Breakfast

Options
I have the same breakfast every day. Ready brek with golden syrup and a coffee. I keep seeing diet plans that day to have eggs for breakfast plus other stuff. I can't eat eggs so that's out but is it worth me adding something to my breakfast? Am I eating enough? Seems an odd thing to say when I'm trying to lose weight!!! Lol!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If it satisfies you, keep at it
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You could add some protein to your breakfast -- nuts, bacon.
  • Vixxie75
    Vixxie75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    You could add some protein to your breakfast -- nuts, bacon.

Can't have nuts, I'm diabetic and have to keep my cholesterol low and I don't like bacon!
  • Vixxie75
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If it satisfies you, keep at it

That's what I was thinking. I feel full and don't snack in the morning. It's mid afternoon and late evening I struggle.
  • Vixxie75
    Options
    I use skimmed milk and no sugar in my coffee. I found I used less syrup than sugar in my ready brek. I tried it without and couldn't stand it!
  • Vixxie75
    Options
    Hey if I can't have a little syrup in the morning life ain't worth it! Lol!!!
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Vixxie75 wrote: »
    I have the same breakfast every day. Ready brek with golden syrup and a coffee. I keep seeing diet plans that day to have eggs for breakfast plus other stuff. I can't eat eggs so that's out but is it worth me adding something to my breakfast? Am I eating enough? Seems an odd thing to say when I'm trying to lose weight!!! Lol!

Whatever works for you. For me, I feel the best having 20-30 grams of protein with each meal. In the morning, that usually comes in the form of plain greek yogurt with fruit along with a serving of oatmeal (or when it is so hot, like now, just the yogurt and fruit).
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Vixxie75 wrote: »
    Hey if I can't have a little syrup in the morning life ain't worth it! Lol!!!

Yep!!
  • Vixxie75
    Options
    Not tried pain Greek yoghurt. Thanks, will give that a try
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I like to shoot a squirrel every morning and fry it up for breakfast with some spicy home fries.

Either that or bacon and eggs, cause I'm American.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What is ready brek?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    As a diabetic it really helps to get some protein in there. Try it once and check your sugar numbers. I am betting you will be pleasantly surprised.

Egg whites are cholesterol free.
    PB 2 is a defatted nut powder.
    You might want to try a casein powder in a milk shake blended with fruit.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/optimum-nutrition-100-casein-powder-chocolate-60076740
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    If you like it and it satisfies you, keep eating it. There's no need to eat eggs if you don't like or can't have them. As long as you maintain a calorie deficit, you'll still lose weight. For example, my daily breakfast is black coffee and about 1/4 cup of dry cereal. It works for me and keeps me satisfied until around 1:30pm because I don't get very hungry in the mornings. I still lost all the weight I wanted to lose. Eat what works for you, not what other people tell you to eat.
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have a similar breakfast - rolled oats mixed with homemade stewed apple and vanilla yoghurt. Was easiest when I got the apples from my own tree but 10 apples gives about 12 days worth. I find it filling but also rat most of my food before 1pm every day - I don't usually snack in the afternoon and aim for a light dinner
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I like to shoot a squirrel every morning and fry it up for breakfast with some spicy home fries.

Either that or bacon and eggs, cause I'm American.

american-breakfast_zps3yerhnnt.jpg
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've actually seen a lot of people say that eating the same stuff every day can be a good thing. You don't have to worry about managing random hunger or calories from day to day. SO long as it isn't terrible empty calories then there's nothing wrong with it.

Maybe get some Turkey or ham and fry it up on a skillet for some flavor.