Replies

• bibimazoon
    bibimazoon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Pale skin is perfect for awesome vibrant tattoos :smiley:
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Try applying tanner? I wouldn't tan in the sun. People that do that their whole lives tend to look like shriveled leather by the time they turn 60.

Look on the bright side -- at least we ghosties won't have skin cancer, right? ;)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Pale is beautiful. Brown is beautiful. Fake tans and melanomas are not.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm pale because I rarely go out in the sun unless it's early morning or late afternoon, and then for less than an hour or so. I look 20 years younger than most other people my age. My younger sister looks 20 years younger than me because she smokes outside all the time. I will take smooth skin over hard wrinkles caused by the sun any day.

Smoking outside has made your sister look younger...?
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You just have to embrace your paleness. I'm in the sun everyday and I can't tan, my skin doesn't have the capability to do so. Be careful of spray tans, I got one before vacation once and was bright orange.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Fall in love with someone paler ...Irish folk are generally good for this ...checks translucency of Irish husband...laughs
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Embrace it. Pale girls are very beautiful.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    d36a57cc8b681cc6c6734780b259f09c.jpg
    Go in the sun...
    You. Got. This.
  • calypso797
    calypso797 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with being pale and interesting. Fit and strong looks fabulous regardless. ;)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I'm Scottish and as pale as they come, I just embrace it and make a big effort to get no tan. No awkward white bits as I'm all white! I have a friend from a warm climate who is positively green with envy at my alabaster skin, so I just go with it now.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Embrace it! I'm pale. I wear red lipstick, ensure my brows are filled in and embrace it. I'm careful with the sun and look younger than other women my age. I have blue eyes, blonde-strawberry blonde hair and a little smattering of freckles - I would like strange with a tan. Porcelain all the way!
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    "Embrace it? "

This!
    Wear make-up that suit and complement your natural colours. I bet you look wonderful, and you don´t even know it ;-) I love the way we all have our Unique look.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I just stay pale.
    I don't wear pastels or all black.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I'm so pale I glow in the dark. Embrace it!

this
    im whiter than white and even with factor 50 on ill go pink. buy a big hat to stop the burnt face and just own the paleness

• Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Everybody I see on that fake tan lotion looks orange.
    Just get out; get some sun.
    30 minutes - 15 per side. Sunshine will do you good, and don't worry about getting dark.
    Be yourself!
  • cantstopgypsy
    cantstopgypsy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    If it's summer, put on some sunblock and go outside. If it's winter, wait for summer. :)
    When I do put on sunblock it doesn't matter how high the spf is I always get red like a lobster :D:D:D

Then you need t apply it more often and wear a wide brimmed hat. You don't want skin cancer do you ?
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My friend is a fake tan EXPERT! I finally talked her out if tanning bed a few years ago. She spray tans and it looks amazing, but come off in chlorine. She also like the Kardashian tanning towelettes or lotion for in between spray tans. It's a lot of work to keep up with fake tans. I say, embrace the pale!
  • mom2nicknat
    mom2nicknat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am super pale and freckled..and currently recovering from surgery to remove melanoma. ..that totally changed the way I feel about how pale I am. I will now embrace it and be thankful my cancer was caught early
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Hault the thread !!

I'm from jersey ! We know all about spray tans, bronzers, and lotions !!!!

For a subtle tan that wont look orange, try jergens brand sunless tanner.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I'm pale because I rarely go out in the sun unless it's early morning or late afternoon, and then for less than an hour or so. I look 20 years younger than most other people my age. My younger sister looks 20 years younger than me because she smokes outside all the time. I will take smooth skin over hard wrinkles caused by the sun any day.

Meant to say she looks older, yikes!