Say what you will

Options

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I am so excited! I will be starting as an on call personal trainer with an organization that runs over 13 private health clubs after I had a practical interview yesterday and getting a good review. :):DB)o:):o<3

81l05t4u340p.gif

WTH does this have to do with scanning bar codes on packaged food?
    thats-enough-internet-cat-mother-meme.gif

It looks like maybe @47Jacqueline read the title and thought this was a "Say anything you want" kind of thread. Yet another reason why it pays to read the first and maybe the last post in a thread before commenting.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    about pre-packaged, processed food products. They sure are easy to log in with the bar code scanner.

Easy, eh?

Well, lowest common denominator...

What is that even supposed to mean?

I took it to mean only us uneducated classless neanderthals resort to the convenience of pre-packaged, processed food for the masses.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Um I don't weigh anything use cups, volume measurements, go off the packages for calorie info, sometimes I just eyeball it, and had no issue losing weight... Have no issue maintaining weight. Not everyone estimates so badly they need to weigh everything... So many of you act like you can't have success unless you weigh everything like its the only way. Funny how I still managed to lose without having to do that...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »
    Um I don't weigh anything use cups, volume measurements, go off the packages for calorie info, sometimes I just eyeball it, and had no issue losing weight... Have no issue maintaining weight. Not everyone estimates so badly they need to weigh everything... So many of you act like you can't have success unless you weigh everything like its the only way. Funny how I still managed to lose without having to do that...

well, la ti da :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Who has one of those high horse gifs??
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    about pre-packaged, processed food products. They sure are easy to log in with the bar code scanner.

lol....weigh it sometime....

i weigh my bread and it is often quite a bit off....i do eat processed prepackaged stuff often enough, but i'd watch that. they're easy to log, but the calorie count can be pretty off, which won't matter with a lot to lose. but with very little to lose, every little bit counts.

One of the advantages of living alone. I weighed the entire loaf of bread and divided it by the number of slices. The total calorie count came out to 15 calories per loaf off, which was l6 slices so basically 1 calorie per slice off. Individual slices may be higher or lower than the label weight per slice but the whole loaf was very close. Living alone, I will eventually eat the entire loaf so I don't weigh individual slices since the total will be close enough.

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Who has one of those high horse gifs??

HX7sl.gif
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Meh. I don't weigh my food either. I was able to lose weight without it, and am now maintaining with that method.
    However, for the vast majority of people who come on here and post about weight loss stalling, the number one reason they are not able to lose is because of logging inaccuracies. I almost NEVER mention the fact that I don't weigh my food, because it wasn't something I did to feel superior to people who do weigh their food. In fact, I just didn't know a scale was such a useful tool until I started lurking the forums. I told myself that if I ever did hit an unexplained plateau, or felt like I needed to tighten up my logging, the scale would be the first thing I would do. I just never ended up needing that. But... I probably could have hit my goal weight faster, and maintained more easily, if I did weigh my food, and I almost always ask people if they are using a food scale and recommend it to folks just starting out.

Pretty sure none of the people who were suggesting using a food scale were doing so to feel superior or to judge those that don't - unlike you - whose sole purpose with your comments was to belittle those who do weigh their food.

• queenliz99
    edited August 2015
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Meh. I don't weigh my food either. I was able to lose weight without it, and am now maintaining with that method.
    However, for the vast majority of people who come on here and post about weight loss stalling, the number one reason they are not able to lose is because of logging inaccuracies. I almost NEVER mention the fact that I don't weigh my food, because it wasn't something I did to feel superior to people who do weigh their food. In fact, I just didn't know a scale was such a useful tool until I started lurking the forums. I told myself that if I ever did hit an unexplained plateau, or felt like I needed to tighten up my logging, the scale would be the first thing I would do. I just never ended up needing that. But... I probably could have hit my goal weight faster, and maintained more easily, if I did weigh my food, and I almost always ask people if they are using a food scale and recommend it to folks just starting out.

Pretty sure none of the people who were suggesting using a food scale were doing so to feel superior or to judge those that don't - unlike you - whose sole purpose with your comments was to belittle those who do weigh their food.
    Love this
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    25fkqps.png

my fave high horse pic. ;P
  • queenliz99
    Options
    25fkqps.png

Did you figure out why you have kitty arms growing out of your arm, just curious?:)
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    25fkqps.png

Did you figure out why you have kitty arms growing out of your arm, just curious?:)

no....he was abandoned as a newborn by his mother, so i bottle-fed him, and then at some point he decided to fuse with me...

which makes me sad, because my first cat, a lynx-point siamese who looks like this, refused...even sadder, this cat and my cat, who is 7 now, both have the same name, Loki.... instead, i get the needy white cat whose name is Yemington fused with me.

5lbgww.png
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Thank you soooo much for telling me what my sole intention was! Then go back and read the comments of the poster that was criticizing someone quite condescendingly for logging in ounces and volume measurements.

And I don't feel superior for being able to lose weight without weighing everything I eat, on the contrary it's those that weigh that act like its the only acceptable way to do so. Just read through this entire thread or many others. I'll gladly joust them off their high horse while riding mine.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Options
    just to completely derail this and complete the horrorshow:

here are two of my cats:

1zq3igm.jpg
    before Yemington fused with me

534fx3.jpg
    King Loki, looking normal

2dikfbo.jpg
    Yemington, with resting dumbface.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Options
    i just realized my siamese is wall-eyed and that picture is blurry. hmm.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I fully support derailing with kitty pics :)
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Options
    Azexas wrote: »
    I fully support derailing with kitty pics :)

i have posted more on the forums in months than i have in literally 5 years on here just because i got a new laptop.

sad.