Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone!!!! I miss you all! My new job has went from 10 hours a week to 25 already!!! I am still trying to juggle the eating and working! :( Some days I know I am not eating as much as I need to, but I am not, I repeat, I am NOT eating any unhealthy foods! :) I hope that everyone is doing great and let's get our motivation back!!! I am still here for anyone that needs me or just to chat!!! HUGS!!!!
  • bloodewine
    bloodewine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the craziest last few weeks at work, my food consumption has varied from practically nothing to absolute crap and everywhere in between. And thanks to blowing my knee out again, I've been unable to do my usual running or even walking for exercise. I got on the scale a few days ago for the first time in weeks, expecting to be horrified, and am instead confused. I remain at the same weight I had been previously killing myself to get away from. So apparently it doesn't matter what I do, my body has decided this is where it is happy, and it's going to take something crazy to make it change :( But I'm going to try to get back on track and at least start tracking my food again, even if I eat crap, so at least I will know where I'm at. Too afraid that my knee will give out again to start running yet, but I'm going to at least try doing some low/non-impact exercises and not just give up on exercise because I can't run.
  • Hthfamily
    Hthfamily Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bloodewine wrote: »
    Thanks to the craziest last few weeks at work, my food consumption has varied from practically nothing to absolute crap and everywhere in between. And thanks to blowing my knee out again, I've been unable to do my usual running or even walking for exercise. I got on the scale a few days ago for the first time in weeks, expecting to be horrified, and am instead confused. I remain at the same weight I had been previously killing myself to get away from. So apparently it doesn't matter what I do, my body has decided this is where it is happy, and it's going to take something crazy to make it change :( But I'm going to try to get back on track and at least start tracking my food again, even if I eat crap, so at least I will know where I'm at. Too afraid that my knee will give out again to start running yet, but I'm going to at least try doing some low/non-impact exercises and not just give up on exercise because I can't run.

I'm not doing much exercise now but I have started cutting my calories down 200 according to what MFP says I should eat. I'm in a challenge where a girl did this and still lost weight. I know someone else that is still loosing just by citing and watching food. Stick with it, you can do it!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Look up chair exercises on Youtube. Get a resistance band and some hand weights it is low impact exercise that won't strain your knee. I sprained my ankle last week and I am competing in a couple MFP challenges to keep me motivated. One is heavy on exercising so I need to do something. I also need to motivate myself and my money to go to the pool...
  • bloodewine
    bloodewine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! How is everyone else doing? People are being very quiet this week, must be the calm before the start of school storm (or quite possibly vice versa :tongue: ).
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Silence isn't good!!! Successes people want to talk about!! Failure not so much! Let's hope you are correct n if not let's talk. We are in this together!!!!!! As the song says " we are family" ! Gayle Minneapolis
  • ptkat28
    Options
    Hi all! I am still here! And I also noticed that is has been quiet in here as well! I have been super busy with the new job, kids starting back to school and 2 kids in high school marching band! I kinda hit a slump for 2 weeks and was down about it, up 2 lbs, down 2 lbs, up 3 lbs, down 3 lbs! But this morning, I finally broke it and weighed 169!! Yeah! Down below 170!!! I have now lost 59 lbs and about 58 inches overall! I started doing T25 again yesterday and am hoping that between that and walking I can shed my last 50 lbs! Miss everyone and hope that everyone is having a wonderful day!!!
  • jerzymike
    jerzymike Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    .i use go crazy trying to loose weight.6 meals a day,mma training. Nothing was working.I have been doing intermittent fasting for 3 days n lost 5 pds so far.no shakes,no crazy workouts. Best part ,its free
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm still keeping track of what I eat but when pms rolls around, I swear I could eat the house. Despite that I have still stayed in my calorie range! Also every Tuesday and Thursday I'm going to go workout for 50 minutes with a woman who absolutely kicks my butt! I know it's not many days but up till now I have been doing 0 exercising, so it's a step in the right direction, right?!
    Options
    Eri0515 wrote: »
    I'm still keeping track of what I eat but when pms rolls around, I swear I could eat the house. Despite that I have still stayed in my calorie range! Also every Tuesday and Thursday I'm going to go workout for 50 minutes with a woman who absolutely kicks my butt! I know it's not many days but up till now I have been doing 0 exercising, so it's a step in the right direction, right?!

