What do you love about your gym?

Options
124»

Replies

• BrianaDuBois
    BrianaDuBois Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I really loved my old gym. It had the cardio cinema, so it was cool and dark and I watched a movie while I ran. It kept me from getting bored. It was 3 levels, with basketball courts, racquetball courts, a circuit, two weight rooms one which had trainers to give tips on form, a big pool and a ton of classes. It was $20/month since I was a student and had two locations and I miss it SO much.

Since I've moved, I like that my gym is clean and not jam packed. Those are both huge issues with the cheaper gyms in my area. It's also less than 5 minutes away. I really wish it was open longer, though. Sometimes I want to work out coming home from work at 7am and it doesn't open until 9am which is a huge bummer. Still, it's worth it for cleanliness and friendly staff.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Convenient.
    Multiple locations.
    No frills.
    In and out quickly.
    Inexpensive.
    Never so busy I can't use what I want to use.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    my gym is not an open gym...it is a studio owned by my coach and his wife and he has a few other trainers that work for him. everyone working out there is being coached up so there's really only 3-4 people actually working out at the same time...often it will be only myself and maybe one other person getting trained by on of the other trainers..it's kind of like having my own gym.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It's close,walking distance.
    Known the owner since he opened up gym,he and his wife are awesome.
    He studied,in college,for this,no bro science there.
    He keeps an eye on us and answers my many questions
    He's never given me crap for being vegan,instead gives me recommendations
    I went from overweight to ok weight ,slowly shedding fat still :wink:
    The environment is awesome, dudes are respectful and ladies,well they are there somehow
    Sometimes competitions or challenges are held,I've won one for side plank weeeee
    It's clean,fresh,you see new equipment, maintenance is given

• blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My hubs turned part of our family room in our basement into a home gym for me. He put up mirrors and weight racks and got alot of stuff for me to do at home workouts so i could be home with our boys and still have a place to go for me time. He worked really hard on it and i use it everyday thats what i love about my gym.
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My hubs turned part of our family room in our basement into a home gym for me. He put up mirrors and weight racks and got alot of stuff for me to do at home workouts so i could be home with our boys and still have a place to go for me time. He worked really hard on it and i use it everyday thats what i love about my gym.

this post just reeks of awesomeness. :)
  • TylerForget
    TylerForget Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Quiet: Rarely more than 6 people in the entire gym.

Cheap: 250$ a year.

Friendly: Same people every night, and a small community vibe.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    http://www.thebarbellcompound.com/

@thebarbellcompound on IG
    • $300 for the whole year
    • 24/7 key card access
    • Blasts metal and hip hop
    • Strongman equipment like log press, yolk, farmers carry, tires, sledgehammers.
    • Multiple Squat Racks, Benches, and Power Racks
    • Bands, Chains, and other accessories
    • Specialty bars like SS Bar, rap Bar, Swiss Bar, Axels, Power Bars, and Texas Squat Bars
    • Lots of very supportive members and competitive athletes ranging from powerlifters to NPC and IFBB Pro's. Some with over 40 years of competitive experience.
    • Bikini chicks who pose in thongs on Sunday.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I train at Paramount Sports Complex.
    I enjoy the variety of available possibilities. They have a rock wall, full weight room, cardio theater, resistance circuit, gymnastic area, martial arts room, aerobic room, full gymnasium, trampolines and fitness staff to address every need.

I pay $20 per month with no contract.
    I LOVE IT!
    4hkiyty4csor.jpg

Omfg I want to go to your gym!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Mine is a 24/7 gym. Anytime Fitness. Because it's a franchise I can go to any of them. Anywhere.
    I go at 4am and have the place all to myself.
    It's new so everything is nice and clean and new.
    They have awesome classes throughout the day.
    The staff are friendly and are happy to either leave me alone or help out with my form
    The big bosses wife lifts weights with me every so often and she is amazing.
    She also teaches pole dancing
    I love my gym
  • blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    Mine is a 24/7 gym. Anytime Fitness. Because it's a franchise I can go to any of them. Anywhere.
    I go at 4am and have the place all to myself.
    It's new so everything is nice and clean and new.
    They have awesome classes throughout the day.
    The staff are friendly and are happy to either leave me alone or help out with my form
    The big bosses wife lifts weights with me every so often and she is amazing.
    She also teaches pole dancing
    I love my gym

Ive been to anytime fitness up by where i live. They do a free boot camp on saturdays where members and non mrmbers can come. Its a nice place too.
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Until recently, was on way home from work and great facilities. However due to constant bullying issues from certain members I've just handed cancellation in. Just miffed I have to pay for another three months (t&c)
  • amelialoveshersnacks
    amelialoveshersnacks Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    'free' breakfast
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I go to PureGym. It's an English gym that offer 24/7 gyms around the country. I like it because I can go whenever I want (Monday morning / wednesday in the middle of the night, you name it). They also have LOTS of equipment meaning even at its busiest times, there's still enough for everyone to use.
  • GSixZero
    GSixZero Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Its in my basement.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

• 24/7 key card access
    • Strongman equipment like log press, yolk, farmers carry, tires, sledgehammers.
    • Specialty bars like SS Bar, rap Bar, Swiss Bar, Axels, Power Bars, and Texas Squat Bars
    • Lots of very supportive members and competitive athletes ranging from powerlifters to NPC and IFBB Pro's. Some with over 40 years of competitive experience.

I Googled and the place looks fantastic. I'm an older guy but love going in "real" gyms. Had the chance to work out at The Metroflex (Ronnie Coleman's home gym) in Arlington TX and the Quad's Gyms in Calumet City and Chicago.

I live downstate IL and get to Chicago on a fairly regular basis, do you know if The Barbell Compound does day passes?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

• 24/7 key card access

I Googled and the place looks fantastic. I'm an older guy but love going in "real" gyms. Had the chance to work out at The Metroflex (Ronnie Coleman's home gym) in Arlington TX and the Quad's Gyms in Calumet City and Chicago.

I live downstate IL and get to Chicago on a fairly regular basis, do you know if The Barbell Compound does day passes?

They do, they're like $10 bucks or something. I'd say to contact the owner though because hes only in at select hours and it is keycard access.
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options

That's so awesome!
  • _sambamm
    _sambamm Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    having 5 squat racks with deadlifting platforms, 4 bench press stations and all the db in the world. plus it's barely busy.