Any foods you've sworn off for life?

Options

Replies

• theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    All soda.

There are dozens of reasons why, but chief among them is that I feel gross and less healthy when I drink one. A close second is the fact that the day after I drink one, I have sugar cravings.
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Salmon... I really really really hate salmon.
  • mk732
    mk732 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Beets and asparagus because I hate them.
  • derekspiewak
    derekspiewak Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've become unreasonably upset about foods that don't need sugar having sugar added to them.

I got so angry at my wife the other day for bringing home "all natural" peanut butter that had vegetable oil, palm oil, and agave syrup in it. You know what needs to be in peanut butter? Peanuts. Never betray the Krema!
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yep...but not related to losing weight. It's either things I have tried and disliked or haven't tried and have no interest in trying. Example: crab brains. My husband tried some on a trip to Japan and his description of the taste alone was enough to make me decide that would never be crossing my lips.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    fresh tomatoes, taste gross.
  • derekspiewak
    derekspiewak Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    andympanda wrote: »
    fresh tomatoes, taste gross.

I used to think so too. Then I had actual garden-fresh tomatoes, not that garbage they sell in supermarkets. They shouldn't be allowed to call those things "tomatoes." It's a completely different thing.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Dairy Queen soft serve and anything that contains it. Makes me violently ill - or at least it did when I was in college. I haven't had any after the 3rd try when it was absolutely clear that it was in fact the Dairy Queen that was the problem. And a single bite was too much.

Anything else is up for debate. Tastes change over time, and things I hate on their own can be delicious (or at least tolerable) cooked in different ways.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Tequila. Multiple times.
    just straight for me, I'll gladly drink a margarita
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Coffee cream, syrups, whipping cream, white bagels,
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower in all forms. It tastes like dirt and shattered dreams.
  • ericGold15
    ericGold15 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Sworn off is too strong a word, but processed junk food and candy is not welcome in the house anymore. Not available -- not going to binge on it.

And I have to say that my palate has adapted to a less sweet lifestyle. Now when I want sweet I enjoy e.g snow peas in the pod. When I ate cookies I would have considered the sweet pea fairly bland.

This is probably the problem with eating artificially sweetened food; the senses are not given a chance to recalibrate.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Beets. I'll never eat beets.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have sworn off boiled octopus, raw monkey brains and roasted cockroaches.
    Other than this, all foods are ok in moderation.

Sometimes I just want a junkie, empty caloried, nutritionally bankrupt treat...like a twinkie with pepper jelly smeared over it...
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    stuff the grosses me out/makes me feel sick after eating it. other than that I am good to go.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    animals,dairy,eggs
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Soda and sweet tea.

I could drink 10 Cokes a day...and see the weight gain daily. No soda with sugar.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I don't eat Brussels sprouts at all. I'd rather not eat eggplant, but I will. I can no longer tolerate more than 2 bites of bread or pasta, which is hard for a carb addict! Except for the tiniest taste (less than 5g at a time), I can't handle sugars of any kind, granulated, honey, agave, anything that my body considers sugar.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Pate <---patay. that mushy brown spreadable disgusting thing you put on crackers. I think it's some type of organ meat...I dunno, tried it a couple times and almost yacked. Never again.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Pate <---patay. that mushy brown spreadable disgusting thing you put on crackers. I think it's some type of organ meat...I dunno, tried it a couple times and almost yacked. Never again.

There are thousands of different types of pates and they can taste radically different and have different textures. I wouldn't swear off of all of them based on one taste. Besides, if you do then you can't ever have a traditional beef wellington - and that would be a shame.