What is up with some of the people on this site...

Options
13»

Replies

• TheFrugalFatass
    TheFrugalFatass Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, I haven't seen much of that. Facebook, on the other hand...I have unfriended people over the constant stream of Plexus and ItWorks! they pollute my newsfeed with. :P
  • Pittshkr_
    Pittshkr_ Posts: 99 Member
    Options
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Just send me nudes and I will make all the MLM people go away.
  • rhianna818
    rhianna818 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that yet. But some one at work has started selling ItWorks or something like that and made a bee line to me bc they know I am losing weight. I told her NOPE.
    I am getting it done w/o all that, why would I spend $$ on something extra thats just a FAD and a waste. If I've seen it as a decal on someones car its a fad. No thanks.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I only get pervy messages from guys
    although once i got a message from a girl asking if i was able to help her with her nail biting habbit :/

That weirdo is a bit of a legend around here, most of us have received that PM one time or another. There's also a guy who randomly PMs you to tell you that you're amazing and you've got this. But it's the same message to everyone.

How bout that guy who wants to know how much one leg presses?
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Options
    Apparently I have been lucky...no mlm, pervy, nail biting or one leg press pm's. Hope I haven't jinxed myself now by saying that. Or is it like Beetlejuice where you have to say it 3 times.
  • Annaleighmarie
    Annaleighmarie Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I got one of those messages. I just told her I didn't want to sign up for an account I wasn't going to use.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Got one from a married guy the other day. It was a bit strange. Are they trying to compete with plenty of fish?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I got one from a female a few days ago randomly asking "so how are your fitness plans progressing so far?". I assumed it was a sales thing and ignored it.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    getitamb wrote: »
    Got one from a married guy the other day. It was a bit strange. Are they trying to compete with plenty of fish?

Yep. This. All the time.
  • pointkoala
    pointkoala Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've gotten that as well.
    Also when I don't have my profile pic as a cat (on a previous account), tons of creeps would message me.

So yeah, now I have a pic of a cat, and I ignore people when they start on with that.

I'm interested in people for support. If I CHOOSE to purchase things from one of these programs or whatever then I'll do it on my terms.
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    kmart0819 wrote: »
    Seriously, I made a post introducing myself, and then I have people messaging me at first seeming like they are genuinely interested in making a friend and having people to talk to about their journey with them. Then a few messages in after seeming like a nice person to talk to and genuinely taking a interest in your journey they message you talking about how they are a coach for some website or want you to join their facebook group, when you check the group out they are all advertising their pyramid scheme fitness "business" trying to sell products like its some Mary Kay spin off for fitness products. Be upfront about your intentions if you do this stuff, don't waste peoples time and most importantly don't come off like you are a good person taking interest in someones transformation journey or act like you are trying to find motivation for yourself when you are really just trying to get rich quick.

If you want to message someone to simply have a conversation and get to know someone, make a friend for motivation, or anything like that then do that. If you want to sell your life changing fitness product, do it somewhere else.

Don't fall for anyones "transformation" product. Only buy supplements from a store or online at bodybuilding.com. Not from some no name scum on here. Also there is not shortcut to doing this, no magic product. Don't kill your organs and take years off your life with some product that hasn't been around long enough to be tested.

Anyways... Rant over, for those who read this whole thing, thanks!

At least you're not being messaged by creepers wanting nudes. Consider yourself blessed! :smile: it is annoying though either way.
  • s_y8s
    s_y8s Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I only get pervy messages from guys
    although once i got a message from a girl asking if i was able to help her with her nail biting habbit :/

I've also gotten that message from someone named Megan or something. Lol. Apparently she sends everyone that message. Lol !

Oh my gosh! I got that same message! lol
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Sorry that happened to you. That's pretty sneaky.

I hope those people will read this but I doubt it. Unfortunately its just gonna have to be up to you to filter through b.s.

Stay gold though and be friendly and kind until you find out they are up to something. Then just cut them. No hesitation. Its a simple concept, its what us ladies on here have to do with pervs who fake it too.

By the way I'm on my 2nd non fitness MLM and its not that hard to follow rules. I'd recommend to any beach body or anything else ...

MLMers PSA: If its too much trouble to find the community guidelines just PM a mod to clarify the rules for you. If you can't do that just listen to that little voice inside your head that tells you its evil to pretend to be someone's friend if you have ulterior motives. Treat others how you want to be treated. State your intentions and stop wasting everyone's time, yours included. This is not the place for that. Isn't it obvious?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Nograce80 wrote: »
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    I've not once had that happen. :|

me either, what do they not think I can have a beach body???? :'(

It's coz you're wearing a TARDIS beanie. Whovians are impervious to woo.

That is my daughter. I'm wearing a supernatural one, doesn't that mean I need wooing?

Only by Dean, never by BeachBody.
    Castiel can woo me too, I'm not picky! Cool on sam though, don't like a male pouty face!
    Dean. Only and always and all day Dean.