Healhty Oatmeal Cookies - no such thing

Options
CharonCharon
CharonCharon Posts: 264 Member
I spent hours looking for a healthy oatmeal cookie recipe.
Something I can put in my purse as a snack to go.
Online all I see is stuff with apple juice (sugar), flour, caro syrup, brown sugar, flour, butter.
And yes, this is under healthy.
I hate to see what is unhealthy.
I want cookies I can eat in volume. Not nibbles.
Me and portion control do not get along - never have.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Waiting for the banana/oatmeal cookie posters.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Maybe change your search to "low calorie" instead of "healthy". For the record, there is nothing wrong with butter, sugar, flour or apple juice if consumed in moderation.
  • catbhn21
    catbhn21 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've made some with yogurt instead of some of the fat. I forget the recipe but I'm sure you could find and modify. It's not truly healthy, but it is a cookie after all.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with flour, sugar, and butter. You are not going to find many foods you can eat in unlimited portions. Accept it.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Cookies are never really healthy, but so what?
    >:)
    Life is to be lived. When I eat cookies, it's for pleasure - not nutrition.
  • mdrichardsons
    mdrichardsons Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I made some energy bites off of pintrest and they taste like no bake oatmeal cookies. I know what your saying though you don't want just one and in moderation lol
  • rhyolite_
    rhyolite_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Take a bag of raw baby spinach. Remove one leaf. Tell yourself it's a cookie. Eat in volume.

Otherwise, make a cookie like a cookie is supposed to be made and enjoy. ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what's unhealthy about this either. I agree with whoever said to change your search to "low calorie" instead, if that's what you're looking for.
  • MEHR0908
    MEHR0908 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    replace 1/2 flour in recipe with almond flour, remove1/4 of all sugar (brown and white) thats called for, replace chocolate chips with almonds or raisins or both, only make 1/2 or 1/4 batches at a time to help cut down on over eating too many cookies at once

original
    1 c. sugar
    1 c. butter
    1 c. flour
    2 c. Quick Oats
    1 tsp. baking soda (sifted with flour)

altered and in half
    1/4c white sugar (or sugar substitute)
    1/8c brown sugar (or brown sugar substitute)
    1/4c butter
    1/4c flour
    1/4c almond flour
    1c quick oats
    1/2tsp baking soda
    1/8c almonds /raisins/both

(Add 1/4 tsp baking powder and whip really well for muffins instead of cookies)
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The suggested recipes are awesome, but I think that the OP is looking for healthy oatmeal cookies (which, by the OP's definition seems to mean low or no carbs and fat) that can be eaten in unlimited quantities.
    I spent hours looking for a healthy oatmeal cookie recipe.
    Something I can put in my purse as a snack to go.
    Online all I see is stuff with apple juice (sugar), flour, caro syrup, brown sugar, flour, butter.
    And yes, this is under healthy.
    I hate to see what is unhealthy.
    I want cookies I can eat in volume. Not nibbles.
    Me and portion control do not get along - never have.
    Such a thing does not exist. Even oatmeal in isolation can't be eaten in unlimited amounts if you are watching your calorie intake. Adding anything to make it adhere in a cookie shape (and presumably add flavor) will add calories.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You are confusing low calorie with healthy. There is no such thing as a cookie you can eat in volume and stay under a low calorie goal. This does not make cookies unhealthy. It makes them a poor choice when you are looking for a low calorie filling food.
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I have arrived!
    Banana oatmeal cookies w/ walnuts & raisins B)
    Hell yeah, I will eat 6 of you & feel great doing it.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

I have arrived!

You're eating 6 MFP members? What selection process are you using?
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

I have arrived!

They have oatmeal cookies in their tumtums.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    What makes them unhealthy? You seem to be misinformed. Explain how apple juice is unhealthy or any of the ingredients you listed.

If your looking for low calorie cookies , then search low calorie recipes . you may be confusing the word healthy and low calorie.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    mrsbaldee wrote: »

I have arrived!

They have oatmeal cookies in their tumtums.
    Aha! Got it. And eating 10 oatmeal cookies the size of my thumbnail versus one the size of 155 g frisbee is another. Yes, size matters.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    What makes them unhealthy? You seem to be misinformed. Explain how apple juice is unhealthy or any of the ingredients you listed.

If your looking for low calorie cookies , then search low calorie recipes . you may be confusing the word healthy and low calorie.

cool dog. . . .hopefully SOMEBODY is cleaning up after it. . . . . heheheheh. . . .
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

cool dog. . . .hopefully SOMEBODY is cleaning up after it. . . . . heheheheh. . . .

Still waiting on you !!! @_Terrapin_ my landscaper called me a princess so I doubt he's going to do the clean up !!! Lol

I have the lotion ready and warmed too so hopefully the feet are ready to go!
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

Still waiting on you !!! @_Terrapin_ my landscaper called me a princess so I doubt he's going to do the clean up !!! Lol

I have the lotion ready and warmed too so hopefully the feet are ready to go!
    I had a moment in a well with a poodle there. . . . . .I have a baggie and a shovel. . . . .bring it on!

• atabbu
    atabbu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I don't understand what's unhealthy about this either. I agree with whoever said to change your search to "low calorie" instead, if that's what you're looking for.