Any foods you've sworn off for life?

Options

Replies

• lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 633 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I sworn off all seafood after I tried some. I hate seafood and will never eat it again. Yuck! However, I haven't banned any fattening, yummy food for weight loss reasons and I never will. I don't eat them all the time but I don't deprive myself either.

Well that's not totally true. I did swear off soda and fruit drinks considering how bad they are for you, both for teeth and weight.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm another celiac who swore off gluten.

Soda. It's a trigger for me.
  • sunkissmarie
    sunkissmarie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I haven't sworn any foods off but there is a lot of things I don't eat now simply because I don't crave them or they just don't taste good to me anymore since I haven't ate it in years. Such as hamburgers, soda, hotdogs, fries etc. the one thing I probably will never have again though is soda or juice. I haven't had it in like 5 years. I only drink water & I don't miss it at all
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Fugu. I'm way too scared to ever try it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Dairy Queen soft serve and anything that contains it. Makes me violently ill - or at least it did when I was in college. I haven't had any after the 3rd try when it was absolutely clear that it was in fact the Dairy Queen that was the problem. And a single bite was too much.

Anything else is up for debate. Tastes change over time, and things I hate on their own can be delicious (or at least tolerable) cooked in different ways.

Yeah I'm probably never having Rita's again after I had some last year and ended up spending the rest of the day in the bathroom.

Also, pizza hut. It was nasty and I could FEEL the sodium for 2 days afterwards. Same with Smashburger, although that was tasty... but just not worth the horrible feeling for the next two days. To be fair, I guess that anything more than 2 slices of pizza make me feel bad from the sodium now (yet I have no problem eating most restaurants' food, go figure).
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Poor quality fast food/chocolate/alcohol etc.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say sworn off but foods I find myself turning down often enough its been YEARS since i've had it:
    Cheesecake (though this had to be a favorite dessert for years)
    Restaurant tortillas (most dishes I ask to alter in one way, shape or form)
    High-fructose sodas
    Chips Ahoy (If I need a cookie I go for the real thing)
    Swiss Cake rolls (I bet it tastes like plastic to me now)
    McDonald's chicken nuggets
    Hot dogs/brats
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Like many others on this thread, I've only sworn off the foods that will kill me.

I have designated some foods as special treats, though. I have them less frequently than I used to, and that actually has increased my enjoyment of those foods when I have them.
  • GenevieveRox
    GenevieveRox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Pasta, bread, loaded Pop (full sugar). Any potato that isn't a sweet tater. Almost all fast foods.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    No-bake peanut butter cookies, but not because of weight loss, it's because I ate 16 of them and made myself sick. (I was 8 years old, to be fair)
    Tequila. Multiple times.

Just the once for me. I tried it again 15 years later and couldn't do it, insta-gag response
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I'll happily pass on lutafisk forever. :wink: In all seriousness, I should swear off ice cream, I'm sensitive to dairy and the momentary pleasure isn't worth the discomfort later.

My grandma used to make lutefisk every year at Christmas. It was so foul smelling I never tried it and don''t think I ever could. She also used to make lefse. I miss her lefse so much!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Hm. I'd be glad if I never tasted vegemite again.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms- because they are a fungus and gross....
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I eat everything in moderation except foods I dislike and cauliflower is disgusting!!!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Pasta, bread, loaded Pop (full sugar). Any potato that isn't a sweet tater. Almost all fast foods.

For life? Well, that's sad.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Margarine.

will-disgust.jpg
    YES! I wasted my childhood on the stuff.

Grocery store hot dogs because I hate boiling them and the sticky film they leave in plastic baggies kinda grosses me out.
    Los Cucos because a bad shrimp quesadilla left me with a stomach virus for a week and it's hard for me to get over it.
    Blue Bell ice cream because I've found better ice creams and am a little wary after everything that came out after the recall

• mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Fast food value meals. I seriously doubt I'll ever order one again. I can see a small fry with a healthy sandwhich maybe, but not a burger or entire meal. Just knowing how many calories I've swallowed over the Years from that crap food makes me sick.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Nothing really. At least, I hope I never have to swear off something for the rest of my life. And I hope that one day my medical condition goes into remission so I can have a bunch of foods I miss again.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, olives, cottage cheese, escargot. . . all foods that make me gag.