Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm so damn pale lol. Tips and tricks?

Replies

• bibimazoon
    bibimazoon Posts: 50 Member
    Pale skin is perfect for awesome vibrant tattoos :smiley:
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Try applying tanner? I wouldn't tan in the sun. People that do that their whole lives tend to look like shriveled leather by the time they turn 60.

Look on the bright side -- at least we ghosties won't have skin cancer, right? ;)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Pale is beautiful. Brown is beautiful. Fake tans and melanomas are not.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm pale because I rarely go out in the sun unless it's early morning or late afternoon, and then for less than an hour or so. I look 20 years younger than most other people my age. My younger sister looks 20 years younger than me because she smokes outside all the time. I will take smooth skin over hard wrinkles caused by the sun any day.

Smoking outside has made your sister look younger...?
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    You just have to embrace your paleness. I'm in the sun everyday and I can't tan, my skin doesn't have the capability to do so. Be careful of spray tans, I got one before vacation once and was bright orange.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Fall in love with someone paler ...Irish folk are generally good for this ...checks translucency of Irish husband...laughs
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Embrace it. Pale girls are very beautiful.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    d36a57cc8b681cc6c6734780b259f09c.jpg
    Go in the sun...
    You. Got. This.
  • calypso797
    calypso797 Posts: 1 Member
    Nothing wrong with being pale and interesting. Fit and strong looks fabulous regardless. ;)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    I'm Scottish and as pale as they come, I just embrace it and make a big effort to get no tan. No awkward white bits as I'm all white! I have a friend from a warm climate who is positively green with envy at my alabaster skin, so I just go with it now.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Embrace it! I'm pale. I wear red lipstick, ensure my brows are filled in and embrace it. I'm careful with the sun and look younger than other women my age. I have blue eyes, blonde-strawberry blonde hair and a little smattering of freckles - I would like strange with a tan. Porcelain all the way!
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    "Embrace it? "

This!
    Wear make-up that suit and complement your natural colours. I bet you look wonderful, and you don´t even know it ;-) I love the way we all have our Unique look.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    I just stay pale.
    I don't wear pastels or all black.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    I'm so pale I glow in the dark. Embrace it!

this
    im whiter than white and even with factor 50 on ill go pink. buy a big hat to stop the burnt face and just own the paleness

• Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Everybody I see on that fake tan lotion looks orange.
    Just get out; get some sun.
    30 minutes - 15 per side. Sunshine will do you good, and don't worry about getting dark.
    Be yourself!
  • cantstopgypsy
    cantstopgypsy Posts: 14 Member
    Kalikel wrote: »
    If it's summer, put on some sunblock and go outside. If it's winter, wait for summer. :)
    When I do put on sunblock it doesn't matter how high the spf is I always get red like a lobster :D:D:D

Then you need t apply it more often and wear a wide brimmed hat. You don't want skin cancer do you ?
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    My friend is a fake tan EXPERT! I finally talked her out if tanning bed a few years ago. She spray tans and it looks amazing, but come off in chlorine. She also like the Kardashian tanning towelettes or lotion for in between spray tans. It's a lot of work to keep up with fake tans. I say, embrace the pale!
  • mom2nicknat
    mom2nicknat Posts: 56 Member
    I am super pale and freckled..and currently recovering from surgery to remove melanoma. ..that totally changed the way I feel about how pale I am. I will now embrace it and be thankful my cancer was caught early
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Hault the thread !!

I'm from jersey ! We know all about spray tans, bronzers, and lotions !!!!

For a subtle tan that wont look orange, try jergens brand sunless tanner.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    I'm pale because I rarely go out in the sun unless it's early morning or late afternoon, and then for less than an hour or so. I look 20 years younger than most other people my age. My younger sister looks 20 years younger than me because she smokes outside all the time. I will take smooth skin over hard wrinkles caused by the sun any day.

Meant to say she looks older, yikes!