Breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    So long as you're getting your nutritional needs over the total of the day, it doesn't matter what you eat at any particular time of day. You're good!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @Liftng4Lis Ready Brek is a British thing (albeit I've never eaten it!)

http://www.weetabix.co.uk/mobile/brands/readybrek/original

@Vixxie75 How about adding some fresh blueberries on top for some sweetness instead? <3
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Vixxie75 wrote: »
    RodaRose wrote: »
    You could add some protein to your breakfast -- nuts, bacon.

Can't have nuts, I'm diabetic and have to keep my cholesterol low and I don't like bacon!

You can have nuts with diabetes. In moderation. Much better than sugary syrup? Good luck.
  • MagnoliaStorm
    MagnoliaStorm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same thing for lunch and I am happy. Very healthy but I don't eat breakfast. I try to have 15-17 hours between dinner and next meal so I have early lunch at 10 or 11. I try to curve my morning hunger by exercising, though it doesn't work always lol. Stay happy.

• Vixxie75
    Vixxie75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Jillish23 wrote: »
    @Liftng4Lis Ready Brek is a British thing (albeit I've never eaten it!)

http://www.weetabix.co.uk/mobile/brands/readybrek/original

@Vixxie75 How about adding some fresh blueberries on top for some sweetness instead? <3

Sorry! Yeah it's british!! Rolled Oats with milk. A sort of lighter porridge!!
  • Vixxie75
    Options
    Tahlia68 wrote: »

Can't have nuts, I'm diabetic and have to keep my cholesterol low and I don't like bacon!

You can have nuts with diabetes. In moderation. Much better than sugary syrup? Good luck.

Can't have nuts because I can't take statins and I have to keep my cholesterol low.
  • Vixxie75
    Options
    Sorry for the general reply! There's been so many helpful replies, it's great!!

I'll look for those syrups. 0cal sounds too good to be true!

I've not tried Squirrel for breakfast but there's loads here so maybe..... :p
  • Vixxie75
    Options
    https://store.davincigourmet.com/sugar-free-syrups-c-200.aspx -- There is 4 pages of flavors, feel free to take a look.

Not fair!! They don't ship to the UK! :/ Going to check out local health food shops and see if they do any. Thanks
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Tahlia68 wrote: »

Can't have nuts, I'm diabetic and have to keep my cholesterol low and I don't like bacon

Can't have nuts because I can't take statins and I have to keep my cholesterol low.
    Nuts help LOWER bad cholesterol!!!!!