PB2 or Peanut Butter???

Options

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    • This woman is a whackadoo. Anything she says is automatically suspect.
    • Anything on the internet that starts with "The Truth about..." is likely not.
    • Adding salt and sugar makes it bad.
    • You should accept the fat in peanuts, because if you don't, you're not eating the "whole food".
    • I prefer to get my science from, you know, scientists. Scientists can become bloggers, but bloggers can't become scientists.

Sorry, but it's really hard to take anything she says seriously.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Pfft, if food babe is against it, it's probably worth looking into trying. XD

I have heard of it, and been considering trying it if I see it in the store. If it tastes good as a dip, I can go back to my apples and PB that I've been missing.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Azexas: What does your link say about PB2? I think I missed it. thanks
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    Pfft, if food babe is against it, it's probably worth looking into trying. XD

I have heard of it, and been considering trying it if I see it in the store. If it tastes good as a dip, I can go back to my apples and PB that I've been missing.

I found the Chocolate PB2 is awesome with apples! Just a friendly FYI. :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    20670350791_f412322f56_z.jpg

It seems like more and more companies are coming out with their own powdered peanut butter. Powdered PB mixed in something is pretty okay. I don't really like trying to use it as a spread; I need real PB for that.
  • Azexas
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Azexas: What does your link say about PB2? I think I missed it. thanks

The link says nothing about PB2- it states how misinformed the Food babe really is and how she uses misinformation to promote her non sense.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    It seems like more and more companies are coming out with their own powdered peanut butter. Powdered PB mixed in something is pretty okay. I don't really like trying to use it as a spread; I need real PB for that.

I noticed Jif has one now. Haven't tried it though.

• Azexas
    Options
    brynnsmom wrote: »

I noticed Jif has one now. Haven't tried it though.

The Jif is pretty good. On the same level as PB2. I rotate between the two depending on which is on sale that week.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I just recently tried PB2 and love it in pancakes and milk for my cereal.

I don't think I'll ever use it to make a pbj because I beleive the texture would be weird, but when you want peanut butter taste and texture isn't imporant, PB2 is a great way to save calories.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options

She's an idiot.
    A worthy punchbag of the scientific skeptic community.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I like the chocolate PB2. I make peanut butter banana wraps sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon for breakfast.

I get it at Target, Publix, or Winn Dixie. However, only Target has the chocolate.

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Azexas wrote: »
    I really like PB2, but as a heads up- it will not be the same consistency as peanut butter. I usually use it as a dip for wheat thins or vegetables. You can usually find it at Walmart, Target, GNC or Vitamin shop.

the consistency is entirely dependent on how much water you add. The way I make it, it has the same consistency as regular peanut butter. My fiancé, however, likes it a bit more watery. It's totally up to the mixer though.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    also, i'd like to jump aboard the "food babe is a wacked out psycho who spouts nothing but made up *kitten*" train too.
  • ellerist
    ellerist Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    PB2 is divine added to nonfat Greek yogurt. Sometimes I add 1 tsp of honey as well. I eat that as a snack or as dessert. I saw PB2 sold at Target when I was there yesterday.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,628 Member
    Options
    I don't normally eat peanut butter plain, but use PB2 for cooking. A lot of Malaysian and Indonesian dishes use peanut butter, for example in satay sauces or dressing for gado gado and it makes substitute in those dishes.
  • baby_bokchoy
    baby_bokchoy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Really good added to oatmeal, or stirred into Fage yogurt (which is so thick and filling, and really low calorie for how much you can eat).
  • kvansteen
    kvansteen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I eat real food.. Real peanut butter is better for you in my opinion.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Omg PB2 is delicious!!! So glad you guys helped i rice me to buy it :) found a new regular for my cabinate
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love swig lowfat powdered PB in oatmeal, protein smoothies, etc. Helps me stay at calorie deficit when I eat my food plan.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The powdered peanut flour I bought has just has roasted peanuts as an ingredient. I'll take it de-fatted any day to make my Thai peanut sauces. Doesn't bother me!