Finally Ready!

Options
IeshaH91
IeshaH91 Posts: 12 Member
I'm not new to MFP, but I am now taking this weight loss journey seriously. I am 5'5 and need to lose 90lbs (was 95lbs, but I've lost 5 since starting) by next summer. I am now eating healthier and haven't touched fast food (but I have thought about it a lot). I'm more active (4-5 days/week). Having a demanding job that requires traveling all over, I could never find the right balance for lunch, which was my main issue, and then by the time I get home, I'm so tired I would just stop at McDonalds or some other quick fix fast food place. Meal prepping has been a Godsend!!! Anyway, looking forward to this journey, although I'm aware it's gonna be long and difficult since I've done so much damage to my body and health over the past 6 years!

Replies

• Newalex16
    Newalex16 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We will do this together I'm in same boat
  • IeshaH91
    Options
    We will do this together I'm in same boat

Great! Let's support one another!!!
  • karliebethell
    karliebethell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    WELL HEY LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shall will kick fats *kitten*?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Why 'by next Summer'? It seems pretty unrealistic. I'm 5'5" and it took me 1.5 year to reach 133 pounds (lost 80 pounds). And that was still a 1.5 pound a week loss in average.

The good news is that it's not a lost cause at all, but you should not give yourself impossible time frames.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    If you need a friend Please send me a friend request. And good luck on your weight loss journey. Peace :)
  • tmsrose
    tmsrose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am with you on this. I start than stop logging my food and exercise. You will do great keep positive.
  • IeshaH91
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Why 'by next Summer'? It seems pretty unrealistic. I'm 5'5" and it took me 1.5 year to reach 133 pounds (lost 80 pounds). And that was still a 1.5 pound a week loss in average.

The good news is that it's not a lost cause at all, but you should not give yourself impossible time frames.

I don't think it's unrealistic. Next summer, for me, could be toward the end of the summer/beginning of fall, or whatever the case may be. So that would put me at a year. I've seen it done before, so I don't think that this is an unrealistic goal. And if I am able to lose 80, that'll be perfect! The timeframe is not that big of a deal for me.

Good job on your weight loss.
  • IeshaH91
    Options
    WELL HEY LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shall will kick fats *kitten*?

Hey there!!! I'm planning on it! Good luck to you!!!
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen, 90lbs in a year is pretty hard to lose as a woman unless you weigh 400+lbs. Men can lose that much in a year, but that's in part to them tending to weigh more anyway. 50-60 lbs is more realistic so don't do unhealthy things to try and rush it.

I say it in nearly every post but be sure to get a digital food scale if you don't have one yet.
  • IeshaH91
    Options
    From what I've seen, 90lbs in a year is pretty hard to lose as a woman unless you weigh 400+lbs. Men can lose that much in a year, but that's in part to them tending to weigh more anyway. 50-60 lbs is more realistic so don't do unhealthy things to try and rush it.

I say it in nearly every post but be sure to get a digital food scale if you don't have one yet.

Thanks for be advice. I already have a food scale and I'm definitely sure I can do it in a year. Again, I'm not doing anything unhealthy, just healthy eating and exercise. My goal is still 90 lbs in a year. If I get close to it, I'll be okay with that.
  • Bryanna1992
    Bryanna1992 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can do it! It definitely has to be tough being on the road alot, but meal prepping and bringing along healthy choices with you is definitely key. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    Plump2FitPanaQT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!! I have 100lbs to lose and can definitely use the support on this long journey!!
  • IeshaH91
    Options
    Friend request sent!! I have 100lbs to lose and can definitely use the support on this long journey!!

Yes! I need it too! Thanks for the add, we got this girl!