soy yoghurt too if I'm still hungry :)
  • jdonner30
    jdonner30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Smoothie with 1/3 banana, 1/2 avocado, 1/3c berries, spinach & water. Then some type of protein either toast with peanut butter, hard boiled egg or full fat greek yogurt
  • cakey111
    cakey111 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    Hard boiled eggs. strawberries and protein bar
    jdonner30 wrote: »
    Smoothie with 1/3 banana, 1/2 avocado, 1/3c berries, spinach & water. Then some type of protein either toast with peanut butter, hard boiled egg or full fat greek yogurt
    jdonner30 wrote: »

• kawh707
    kawh707 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    agree with most of the above... but i do try to keep it to protein only in the morning... turkey or veggie sausage and the like. i like to save any carbs (like a piece of toast) for later in the day, so i can look forward to it.

i have found that if i let ANY kind of carb touch my lips (even fruit) before i have some substantial protein, i simply crave carbs all day!! anyone else have that experience??
  • mlborg
    mlborg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 oz chopped walnuts & 1 tablespoon organic honey with a side of 100 calorie Greek yogurt.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal w/pb
  • jsae06
    jsae06 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    2 organic eggs scrambled with 1 cup spinach and a slice of american cheese. Sometimes I'll add a slice of Ezekiel bread or a 100 cal English muffin. If it's after a workout, I'll skip the bread and have a cup of milk mixed with a scoop of protein powder.
  • 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Refried beans. Fiber and protein keeps me full until snack/lunch.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Greek yoghurt with Wheat Belly grainless granola, or (this morning) omlet made with Egg Creations and filled with spinach and a wedge of Laughing Cow french onion cheese (usually have goat cheese but ran out), and 1 slice of Udis millet chia bread toasted. Sometimes Egg Creations omlet filled with salsa and a little old cheddar.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    If I plan on working out shortly after or worked out before breakfast, I'll eat something with carbs and protein, if I dont plan on working out, I usually go low carb, high protein with some fats
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I bake crust less quiche or "frittatas" for 130-150 calories per 1/4. Just heat up a quarter every morning
    Recent ones are cabbage/bacon and BLT
    k9vteovt5xfv.jpg
  • LieliWhite
    LieliWhite Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    jsae06 wrote: »
    2 organic eggs scrambled with 1 cup spinach and a slice of american cheese. Sometimes I'll add a slice of Ezekiel bread or a 100 cal English muffin. If it's after a workout, I'll skip the bread and have a cup of milk mixed with a scoop of protein powder.

Omg! Sounds like something I would make. Ezekiel bread! Love it
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    5 egg white omelette with crunchy peanut butter. I wash it down with a hemp powder protein drink mixed with water.
  • julesy785
    julesy785 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or scrambled eggs with tomato n mushroom
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Queenmunchy, that looks delicious!!! Mind sharing the recipe?
  • fireandfox
    fireandfox Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It depends, varies from a piece of fruit to oatmeal to a few egg whites with veg. Depends on how I'm feeling and the time I have
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My current kick is an over easy egg on a hash of coleslaw mix, onion and a slice of bacon. I fry 1 slice of bacon and then stir fry the onion and coleslaw mix in the drippings while frying the egg in another skillet. Layer the coleslaw mix, then crumbled bacon and then the egg on top.
  • lornacatherine91
    lornacatherine91 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I eat oats most mornings. I use organic oats and add my own flavourings to it like blueberries, banana, apple or cinnamon. Occasionally I'll make a smoothie bowl if I can be bothered. Also lots of water, no coffee here!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    small breakfast- 30g of cereal and 1 cup of coffee with milk, and a packet of sweet'n'low.