Can diet soda count as water???

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I wouldn't count pop as water ever. I do count crystal light though (5 cal per pack) and I water them down extra so they aren't as strong.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    wow the misinformation in this thread is amazing. bro-science at it's best.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Uhm NO. And it causes cancer. Just saying.......

And where is the proff of this?Supposedly cell phones cause cancer also
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I don't count my soda as water, but I do count it because it has some sodium. Diet Pepsi has 25 mg per 8 oz serving... certainly not high by any means, when you consider that Gatorade has 110 mg per 8 oz serving.

I do count the 12-16 servings of watered down Crystal Light or Propel mix I drink daily.

If soda dehydrated you, I'd be dead. Before MPF, that was all I drank, so my kidneys should have shut down years ago. :noway:
  • sswift76
    sswift76 Posts: 37 Member
  • sswift76
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Can you pronounce anything on the back of any of those packages? They are chemicals. Not good for you. Water is the best weight loss/ health drink you can possibly have. And it's free!
  • sswift76

So totally untrue. Definitely not proven......
  • sswift76
    I don't count my soda as water, but I do count it because it has some sodium. Diet Pepsi has 25 mg per 8 oz serving... certainly not high by any means, when you consider that Gatorade has 110 mg per 8 oz serving.

I do count the 12-16 servings of watered down Crystal Light or Propel mix I drink daily.

If soda dehydrated you, I'd be dead. Before MPF, that was all I drank, so my kidneys should have shut down years ago. :noway:

Me too!!!
  • sswift76
    Can you pronounce anything on the back of any of those packages? They are chemicals. Not good for you. Water is the best weight loss/ health drink you can possibly have. And it's free!

I am definitely trying to get in more water.. so hard to do!
  • sswift76
    Really? What makes people think to even ask a question like this?

Kind of rude......:frown:
  • sswift76
    I count the several caffeinated ones I drink every day and I don't have cancer, and as far as I can tell, I'm not a toxic waste dump. And I've been losing weight like crazy. I might drop diet soda and/or caffeine later, but there's some stuff I don't have to give up right now to get to my goal weight. Once I reach my goal weight and maintain it for a while, I'll start down the list of other stuff to give up.

That's how I feel. It's my one guilty pleasure...
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Did you really just ask that?

JK
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member

Diet soda is killing all of the bees. True story.
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    I would have to agree with the other's no is does not count
  • sswift76
    Really? What makes people think to even ask a question like this?
    some people honestly don't know better. It helps to be a little more compassionate to those who are asking genuine questions. I personally don't think anyone should drink soda, but that's not my job to judge. Try giving helpful suggestions.

Good advice!! :happy:
  • sswift76
    Wow, according to sovokit, I should be dead right now............
  • SJSharksChick
    SJSharksChick Posts: 83 Member
    No way!

..Though that'd be awesome considering I LOVE diet sodas, lol.

I must say, since cutting them out of my diet, I have felt MUCH better.
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Diet soda mimics sugar... drink it and you crave more. It may also increase cravings for other things bad for you. Water doesn't do this.

Don't forget too that to remove the sugar, they are sticking more salt and other chemicals in there. I've understood these chemicals especially bad for women's bone health. These drinks are not good for us we all know.

I struggle too - especially on 90 degree days after I just finished mowing the lawn - there is nothing I want more than an ice cold diet Pepsi. But still my goal is to keep the ban going and enjoy pure ice water instead.

In addition to causing bone loss, the artificial sweeteners in it causes the retention of belly fat. All soda is horribly unhealthy. Period. From personal experience, it is very difficult to cut it out altogether. However, it is possible. Start small by cutting one a day. Anytime you crave one drink an entire glass of water instead. Keep this up until you have cut back to maybe one a week. This is far better than a 3/day habit.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Short answer: no.
    Long answer: nooooooo.
This discussion has been closed.