Sugars

Options
I have been logging on for a week now but am struggling to keep my sugars in the green , they go into -15 or whatever . What can I do ?
Eat more veg?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    What are your sources of sugar? Also, has your doctor told you to eat low sugar? Are you diabetic?
  • Tarated
    Tarated Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No not diabetic n not told to cut down. Am just trying to loose weight but can see ther is a lot in my semi skimmed milk
    And the bananas and fruit.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    As long as its not pushing you over your calories I wouldn't worry about.
  • Bacchants
    Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    As long as you're under your calories you'll still loose weight regardless of sugar intake.

Sugar from stuff like milk and fruit doesn't need to be worried about.

I try to limit my processed/added sugar, but mainly because if I have too much of it then I don't have enough calories to eat other stuff. Eg I could have two choc digestives for 168 cals, but that means I can't have one of my 152 protein cakes. The biscuit tastes better but i'll be hungry soon after, the protein cake will fill me up but tastes like protein shake.
  • loldiz
    loldiz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am also always over on sugars, but I eat a lot of fruit. As long as it's from healthy sources and you're still under your overall calorie target it's fine.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Tarated wrote: »
    I have been logging on for a week now but am struggling to keep my sugars in the green , they go into -15 or whatever . What can I do ?
    Eat more veg?

I don't even track my sugar. Unless you have a medical issue, don't worry about it
  • Tarated
    Tarated Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, yer seem to manage on my calories and everything else. Will be weighing in in the morn so will see if have lost anything here's hoping.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I stopped tracking sugar and swapped it out for fiber instead. You can change what you track here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    loldiz wrote: »
    I am also always over on sugars, but I eat a lot of fruit. As long as it's from healthy sources and you're still under your overall calorie target it's fine.

Doesn't matter what source it's from, if you're still under your overall calorie goal it's fine.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Eat more veg?

Banana is the highest sugar fruit.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    Eat more veg?

Except for mangos, at least.

• kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm always way over my sugar goal, and again that's probably due to fruit--banana and frozen fruit in the morning, pear or apple with lunch, and grapes with dinner. It's not like I'm eating candy bars and ice cream all day! As long as you aren't diabetic and you haven't been told by a physician you need to worry about your sugars, I wouldn't stress over it.
  • yarwell
    Options
    Eat more veg?

not according to my data.

• DeguelloTex
    Options
    Eat more veg?

It is according to USDA data.
  • yarwell
    Options
    Eat more veg?

not per 100g.
  • auddii
    Options
    Eat more veg?

You should check out lychees and figs...
  • auddii
    Options
    Eat more veg?

not per 100g.

According to this database, he's right (even per 100g): http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods
  • yarwell
    Options
    figs lower than banana per 100g and per fruit
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Eat more veg?

not per 100g.

When I looked it up, at 100g mango comes up at 14G sugar and banana comes up as 12G.

http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list?qlookup=09040&format=Full

http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list?qlookup=09176&format=Full
  • DeguelloTex
    Options
    Eat more veg?

not per 100g.
    Yes, it is. It's not a hard thing to check. Should I post screenshots for you?