Shakeology

Options
amytorr19
amytorr19 Posts: 25 Member
I am starting Shakeology today.. can anyone give me recipes or advice on the product?

Thank you

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Oh boy.........this isn't going to end well.
  • amytorr19
    Options
    oh no!! why? did i say something wrong? lol
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Oh boy.........this isn't going to end well.
    OUCH!

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    amytorr19 wrote: »
    oh no!! why? did i say something wrong? lol

Shakeology is generally considered to be garbage. It's overpriced and sold by "coaches" who don't actually know anything about nutrition.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The only people who seem to care for Shakeology around here are the people trying to sell it. You might take a peek at previous posts on the subject or see if there's a group or something that might help.
  • amytorr19
    Options
    okay, I guess people on this board do not support it? I signed up for it because it is a quick meal, I am a mother of 2 toddlers and thought it was a good idea.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    My advice on the product? Save your money. It's an MLM scam.

And don't be surprised if you get PMs from people telling you how wonderful it is, because ulterior motives. ;)
  • amytorr19
    Options
    I just wanted recipes lol.. thank you
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    okay, I guess people on this board do not support it? I signed up for it because it is a quick meal, I am a mother of 2 toddlers and thought it was a good idea.

You can buy some protein powder and take a multivitamin for a lot less cost and get the same effect.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

why would this be your first stop and not their website?
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    lots of people on here do the shake, and you can google recipes. If it helps you than go for it. I am with the rest, don't believe in it. But everyone has to find their balance. I wish you much success.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    save your money....its a scam.........the losers that promote that garbage are a bunch of snake oil salesmen......they are in some kind of cult......fixation on a useless product
    just eat healthy and moderation........I lost over 90 lbs and didn't use that garbage........best wishes
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    try their website if you'd like recipes. it would probably be a better resource

me, I would avoid the product and make my own versions. even make a batch ahead of time and freeze the extra servings.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    If the product was quality and good bang for the buck, I don't think many people would object. I prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them, but that's my personal preference.

But Shakeology is high priced *and* low quality. Plus, it being an MLM marketing scam pretty much gives it three strikes and you're out. ;)
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Before I say anything about Shakeology, I'll actually provide you with some resources that you asked for: People are hard on Shakeology here because it's overpriced and makes a lot of claims. Posters come to the boards and rave about to in order to sell it to naive members who think they need it to lose weight. Some people who use it swear by it without realizing that it's not the Shakeology making them lose weight, but the fact that they're replacing a meal with it. You can accomplish this with any protein powder, honestly. There are cheaper Shakeology dupes out there as well. However, Shakeology is what you have and need to use right now, so enjoy the recipes if you use them.
  • RMCottonRPh
    RMCottonRPh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have researched Shakeology alternatives before when I was considering actually paying an arm and leg for Shakeology. Vega One and Garden of Life Raw are both comparable protein powders with LESS sugar that cost LESS money!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    lloydrt wrote: »
    save your money....its a scam.........the losers that promote that garbage are a bunch of snake oil salesmen......they are in some kind of cult......fixation on a useless product
    just eat healthy and moderation........I lost over 90 lbs and didn't use that garbage........best wishes
    0pb1gtmoc3wd.jpg

lol
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    @RMCottonRPh Yep; you're right on the money. I mentioned dupes, but didn't list any. I actually have Vega All-In-One Nutritional Shake in French Vanilla and Chocolate and I have the Garden of Life Raw Meal in Vanilla. I love all of them and the Vega is honestly the closest dupe ingredient wise. It costs $25-$60 for 10-20 servings instead of 30 servings for $150 like Shakeology.
  • strangesoul79
    strangesoul79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It depends on what flavor you are using really. I mix bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and black berries in a lot of mine.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options

Google "protein balls" or "protein pancakes" for ideas. I know other protein powder sellers like Quest have recipes on their sites too.

But you can buy protein powder at the store for much cheaper. Personally, I like putting a scoop with two cups of coffee and one cup of milk. 255 calories for the brand I use and skim milk.