Most people are bored in the eve. Could be tired, bored, did you eat enough protein n water. Your not alone! Gayle Minneapolis
  • ptkat28
    Options
    Eri0515 wrote: »

Great for wanting to work out during PMS!!! All I want to do is sleep! No eating and no exercise! But I know that I need to get my butt in gear to lose my last 50!!! Hope that your new exercise routine helps you!!!

I have done T25 for the past 2 days and my @$$ and my legs are sooooooooo sore!!! Thinking of taking a day off tomorrow, but knowing me, I will keep on keeping on!!!! Bring it Shaun T!!!
  • modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to say how difficult its been for me these past few weeks with keeping myself on track and eating right...God knows that I've been naughty....SUPER naughty...and have indulged more times and in more ways then i should have. Surprisingly, I haven't gained anything but boy! do i feel disgusting!

Well, effective yesterday, I'm back on track....(at least i hope so!)...I'm doing what i can to stay motivated and keep myself focused....i have 50 lbs more to lose and i'm hoping (praying) that i can get there by the new year. Has anyone tried taking part in these challenges that other members have posted? And if so, have you found that they've helped?
  • rsekouris
    rsekouris Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My name is Rosa, I am 33 and I too have loooots of weight to lose, add me and let's do that together ☺️
    So far so good I am taking care and try to stay under my goals but the more tre merrier they say ☺️
    A big kiss to all!
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started, also trying to lose 100lbs. I'm down 2lbs this week, so 1/50th closer to my goal.
    Options
    Welcome!!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • ptkat28
    Options
    Hi all!!! It is still quiet in here!!! Not a good sign, unless you are so busy working and that I understand!!! Been on a roller coaster here myself!! The past 3 weeks have been awful! Finally got below 170, then up 2-3 lbs then down 2-3 lbs. Up 2 lbs down 2 lbs! What the hell??? Is my body telling me something??? Because if it is, I DON'T LIKE IT!!! Did NOT exercise today, and being that TOM really sucks this week :( I think this morning I was up over 5 lbs!!! I have worked too hard to be at a plateau!!! Please help!!!!!!
  • jyneefur
    jyneefur Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I was on MFP previously and had success, until I stopped taking care of myself and gained everything back. I really need to do this and do it now. No more excuses, delays, or giving up.

So about me... I'm a 33-year old single woman living in humid Pennsylvania, USA who needs to lose about 150 lbs. (I'll figure out a specific goal number when I get closer!) I hate getting sweaty and I love eating carbs. Any help, suggestions, advice, friend requests, or personal trainers with whips are gladly accepted.

Good luck and keep on persevering!
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    @jyneefur Welcome :)

"I hate getting sweaty" How about swimming- or even water based fitness classes? No sweaty feeling there.

And as for carbs- I crave them also- sometimes drinking water and having fruit before I go for the less healthy carbs helps me to reduce the amount I eat of them- or even skip them.

• getfitt352
    getfitt352 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm also looking to lose 100 lbs or more and looking to see the type of things you all are doing to get started and stay motivated oh and to add some motivating friends.
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Opinions wanted...

I have been logging every bite and making my goal of calories (1,790) daily. That is supposed to be a 1lb a week deficit for me at sedentary level. I have also been working out 3-4 days a week about 20 minutes cardio and about 30 minutes strength training every time.

I have expected weight loss... but the scale is slowly climbing up.

A trainer at my gym suggested adding MORE calories- he thought that with the workouts I am doing, my calories are too low to lose weight.

I am toning up/strengthening visibly and losing inches in many areas.

So, what do you all think? Eat more? (Healthy stuff of course) or eat less?